Immigrating from the US to Canada.

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by Voigtalnder912, Dec 30, 2013.

  1. Voigtalnder912

    Voigtalnder912 New Member

    I have a rather difficult situation. I have been in the U.S for 15 years (I came here as an eighteen year old) and have never got my chance at legalizing my stay since I entered this country illegally, although under my name and trough a port of entry (Miami). I have been inquiring with lawyers about how to legalize my status, but there was/is no way. I have been working at the same company for 15 years (they have never asked me about my status) I have progressed trough ranks and was made into production (maufacturing) manager. Meanwhile, I got my U.S GED diploma, went to colllege (didn't graduate yet) and took several business management courses in local universities. Now, I and my family have come to realization that this illegal life cannot last longer and we need to fix it. We have decided that Canada will be our best option. While working at my current job, I made few contacts and now I have a job offer from Canadian employer. My question is. If I were to start the process, would I have to leave the U.S, go back to my home country and then immigrate from there? Would the process be any faster due to the fact I have a job offer from Canada?
    Thank you for your help.
  2. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    Are we talking about a Canadian work permit here? If so, you will need to apply for it in your country of citizenship. Since you have no legal status in the US, I seriously doubt any Canadian consulate in the US will entertain your work permit application.

  3. Willshelp

    Willshelp New Member

    I guess you need to go through the whole process. The rules are more strict and it is hard to find easy ways out.

Share This Page