Important: ***Confirmed*** - September Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

P4 documents order

the order of P4 documents posted at chennaicp.tripod.com is the same as the one you get from consulate. I checked this againts the P4 docs my father received in India.

they will give you another order once inside the consulate, with paystubs, w2, etc asked for.

everyone gettig the sailing permit?

Re: P4 documents order

Originally posted by manish_r0
the order of P4 documents posted at chennaicp.tripod.com is the same as the one you get from consulate. I checked this againts the P4 docs my father received in India.

they will give you another order once inside the consulate, with paystubs, w2, etc asked for.

everyone gettig the sailing permit?

It's better to be safe than sorry, in getting the sailing permit and it's really easy.

RKReddy:cool:

Is there a local IRS office in Dallas, TX?.
Last time when I checked IRS.gov, it says the
nearest IRS office is in Austin. That is the reason
I did not show that much interest in getting the Sailing
permit.

If there is a IRS office in Dallas, I will try to get the
permit. Please let me know.

Thanks

2 questions

Hi,

1) What do u mean by W2 ? Do you mean the previous year's W-2 we used to file taxes ??

2) Also, in the letter i got from the consulate, it said one
check for $335. We already sent $260 to STL, so shouldn't it be $65 ??

Navin

employment letter format.

hi all,

received my employment letter. had a couple of questions:

the letterhead, as its address, contains the address of the head office in CA. Now, I am associated witht he MA office, on which the labor and 140 etc are based. Shouldnt it give the MA address?

the letter itself just says that I am an employee of the firm, and the pay is this etc.

** the future employment offer is not in the letter, but in a form 1743, offer of employment to alien.** Unfortunately, it too contains the company office address in CA.

since there's this conflict, I guess the only soluton for me is to get the employment letter reissued to include the future employment offer, and address change, or atleast a mention of the location of office I am associated with? any thoughts would be helpful.

thanks!!

okay, also found

that the address of the company usd in labor and 140 are also the CA address.

I have been using thr MA address in the DS230 forms, however.

so I guess my question now changes to:

** shoudlI get them to specifically menton that 1.) they plan to employ me in the same position after I come back. 2.) I wil be working in the MA location?

any pointers/thoughts would be helpful.

thanks!

Hi Kvnavin,

Usually companies send 3 copies of W-2. One for fedaral returns, one for state
and the other for your personal records. You can show them the personal one.

It seems if you show them the last 3 month paystubs, it is not enough. They
want to see W-2, so that they know how much you earned last year. I think the
total amount you earned last year on W-2 should be atleast what you mentioned in your labor
or the employment letter. This is only opinion.

I sent an email regarding the visa issuance fee to Chennai consulate. They replied
that it is only $65 in my case.

please help

Hi,

I have three questions regarding my cp interview

1) Can we fill ds 230 ll with pen or we should print from fillable
form

2) I paid 260+65 for me and for my wife at st louis, still how much i have to pay

3)When we submit our papers at counter on interview day,they will call after one or two hours what will they do that time with our
papers......just curious

thanks
gcvege

Re: please help

Originally posted by gcvege
Hi,
I have three questions regarding my cp interview

1) Can we fill ds 230 ll with pen or we should print from fillable
form
The instructions say print or type. So, one can print in the details with pen if you don't want to acrobat it.

2) I paid 260+65 for me and for my wife at st louis, still how much i have to pay
gcvege
How did you manage to do that?. Is this a new procedure?. You can Email the consulate to find out.

Hello Manish, can you do a favour

Hello manish,

can you update your chennaicp.tripod.com to include these 'valuable' links.
These 'threads' have valuable info for the newcomers to CP process

good work on your WEBSITE.Keep it up.

Thanks,
LocalMadras

Part 1 -> http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=18183&highlight=St.Louis+Consulate

Part 2 -> http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=5171

Part 3 -> http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=5185

Part 4 -> http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=5275

Part 5 -> http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=49724

Part 6 ->http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=51308

Hi,

I will be in Hyd before the interview.
My interview is on 20th.

I want to take a DD ( Rs. 6370 - for me and my
wife) in Hyd from Canara bank or SBI.

Is it okay?. Or Do I have to take it
only in Chennai?

Thanks

Gc1, localmadras

GC1: you might want to doublecheck this, but as far as I know a DD only needs to be payable in madras, and can be taken from anywhere. last year I took DD for my wife's H4 in my local SBI.

localmadras : I shall add the thread links soon.

took the sailing permit today: extremely simple 15 minute process. Officer filled out the form himself after checking my paystub and passport etc. Needed it only for myself.
I had already obtained the tax transcripts from IRS by mail.

Visa on passport expired - any advice

My visa on passport expired and I have a new H1 from a new company that is sponsering my GC.
When coming back to US will that be a problem, Do I need to carry any extra document. What document can I show at the airport when coming back to prove that I have valid visa to come to US.

Re: Visa on passport expired - any advice

Hi Navraj,

I think ur talking about after the interview for the GC, if this is the case then u don't have to worry about the visa in ur passport, because they r going to issue a packet attached to ur passport and anyway the H1 is not valid anymore.

RKReddy

Originally posted by navraj
My visa on passport expired and I have a new H1 from a new company that is sponsering my GC.
When coming back to US will that be a problem, Do I need to carry any extra document. What document can I show at the airport when coming back to prove that I have valid visa to come to US.

Thank you RKReddy

Hi RKReddy,

Thank you for the reply, my interview is on 19th sep and I will be leaving to chennai from Hyderabad on 15th. When is your interview and which place in India are you from ( I don't remember exactly if it is you, but I remember reading some where in this thread that they had interview on 20th sep and they were from hyderabad).

Navraj.

Re: Thank you RKReddy

Hi Navraj,

I am still waiting for my review to be done by NVC, hoping for Nov interview. I am from Hyderabad.

RKReddy

Originally posted by navraj
Hi RKReddy,

Thank you for the reply, my interview is on 19th sep and I will be leaving to chennai from Hyderabad on 15th. When is your interview and which place in India are you from ( I don't remember exactly if it is you, but I remember reading some where in this thread that they had interview on 20th sep and they were from hyderabad).

Navraj.

passport question

hi all,

do you know if chennai requires the passport has to be amended to show the spouse name ( for the husband) ? I saw something to that effect for the wife ( for maiden name thing) on immihelp.com, and wanted to know if anyone knows more about it.

thanks!!

added patsrinivas experience

hi all, I have added patsrinivas's experience to chennaicp.tripod.com

this also gives the order inwhich the consulate asks you to arrange docs.

birth certificate

i have a birth certificate which i got for wife and me, date is very recent, is that ok with the consulate or has had any problems with that?