Immigration Reform bill is against legal Immigration !!

Reward for bad behaviour ??

I agree with aawara. Any system has to be fair,but here preference is given to the fence jumpers and law breakers and we all very well know why it is that way,petty politics.... Now to say hey they are human too is foolish. Would you not be frustrated and upset when U play by the rules and you get the short end of the stick and someone who knowingly has and will break law is being rewarded ?

To say they are illegal b'cos they don't have option... come on.... they made that choice and they have to deal with it.

I would agree that illegals need to be addressed since US needs cheap labor and also they have deep roots here and it is practically impossible to deport them. Let them stand in line and wait like any other law abiding immigrant, go thru the process and get their portion of the pie, not easy shortcuts..... no baby !!

JMJ

I agree with aawara. Any system has to be fair,but here preference is given to the fence jumpers and law breakers and we all very well know why it is that way,petty politics.... Now to say hey they are human too is foolish. Would you not be frustrated and upset when U play by the rules and you get the short end of the stick and someone who knowingly has and will break law is being rewarded ?

To say they are illegal b'cos they don't have option... come on.... they made that choice and they have to deal with it.

I would agree that illegals need to be addressed since US needs cheap labor and also they have deep roots here and it is practically impossible to deport them. Let them stand in line and wait like any other law abiding immigrant, go thru the process and get their portion of the pie, not easy shortcuts..... no baby !!

JMJ

JMJ,
One of the primary reasons, why you, me and most others on this forum are standing in this line for being a US immigrant is that, this is probably the only country where there is the most understanding of what freedom means!

Freedom to enterprise, freedom from political pressures, freedom from beauracracy and red tape, freedom of speech and freedom from being discriminated against on basis of race, color or creed!
And that freedom is earned through being a "LEGAL" resident!

We understand the value of this freedom and the fact that there is a right way to achieve this.
But to say that you are getting the short end of the stick because of the "Illegals" is totally misconceived.

Most of these so called "Illegals" have come here because of financial, social or other hardships. (I agree that a minor percent might not fit this criteria, but, isnt this fact same for legals as well!) To say that these guys should not have the same freedom, that we aspire for, would be narrowminded.

For one, we need to separate out the fact that "Illegal" and "legal" paths are 2 separate issues. They have similarities but essentially they are different.

Secondly, we need to understand the fact the CIR is essentially a reform for the Illegal immigration issue. We should be glad that they are bundling some Legal Immigrant issues into this to improve the overall system. Otherwise,we are too small a group to be bothered with.

They (the Senators & Congress) are not giving the "preference to the fence jumpers and law breakers". They are dealing with a PROBLEM they have at hand, and the CIR is a way to address that PROBLEM.

For them "Legal immigrants" are not at all a problem... and sooner or later the Legals will get the GC.

I understand your frustration as I am going through the same situation in life as you are, but, Trying to vent frustration over the CIR and Illegals, will only scuttle the process, and nobody will benefit (legals or illegals).

EB2

Gi'me a break!!

Hi EB2INDPD2005,
I never said that illegals don't deserve the same freedom as others,so yr point is unwarranted,but they should not be given preference over others especially after knowingly breaking the law and will continue to do so.

U said Illegals come here because of financial hardships etc etc., that is the same with most of the world's population, when U start comparing with U.S standards and I'm sure most people would want to come here. If you want to immigrate to the U.S get in line go thru the process and wait for yr due.

U also said that CIR is a reform for illegals,sorry it doesn't says so.... The last time I checked atleast officially (although some have vented their frustration by saying otherwise) CIR stands for Comprehensive Immigration Reform and NOT Comprehensive Illegal Reform. So to say "we should be happy that legals cause has been included, as if out of pity they are throwing scrap to legals" is a joke.

I have very little respect/regard for senators and congressman as in my assessment they only look for vote base and for short term fixes(patch work) and thats why we have this humongous immi mess in our hands.

Finally, I for one believe that illegal behaviour should not be rewarded and this will create a bad precedent. But given the way the wise men and women serving in the legislative wing of this country<i'll not be surprised to see amnesty given and every single fence jumper given straight citizenship....