• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Illegal vs DV Lottery Visa 2012

fmagr

I was randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program 2012. In 2001, I entered the US via Puerto Rico with his Spaniard passport with an I-94. I was born in Venezuela but I have dual nationality; Venezuelan and Spain. I have been living and working here illegally in the USA since September of 2001 and I have been paying taxes under my Temporary Identification Number (TIN). My question is: Am I eligible for this program with my current status? If not, what is my best option to gain residency? Is there any chances to AOS?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you will be deported. What if you go out of the USA back to Venezuela and don't ever mention in your application that you was in the USA? Do you think the US will find out assuming you have a clean record?

Only option is to cross the border into Mexico and then catch a flight to veneuzuela ( no border control going into Mexico from Us side aswell) then basically you would have left the country unidentified. You can claim that you have been back home since 2001.

Unless a petition was filed on your behalf before April 2001, you can't receive a green card through the Diversity Lotto. I too was an illegal immigrant until I won the DV Lotto last year. BUT, luckily for me, my aunt filed a petition for my family and I in January 1998.

I'm sorry.