Important: ***Confirmed*** - September Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

hi rekhak,

I am not sure if 21st is cutting too close. I have overengineered all scheduling stuff most of the time, so I was planning to leave a little more time anyway.

the question then is take lister on saturday, and if posible medicals on saturday, that gives me ample time for any MMR troubles. but no one has respoted any MMR trouble here.. still thinking. you should be okay even if you land on 21st, since one doesnot experiences any jetlag landing in India, normally. I guess after the interview I shall get the docs couriered to the hotel itself.

realplayer

from a recent experience july 24th :

I had successful CP at chennai on 24th July and came back into US after vacation yesterday (11th August). Everything was same as previous CPers posted into the forum.
Only think i like to mention is DR.Vijayalakshmi gives appointment till 7.00 in the evening and she was a great lady.
If any of you have any questions i am ready to answer that

so, Dr. Vij too does that.

hi gcvege and realplayer

gcvege--as far as i know, not transit visa needed for london

realplayer---you can collect it next day

doctors---i am not sure who does it after 5 pm

hi

I want to go to lister lab on friday morning( i think no appointment
for this please confirm), if i want to take appointment for medicals
then which time i have to take appointment. Do we need to take
lab results to medicals , if so when lab will give results if i go at
morning 9:30 am.please bear me (i am getting so many doubts...)
thanks
gcvege

about 140 approval

anyone planning to take 140 approval that was sent to your attorney? I read someplace that some officers ask for 140 original approval. isnt that a part of what NVC sends them?

GCvege, I see your interview is on 24th. so you do lister on friday, and if convenient you can get an appt with a doc on the same day and get medical too done. if not they are open on saturday too I think.
that way, you will have sunday and monday relatively free before the interview.

Fees

Does anyone know what the Immigrant Fee is?

Do we need all the money in drafts or should we take INR or USD also?

p4 mailed

hi all,

emailed Consulate and was told

1. my P4 has been mailed to my local address in Kerala yesterday.

2. Indians applying from abroad need only the embassy PCC.

ssk13, from what I have seen, since we have paid the 260 fee here, we need only the $65 fee as draft.

Sailing Permit

Hi,

interview scheduled for Sep 18th
Is sailing permit required ? I don't see this on the SRIFX list.
Please advise..

thanks,
maruthi

any physicians who have done cp after J-1 waiver?

if you know anyone who has done it , let me know so I can additional details

Our interview date is on the 25th of Sept.

Guys, I am new to this forum. Can some one forward me/point me to the Srifx list and any other helpful info.

Thanks,
vk

GCChennaiGuy - You said that we will be given a order list there and we have to arrage according to that - Is this order the same as we have (Srifx/Manish) or something different ?

September GC guys - if it is different from the list we are familiar with, could someone please make a note of it and post it here, which would avoid some unnecessary tension for future CPers.

Thanks

GC1 - I missed the Sept-interview as my papers were sent on July-24th. Actually the delay was at St.Louis for some unknown reasons.

Good luck to you and your family for the interview & enjoy your safe trip to India and back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did...

I got it couple of days ago to my local india address...I don't know the exact date though.