Immigrant Song - kashmir WAC-02-124 (I-485) approved on 5/7/2004

6/4/2004 my son's online case status updated (5/19/2004 I-551 passport stamped at LA)

The online case status for my son was updated at 6am this morning on 6/4/2004.
On June 3, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
kashmir said:
I visited INS Los Angeles office with my children to support their I-551 passport stamp at 1pm on 5/19/2004.
Each of my children had an InfoPass appointment of 1:00pm and we reached there just before 1pm.
Most of people with 1pm appointment had already entered in the building, so there was nobody in the line.
We got just one number A418 (Extension Appointment) for two and went to the Window #12 at 1:20pm.
It took almost 30 minutes for two passport stamps.
The officer didn't ask us EADs and APs.
We left there around 2pm.
Their stamps are a little bit diffrent from mine stamped at San Jose office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Cards received 6/12/2004

I have just come back from one-week vacation and found three Green Cards delivered to my home for myself, my wife, and my son, but not for my daughter.

summary after approval

For myself and my wife:
  • 5/8/2004 7am
    This case has been approved. On May 7, 2004, an approval notice was mailed.
  • 5/12/2004 : Approval Notice received
  • 5/17/2004 : I-551 passport stamp at INS San Jose office
  • 5/28/2004 9am
    Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
  • 6/1/2004 9am
    On May 28, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
  • 6/3/2004 9am
    On June 2, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.
  • 6/12/2004 : Green Card received at my home (delivered maybe on 6/7/2004)

For my son:
  • 5/8/2004 7am
  • 5/19/2004 : I-551 passport stamp at INS Los Angeles office
  • 6/4/2004 6am
    On June 3, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
  • 6/9/2004 6am
    On June 8, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.
  • 6/12/2004 : Green Card received at my home (delivered maybe on 6/10 or 6/12)

For my daughter:
  • 5/8/2004 7am
  • 5/19/2004 : I-551 passport stamp at INS Los Angeles office
  • 6/9/2004 6am
    On June 8, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
  • 6/14/2004 11am
    On June 11, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.
  • 6/15/2004 : Green Card received at my home

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats

kASHMIR,
CONGRATS AND YOU GOT YOUR FREEDOM AND ENJOY. GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR SELFLESS WORK FOR THIS COMMUNITY.

WISHES
PATHAPATI
022165xxxx

As updated at summary after approval, I received my daughter's Green Card yesterday (6/15/2004).

By the way, for the photo, new ones that we brought at I-551 passport stamp were used for myself and my daughter, but old ones that were attached with I-485 applications were used for my wife and my son.
Other information is correct.

Anyway, my green card process is almost done.
Good luck to everyone who has been waiting for a long time, especially fighting against the injustice of the Government.
I will be soon back in fighting, and join or resume a couple of projects.

4,000 messages since May 2002

This is my 4,000th message at ImmigrationPortal.COM since I joined in May 2002.

Most of my messages are related to Proejct Kashmir and Project Ocean,
so I think my actual messages related to Immigratoin specific issues may be less than 1,000.
Actually, I have sometimes received private messages or e-mails to ask about specific issues,
but usually I had no idea on those issues, so I could not answer for most of those questions.

Even though I have already got my green card,
I have to represent this community at our I-485 Litigation as one of original plaintiffs though the end of our fight against the Government's injustice to get our final big victory.
Also, I and ImmigrationPortal.ORG continue working with Congressional offices to amend the INA about five-year residential requiremdent for Naturalization in order to get Citizenship by 2008 so that we can vote at 2008 Election.

Thanks for your having supported our community, and thanks for your future support in advance,
-kashmir

Kashmir yes, it has I551 stamp on the card

Kashmir,

the card is little bigger than I-94. the inforrmation on the card is like this:
this card has all the detailed columns for names and birhtdate..country...bla bla..but for I551 details,she put the stamp on the card in red ink just like below..
A##-###-###
(lastname), (firstname)
PROCESSED FOR I-551
TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF
LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR
PERMANENT RESIDENCE
VALID UNTIL MAY 18 2005
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED.

5-5-04 DET E26
Date Port Class
MM-DD-YY CCCCC
BIrthdate Country

DET-(Officer's initial) Off.#XX

She also asked for one extra photograph and and attached the photograph and put a immogration seal(certified)on that card.

Do you guys feel that CIS is indeed proceeding at the faster rate as it brags on its website? The 485 date is progressing by leaps & bounds.

pb74 said:
Do you guys feel that CIS is indeed proceeding at the faster rate as it brags on its website? The 485 date is progressing by leaps & bounds.

Whole Lotta Love : Victory on I-485 Backlog Reduction, Next Fight, and Goodbye ...

The latest USCIS CSC Processing Time report was posted today on 8/18/2004,
and I-485 processing date was moved to 1/15/2003.

I believe we have won the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC,
so we have archieved the first goal.

I am shifting the focus of my fight toward the next target.
I think the current immigration system is the last slavery in the United States,
and my final goal of this fight is the Liberty of Immigrants.

I will leave this I-485 CSC forum soon but stay in ImmigrationPortal.COM for a while.

Thank you so much,
-kashmir

20th August 2004, 02:56 PM

Thanks for your hearty words.
I am really pleased to have read your messages.

I have been posting 4500+ messages at ImmigrationPortal.COM so far,
but I have not been spending so much time here as most of you think.
I think that 60% of my messages are related with Project Ocean,
and 30% are related to Project Kashmir.
Actually, I had been sometime asked some specific questions
but usually I could not give them any answers nor simply I had no idea.

So, I have been focusing the fight for immigrants,
especially I-485 applicants because I was one of them,
against the injustice of the U.S. government including USCIS,
rather than Q&A or discussions at the forum.

I think it is just a matter of priorities.
Every person has one's own list of priorties, and I have my own list.
Of course, I have been spending more time for my job and my family rather than immigration issues.

Now, I completed all my works for I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC,
and I am currently working on:
1) I-140 CSC backlog issue with I-140 CSC forum members
2) H.R. 3701 and V Visa issue with V Visa forum members
We will attend Mike Honda's (D CA 15) town hall meetings next week.

And, I plan to work on:
3) I-140 and AC-21 issue based Fujie Ohata's memo - nationwide campaign
4) Amendment of Section 316(a)(1) of INA about 5-year residential requirement for Naturalization
I will follow up Zoe Lofgren, and visit Anna Eshoo's Palo Alto office.

The future target may include:
5) Amendment of U.S. Constitution about Voting Rights of LPRs

As I wrote before, my final goal of this fight is Liberty of Immigrants
because I think the current immigration system is the last slavery in the United States.

Can anyone find the statistic for June 2004 ?

I see that a lot of people have volunteered to run scans for various time periods , would anyone be kind enough to run the scanner for May June, July for the CSC center , I want to know what percentage of EB2 cases were approved through the pilot program.

I am willing to run the scan myself if someone can give me the WAC number input file......

Thanks

gsivasub said:
Can anyone find the statistic for June 2004 ?
I see that a lot of people have volunteered to run scans for various time periods , would anyone be kind enough to run the scanner for May June, July for the CSC center , I want to know what percentage of EB2 cases were approved through the pilot program.

I am willing to run the scan myself if someone can give me the WAC number input file......

Thanks
This thread is not a right place to post such a question,
so I put your question at pinnacle_man's thread "Open Scanning - Volunteers welcome. -PLEASE HELP".