Immigration Judge Reviews

cybropp

Hello everyone. Has anyone dealt with this judge in the past or heard anything about them?

J. Thomas Bartleson​

Detailed data on decisions by Judge Bartleson were examined for the period covering fiscal years 2017 through 2022. During this period, court records show that Judge Bartleson decided 139 asylum claims on their merits. Of these, he granted asylum for 109, granted 3 other types of relief, and denied relief to 27. Converted to percentage terms, Bartleson denied 19.4 percent and granted 80.6 percent of asylum cases (including forms of relief other than asylum).

Detailed data on decisions by Judge Bartleson were examined for the period covering fiscal years 2017 through 2022. During this period, court records show that Judge Bartleson decided 139 asylum claims on their merits. Of these, he granted asylum for 109, granted 3 other types of relief, and denied relief to 27. Converted to percentage terms, Bartleson denied 19.4 percent and granted 80.6 percent of asylum cases (including forms of relief other than asylum).
I saw this but I was hoping someone had a more personal experience to share. However, thank you!

I saw this but I was hoping someone had a more personal experience to share. However, thank you!
Here are some quote from my net friends who were granted asylum by this IJ:

"Very good, he approved without asking."

“The judge was nice, very nice, and he didn't ask me a single word.”

Here are some quote from my net friends who were granted asylum by this IJ:

"Very good, he approved without asking."

“The judge was nice, very nice, and he didn't ask me a single word.”
This might be too much to ask, but what was their reason for referral to immigration court?

But in other words, one gets same judge at Master & IMH. Right?
Even if the judge is the same, be careful about the government lawyer, because the government lawyer has the right to appeal to BIA. If the government lawyer is very very bad, a super good judge is not enough to overcome the injustice of a bad government lawyer.