Immigrant intent & Marriage to USC

dnh

I've enjoyed the dialogue so far and learned immensely - Thanks everyone.
I have a question about how immigrant intent is determined:

I'm on my first TN (now expired and w/f I-129 renewal). I recently got married - my wife is Dual Canadian / American and we're both from Canada living in the US.

I'm quite happy to stay on TN but I'm concerned about my TN status due to marriage to a USC. My question is
(a) is this de facto immigrant intent due to my marriage to a USC and residence here?
(b) is this assessed every time I cross into the US or only once a year when my TN extension or application is processed? Should I be worried about leaving the country at all?

I've been very hestitant to travel outside the US with my wife until I clear this up, although we're both right on the border. Thanks for any thoughts.

(a) yes. The burden of proof now shifts to you to prove that you are not intending to get a green card while on your TN
(b) each time. all TNs are open for assesment each tim they cross for a number of reasons, including immig intent.

you shoud be worried, and thus should be taking quick steps to file I-130/I-485/i-765/I-131 --yesterday.