• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Immigration Reform

Let's go back to your March 22nd post, where you said:

But I guess it is more important that the Democratic party will get a large voting base despite that most Americans OPPOSE immigration reform of any kind. Hope the GOP can block that insanity. We are headed to a disaster.

Now, you are trying to qualify your position to make yourself look good and you said:

And you must have gotten your fatcs from the liberal twisted AP polls. If you do some research only 30% of American VOTERS(!!!) would favor amnesty:

And as a matter of fact I have not yet met a single American who would favor amnesty to illegals. Legals first ...

Did I say anything about Amnesty? I said most Americans agree that the current immigration system is broken. Which stands in stark contrast to your March 22nd position that "most Americans OPPOSE immigration reform of any kind." Those are your words, not mine. You didn't qualify it with legal or illegal then, what made you change your mind now, huh? It's obvious that you are anti-immigration in toto.

Almost 90% of the people who live over here are immigrants or their grand parents were....this country wouldn't exist without immigrants!

Almost 90% of the people who live over here are immigrants or their grand parents were....this country wouldn't exist without immigrants!

Yes. Coming here the legal and lawful way. Not by sneaking over the border, taking advantage of the loopholes and lack of enforcement. But of course it is a very convinient excuse for most to break the law, use fake documents, drive around withn no license or insurance, lie to the police about their identity and the list can go on and on...

Let's go back to your March 22nd post, where you said:

Now, you are trying to qualify your position to make yourself look good and you said:

Did I say anything about Amnesty? I said most Americans agree that the current immigration system is broken. Which stands in stark contrast to your March 22nd position that "most Americans OPPOSE immigration reform of any kind." Those are your words, not mine. You didn't qualify it with legal or illegal then, what made you change your mind now, huh? It's obvious that you are anti-immigration in toto.

By opposing immigration reform I meant opposing any way of legalizing people illegaly in the country especially doing so by pushing legal immigratnt to a much larger delay in line. In case you did not notice I said LEGALS FIRST. How does that make me anti-immigration, HUH???

I guess it is very convinient for you to make conclusions by twisting the words left and right so at the end it always comes out the way you like it HUH??

As I said: I am not infavor of legalizing any aliens illegaly present in the US. Legals first, when there's backlog and no quota left for legals there is no place for rewarding illegal aliens.

You are NOBODY to judge me. Just because my oppinion differs from yours don't start calling me names! Does this ring a bell: land of the free, 1st ammendment, freedom of speech etc? HUH??

Last edited by a moderator:
By opposing immigration reform I meant opposing any way of legalizing people illegaly in the country especially doing so by pushing legal immigratnt to a much larger delay in line. In case you did not notice I said LEGALS FIRST. How does that make me anti-immigration, HUH???

I guess it is very convinient for you to make conclusions by twisting the words left and right so at the end it always comes out the way you like it HUH??

As I said: I am not infavor of legalizing any aliens illegaly present in the US. Legals first, when there's backlog and no quota left for legals there is no place for rewarding illegal aliens.

You are NOBODY to judge me. Just because my oppinion differs from yours don't start calling me names! Does this ring a bell: land of the free, 1st ammendment, freedom of speech etc? HUH??

Hey, I didn't twist your words, I quoted your words. You said it yourself that most American opposed to immigrant OF ANY KIND. That includes, legal and illegal. Then you changed your position. That's great you have a change of heart, but the record is clear.

Are you really that afraid of me sitting being a monitor and an internet connection that you had to call people names multiple times. Funny how that feels when the table is turned against you, eh? If there was any judging, it was by YOUR OWN POSTS, YOUR OWN WORDS. I only quoted them.

And I am not the US Government, so your First Amendment Right does not apply here. Same reason why the forum moderator can ban people cuz his action is not one on behalf of the government. Next time, you have the urge to cite the First Amendment, take the time to understand it first and in what situation it applies to. Don't come out here, be all righteous with half the facts. Do your homework!

Yes. Coming here the legal and lawful way. Not by sneaking over the border, taking advantage of the loopholes and lack of enforcement. But of course it is a very convinient excuse for most to break the law, use fake documents, drive around withn no license or insurance, lie to the police about their identity and the list can go on and on...

Even more proof of how you use bits and pieces of proof to draw your conclusion. Let's go through your so called "list"

(1) Taking advantage of the loopholes: Exactly which loopholes are you referring to? That's so a broad baseless allegation with no substance

(2) Lack of enforcement: You must not fly too often, you know the payroll CBP and ICE carry? Any idea how many detaining centers are in the countries? Again, in what area are we lacking enforcement? More broad baseless allegations

(3) Use fake documents, Drive around withn no license or insurance, Lie to the police about their identity and the list can go on and on:
The Read ID act said not to give them license and with no license, they can't buy insurance. Would that make them go away? Nope, it just make them driving around with no license or insurance, even if they want to buy it. So you get in an accident with them, and you are left holding the bags. That's the effect of these laws. No legislator ever thinks about how the law apply in real life.

Hey, I didn't twist your words, I quoted your words. You said it yourself that most American opposed to immigrant OF ANY KIND. That includes, legal and illegal.

Maybe you can go back to pre-K and start learning to read again. I never said what you just said, I said:
OPPOSE immigration reform
and I meant immigration reform that would grant legal status to illegal aliens. But I guess it really bothers you that I don't want the open-border policy you dreamed up in your limited mindset.

Are you really that afraid of me sitting being a monitor and an internet connection that you had to call people names multiple times. Funny how that feels when the table is turned against you, eh?

I am not afraid of you at all. Why would I be? And I don't see any tables to be turned here. Don't be ridiculous, these comment are pathetic. You simply started picking on me because I don't like illegals and now you try to twist and band to make me look bad :cool:. I find this kind of funny.

If there was any judging, it was by YOUR OWN POSTS, YOUR OWN WORDS. I only quoted them.

You quoted them in a limited context. I can also get your posts and quote them the way it comes out a totally different way.

I said what I said the way I said it. You are nobody to hold me accountable for anything and YOU were the one who started picking on me because my oppinion differs from yours.

And I am not the US Government, so your First Amendment Right does not apply here.

And just FYI: it does apply here. This is a public forum and based on my understanding unless I use racial slurs, unacceptable language the moderator has no more reason to ban me than banning you.

Haha, you are kidding aren’t you.

(1) Taking advantage of the loopholes: Exactly which loopholes are you referring to? That's so a broad baseless allegation with no substance
There are so many loopholes in the current system that it is unbelievable. Illegal aliens are the number one group of people using fake SS numbers and fake driver’s licenses, they also steal SS cards from mailboxes and use it. During traffic stops they tend to give false identity to officers. And the list can go on with smuggling, prostitution rings ran by illegal aliens etc. There are many ways it could be discouraged.

(2) Lack of enforcement: You must not fly too often, you know the payroll CBP and ICE carry? Any idea how many detaining centers are in the countries? Again, in what area are we lacking enforcement? More broad baseless allegations

The enforcement of immigration laws are below acceptable levels. Coming through the borders illegally is a common way illegals entering our country. Check Google and search for ranchers in Texas and Arizona. Also people can actually get away for years without having proper documents and they can own cars, property etc. In most countries you simply cannot do that and the US should impose the proper safeguards also.

(3) Use fake documents, Drive around withn no license or insurance, Lie to the police about their identity and the list can go on and on:
The Read ID act said not to give them license and with no license, they can't buy insurance. Would that make them go away? Nope, it just make them driving around with no license or insurance, even if they want to buy it. So you get in an accident with them, and you are left holding the bags. That's the effect of these laws. No legislator ever thinks about how the law apply in real life.

Ok. So not it is the fault of the US citizens. Great logic. I have no further comment on this one.

You may love illegals that does not change the fact that I don’t. You can keep trying though… :p

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/03/hidden_cost_of_.html

Please read the comments at the bottom of the article...

Exactly. HCB = another burden on the already shrinking middle class, America's most important pillar.

Immigration reform = drug violance is already growing in the US and it is just a matter of time until it reaches unacceptable level. But I guess it is more important that the Democratic party will get a large voting base despite that most Americans OPPOSE immigration reform of any kind. Hope the GOP can block that insanity. We are headed to a disaster.

My co-worker (born in US) said: And today America died!

i am sure the FOX news channel is the epitome af fair and balanced news coverage. Just because you do not agree with what some people think or what the media is reporting doesn't make it left. Infact you have no clue what left really constitutes.

Why do conservatives always think any form of immigration reform or even the bank reform means leftish goverment intervention. Incase you missed the past 8 years no goverment control and out of control spending led to the US going into a depression. No oversight in banks the SEC failing miserably to notice ponzi schemes. And 47% of those hard working middle class american families your talking about basically don't pay taxes.

And even with all the facts and evidence you still spew this bile about leftish propaganda. And yes Mary Poppins I am sure that if you manage to kick every single illegal alien out of the country America will reach its second golden age. Point of notice i know enough young legal americans who just get fake ID's to buy booze.

And another thing Mary Poppins Liberals are not baby eaters. Using the term like its some form of degratory term is just hilarious.

Here is a dictionary term for you:

–adjective
1.favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2.(often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3.of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
4.favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
5.favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
6.of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
7.free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
8.open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.

Maybe the only person here who has to read the correct news articles are you mary poppins living in a fantasy is fine, reading only Fox news is fine but do not be suprised where Fox who has have had a history of lying about the most obvious things around. Last time i checked they claimed amsterdam was a warzone because of drugs. Considering I live there I found that hilarious.

Nothing is wrong with being liberal what is wrong however is being a hatemonger and someone who thinks they are above others because of their political ideals. If you cannot talk to someone in a normal way about different opinions then just please leave people alone. All this hate driven crap is cute but it only shows how bigotted you are being. Health care should be for everyone, not the preexisting conditions hogwash and other nonesense where you can get kicked out on a whims notice.

As for the illegal aliens last time i checked they weren't covered!

Maybe you can go back to pre-K and start learning to read again. I never said what you just said, I said:
and I meant immigration reform that would grant legal status to illegal aliens. But I guess it really bothers you that I don't want the open-border policy you dreamed up in your limited mindset.

Keep the name calling and conclusory statements coming. You are only writing more to confirm your anti-immigration stance. You can go back and edit all your posts, but you can't edit what I quoted from you. So go ahead, make my day.

And just FYI: it does apply here. This is a public forum and based on my understanding unless I use racial slurs, unacceptable language the moderator has no more reason to ban me than banning you.

That's forum rules you just quoted and has NOTHING to do with the US Constitution since this forum is not run by the US government. That says a lot about your poor "understanding" of the Constitution.

Exactly. HCB = another burden on the already shrinking middle class, America's most important pillar.

Immigration reform = drug violance is already growing in the US and it is just a matter of time until it reaches unacceptable level. But I guess it is more important that the Democratic party will get a large voting base despite that most Americans OPPOSE immigration reform of any kind. Hope the GOP can block that insanity. We are headed to a disaster.

My co-worker (born in US) said: And today America died!

Just for your entertainment! "OPPOSE immigration reform of any kind" I wonder what "of any kind" means to most people...

HKAndy: I guess you just can't let it go... The last word always has to be yours... (and now mine because it is entertaining :cool:).

That's forum rules you just quoted and has NOTHING to do with the US Constitution since this forum is not run by the US government. That says a lot about your poor "understanding" of the Constitution.

I was wrong here... However public forums should respect people's right to "freedom of speech" unless it violates one of the forum rules.

I don't care that you are trying to bash me because of my view and you were the one who got personal not me. Now I have poor understanding of the contitution according to you which I do admit. I am not a lawyer, never studied nor was interested in law or deep understanding of the constitution.

I simply expressed my opinion and you started to pull my words out of their context and started to bash and humiliate me (which I don't really care).

As of today:

MMIGRATION POLL
Where do you stand on Arizona's tough new immigration law?
(Poll closes: Apr 30 at 11:59 p.m.)
Strongly oppose 16%
Oppose 5%
No opinion 1%
Favor 10%
Strongly favor 66%

Have a good day sir!

The immigration reform allows for "trapped" illegal immigrant (including people overstaying their visas), who are not able to return to their home countries as they will be barred from returning to the USA, to be given legal status. In return they will be registered in the US system in terms of fingerprinting, security checks and tax filing, and thus enhancing the national security.

I do agree on the benefits gained out of this. However, it would be unfair for those who respected their visa terms and those who where honest in their request for temporary visas but where unable to obtain visas through routine channels. You can think of this as a reward to the bad people and punishment to few good ones.

this country is in deep economic crisis and political solution for anything these days is very remote .. so immigration reform is far off ...do not hold breath ... political life in the US is paralyzed due to inability of current presidency to move forward or do some radical reforms in other fields ...

For there to be any chance of success, the federal government must take leadership of the immigration reform effort, which it has not always done. Where possible, the states can and should support these efforts, but in a coordinated fashion. That means no independent state efforts targeting undocumented aliens, but also no more sanctuary cities. The federal government should step up partnering arrangements, like Secure Communities, 287(g) and targeted grants, but these alone are inadequate.

hard line eh??? I THINK ALL AMERICANS WHO CAN NOT PROVE THAT THEY LIVED (or they can not prove that their predecessors lived ) BEFORE 1492 in the NORTH AMERICA SHOULD BE DEPORTED ASAP