immigration frauds for Indian passport holders

I read similar information earlier. However, at that time, it was reported in Mumbai airport.

Just for every one's information, one of my co-passengers (he is an old man and travelling on green card) was asked to disembark from Mumbai-JFK bound AI flight when I first travelled to US. Specifically, it was happened on February 12/13 2000. Please note that this is not hoax. If any one have any doubts, they can verify this information. The reason for asking to disembark was at Mumbai airport, some how his passport was missing. On that day, the flight was delayed by more than 9 hours and the passenger was having boarding pass and we already made on trip from Mumbai to New Delhi and back to Mumbai due to some technical problem at New Delhi airport. That means, he was verified at Mumbai airport. Not sure what happened subsequently.

Therefore there is nothing wrong in watching what is happening around us at emmigration/immigration points.

Thanks

SRK

How can we verify this information??? Losing passport could be a routine incident happened, considering the person being an oldman. Lot of people lose passports and how can we relate that to immigration fraud.

I agree to the point that being careful is of no harm but panicking at misinformation is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I guess this is total hoax...this mail has been floating for the past 2/3 yrs and no solid information regarding it...

The email could be hoax. So....far, we never came across the people who were actually victims.

Just to clarify "naa_GC_ekkada" questions. The person is not too old and he is around 50 years and his wife is a doctor. The reason, I came to know that, he gave me some contact info. and asked me to communicate on reaching US. Also, there is every possibility that that person lost the passport at the airport. However, according to my knowledge, the chances of losing the passport may be slim.

Once again, what ever I said, is not mis-information and it is left to individual's opinion to believe it or not.

Thanks

SRK