Immigrant Numbers For January 2005

usnycus said:
More depressing then everyone expected. :(
Hi Guys,
On my labor petiton receipt the Priority Date says 20th December 2001. Am I safe or I am also screwed up...
Thanks
KK

ohiostud said:
Piece of Crap!!!! People in EB3 born in India China and the Philippines forget GC for a while, until the poor souls who have been waiting much longer than you get approved

Fixed it for you. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Fix yourself first!!!
Does not make any sense. How long have you been. Bet not as long as I have. 7 yrs???????

TheRealCanadian said:
Fixed it for you. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

retrogressed dates and pre approved labor

How do the retrogressed effect someone who is using a Pre-approved labor with PD of Dec 2001 ? Can they still apply concurrently ?

Ray S. said:
Does any body know the procedure for upgrading labor from EB3 to EB2? What is involved?

You cannot "upgrade" a labor certification. The category of the LC depends on the job requirements. Unless the requirements in the LC call for a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree + 5 years' progressive experience, it's EB3, not EB2.

FWIW, I waited 5 years to get my GC when I consider my first, aborted LC from a previous employer. While I sympathise with some of the EB3 folks caught by retrogression, there are still a lot of folks with priority dates in 1999, 2000 and 2001 who haven't been approved yet. Second, you make it sound like no one outside of India, China or the Philippines applies for an EB immigrant visa. To the 75% or so of EB applicants, this isn't news and we shouldn't worry them unnecessarily.

I asked my attorney/HR if they can upgrade my LC petition to EB2 category and this is what i got reply from them...

"You must have a Masters Degree to qualify for an EB2 status. Even if
you now have a Masters Degree, in order for us to change it, we would
have to start all the way over on the Green Card process."

Iam not sure how true is this... :confused:

Ray S. said:
am sure the labor can be amended to upgrade EB3 to EB2, I had spoken to an attorney last year about this scenario but the problem is it's too much of a hassle.

I agree with Ray.

They increases employment based non-immigrant visa whenever they needed but no increase in employment based immigrant visa number at the same time? Another possibility is that Congress could easily amend the law in order to allow the Immigration Service to "recapture" visa numbers lost in prior years. Over 100,000 immigrant visa numbers were lost because of bureaucratic inertia.

Ray, could you please throw some light on how to contact local senator, i mean how to find all those information. Can you help me in formating a petiton ...i am will do this since iam in 6th year and getting ready for 7th year h1 extension. Now this EB3 retrogression...
Pl. advise...your help is always appreciated.

Ray S. said:
We would be better of petitioning Senators to increase the number of green cards allowed in a year. Also EB3 applicants who have now ended up in their 6-7th year should petition law makers of their grievances 'cause of the EB3 retrogress problem having waited for the full H1-B period and now having to face pseudo-deportation. Unless Corporate HR offices and Senator's offices receive such letters law makers will not initiate a remedy. Contact your human resource given them in writing about your problem, ask your attorneys to forward your grievances to AILA. Write letters to your local Senators doesn't matter if you're not a US Citizen, Senators do read letters from immigrants.

If we send a petition to Rajiv, he will will send our petition with our names list to the respective senators on our behalf and will let us know the senator's reaction on that.

Come up with text describing our hardships on H1 to get LC which takes about 4 years and now how long should we wait to get the Visa numbers available. Come up with some advantages to US economy if we numbers are increased and how we can improve US economy. Write some three good paragraphs.

Then we can send that to Rajiv to submit for senators.

I think we must raise our voices by either petition or email to senators (or both) so atleast they know that there is such problem exists! Since they may be in vacation mood right now, we can send them ideally around end of Dec of early Jan timeframe.

Has anybody has issues in the 6th year finding employment with the top companies?
Well, i do ... not with top companies... but with Government agencies... i have an offer from an Govt agency, but cannot transfer my H1 since iam in 6th year and my consulting company is going to file my h1 extension based on my pending labor. Any ways... that i can transfer my h1 to Govt agency and also my I 140/485 application to that agency will help not only me, but also Govt agency to save tax dollars... But how do i make senator/who ever understand this situation..

Ray S. said:
There is a stigma attached to H1-B professionals who have completed 6 years, most major corporations are not willing to employ us for reasons relating to sponsoring such 6> candidates contrary to the fact that we are the most experienced. Why does the Senate allow this? How do you convince corporates that you can get extensions from a green card application with another employer? Has anybody has issues in the 6th year finding employment with the top companies? The Senate should either get rid of the 6 year limit or disallow any further employment after 6 years 'cause it's becoming a struggle now to survive on H1-B, we are not only at a disadvantage to citizens and green card holders we are also at a disadvantage to H1-B holders with years remaining on their visas, this is cannibalism at it's best thanks to the US Senate and AC21.