Immigration office linked to state offices?

mhhouston

Registered Users (C)
Can a US consulate or immigration office tell if you have been married if you never filed for a status change? Are the immigration offices and state marriage records linked together? Is this something that is routinely checked when applying for visas or is it just something they would have to dig up if they were suspicious of something.

Can a US consulate or immigration office tell if you have been married if you never filed for a status change? Are the immigration offices and state marriage records linked together? Is this something that is routinely checked when applying for visas or is it just something they would have to dig up if they were suspicious of something.

Please go away. Please do not try to solicit advice about how to commit fraud. You are on the wrong forum for that type of inquiry.

I'm sorry maybe there has been a misunderstanding? I am not trying to commit fraud.. I am just curious if being previously married will create problems for a future visa to be issued.

I've read many posts on here where people without certain details when filing for visas without being ridiculed for such actions. If I have offend someone by this question I am sorry. I was simply trying to find out if this detail is "important" and covered when it comes to applications and states changes.

I'm sorry maybe there has been a misunderstanding? I am not trying to commit fraud.. I am just curious if being previously married will create problems for a future visa to be issued.

Well, if so then you can clearly state your case here (anonymously, if you wish) and then you might will get some advise from competent people

Well first off i have two posts that are almost identical in relation. One of them is concerning my finance and the other one is about her friend that came with her but overstayed her visa by two years. This question is on her friends behalf. She recently got engaged and had to go back to her home country. When she was in the us (after her visa) expired she was married and then promptly divorced. Her new fiance is curious if her previous marriage will inhibit her from obtaining a waver of inadmissibility due to her overstay visa status and her departure from the country. They are unclear wether bringing the previous marriage to light will
Effect the approval since no status change paperwork was filed.

Do you understand what you asked? You asked if there is any way that consular and immigration officials could tell if you had previously been married.

The OBVIOUS answer is YES. This is because it is asked of YOU and YOU are required to tell the truth and provide evidence.

Your query strongly suggests that you want to hide this basic information. Think about how your posts will be received. This is an anonymous forum but your petition and application will not be anonymous.