Immigration Officer Called me and Card production Ordered

mahap001

Registered Users (C)
At 9.30 AM today, I received a telephone call on my cell phone from Immigration Officer at TSC. He asked me the following questions:

a. About my current job and what I do.
b. My name and parent's name , place and date of birth
c. My spouses's name and her parent's name , place and date of birth
d. About the place I live
e. He asked me what I did during the memorial day weekend. I tild him that I was in Texas...

And then he congratulated me and asked me to check status online.

I checked the online status and it says:

One June 11, we ordered....

Here's what I did:

a. June 07, 2007: Called TSC using POJ method and the rep told me that my security clearance was pending
b. June 08, 2007: Called Customer service and initiated a service request for me and my spouse

EB-3 (India) May 09, 2002
I-485 filed at TSC July 01, 2005
1st FP Code 3 done August 2005
2nd FP: Code 1 May 07, 2007
I-485 approved for self and spouse June 11, 2007

Congrats!

U are the second guy, I heard this story of Immigration rep calling to inform about 485 approval....

maan

that's crazy! I guess you were shocked to get such a pleasant surprise from USCIS. anyways, congrats for hitting GC being in NC blackhole!

Congrats!!

mahap001,

Congrats on ur approval!

Have u used your AC21 or are you still with your sponsoring employer?

Enjoy!!

Congrats mahap001. It's rare to see immigation officer calling an applicant before approval.

Congratulations!

As I said before there's no point calling TSC using POJ trick.

Calling National Customer Service Center and initiating a service inquiry has worked for some. If you haven't done so, you might as well want to try your luck. Here are the steps...

Call 1-800-375-5283
1- to select English
2-to skip introduction
6-to find case status information.
This connects to an officer.

Good Luck!

mahap001,

Congrats on ur approval!

Have u used your AC21 or are you still with your sponsoring employer?

Enjoy!!

I have never used AC21 though I changed jobs briefly.

I worked for Company A (original GC sponsor) since 2001. In 2006 I changed to another Company B who filed an H1-B. Then in April 2007, I went back to Company A ( since my original H-1B was valid). Now I work FT for Company A and PT for Company B. I never used AC21 since my Attorney said not to do anything unless there is an RFE.

Congratulations :)

So one more addition to our daily routine, checking our phone voice mail or chekcing for missed calls, apart from LUD change status check and frequent Email checks :) ....

At 9.30 AM today, I received a telephone call on my cell phone from Immigration Officer at TSC. He asked me the following questions:

e. He asked me what I did during the memorial day weekend. I tild him that I was in Texas...

Here's what I did:

a. June 07, 2007: Called TSC using POJ method and the rep told me that my security clearance was pending
b. June 08, 2007: Called Customer service and initiated a service request for me and my spouse

Congratulations ! .
This clearly indicates that TSC has different strategy. It processes TSC filed cases separately ( I mean different queue) that VSC to TSC transfer cases. Priority is given to TSC filed cases since they are already in the system and no one knows how long they will take enter 20,000 transfer cases.

Nothing against you mahap001. :) Enjoy the freedom.

Hi MA_labor,Congratulations enjoy....
Have you seen any LUD's prior to your approval and do you have any idea when was your namecheck complete and when did you start the inquiry with NCSC.

As I said before there's no point calling TSC using POJ trick.

Calling National Customer Service Center and initiating a service inquiry has worked for some. If you haven't done so, you might as well want to try your luck. Here are the steps...

Call 1-800-375-5283
1- to select English
2-to skip introduction
6-to find case status information.
This connects to an officer.

Good Luck!

Hi mahap001,Congratulations enjoy....
Have you seen any LUD's prior to your approval and do you have any idea when was your namecheck complete and when did you start the inquiry with NCSC.

Here's what I did:

Thanks but I'm not approved yet

Hi MA_labor,Congratulations enjoy....

I wish I was approved but I don't see that happening anytime soon :(

NO LUDs before the Phone Call

I had no LUDs at all. The last LUD was on 10/28/2006. I had my FP2-Code-1 done May 07 and there was no LUD

I STRONGLY recommend initiating a Service Request.

I had no LUDs at all. The last LUD was on 10/28/2006. I had my FP2-Code-1 done May 07 and there was no LUD

I STRONGLY recommend initiating a Service Request.

Hi mahap001, when did you initiate inquiry, I did one last week and have not seen any LUD's so far.

My case was at the TSC. I called Customer Service on June 08 and he took down my info and my wife's info. When I asked him about the ref number, he said that my request is gone and that my wife's ref number was available. I told him I dont't want it. That was it!

Just want to tell you:

June 07, 2007, 9:00 AM. I spoke with TSC rep and he said that my Fps were done May 07 and that I should wait 61 days.

June 07, 2007, 1:00 PM. I spoke with a TSC rep again and she said that my security clearance was pending. She can do nothing until that is cleared.

June 11, 2007: 9:30 PM . A phonecall on my cell phone showing Dallas area code. He identified himself with a name and said that he was an Immigration Officer.

Hi mahap001,
When you created the service request they must have given you a reference number, did it ends with VSC? My case has been transferred to TSC but the reference number (Service request) ends with VSC, I do not know whether the specific ending means something but I asked the rep where will my service request be sent and I was told it will be to TSC.