illegal alien wish to return home country

semiconsulate

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone,

I have a friend who is illegal, he want to go back his country india, he is very concern about how to go back
Will US airport will allow him to go back ?
Will Airport authority of India will allow him to let in or harras him since he dont have visa ?
You any one please share experience ? Specially for going back India. Scared about Indian Immigration Authority, Will they put him in Jail since he went USA without Visa ?

Please reply
Thnks

hi everyone,

I have a friend who is illegal, he want to go back his country india, he is very concern about how to go back
Will Airport authority of India will allow him to let in or harras him since he dont have visa ?
You any one please share experience ? Specially for going back India. Scared about Indian Immigration Authority, Will they put him in Jail since he went USA without Visa ?

Please reply
Thnks

Does he have a Indian Passport.
How did he leave India without any visa.

i have a friend with the same situation ,he left from jfk newyork and no one check him.mostely they concern for airline ticket,...

Your friend can leave the US without meeting any CBP officials. If he holds a valid Indian passport, then he has the right to enter India.

hi everyone,

Please reply
Thnks

my question is, He is in US without a visa, (illegal) maybe he can go back with any problem from US, once he reach india. Indian immigration people they harras, they know that he was gone without visa (maybe this is how they tried to get $$$$). otherwise they have a right to put you in Tihar Jail.

Is any one has this kind of experience.

Also now a days US Entry & Exit System procedure required Finger Printing of both the finger and one picture. With this one can leave country but never get visa from Consulate upto 10 years (This is what i guess).

Did you friend enter the US without inspection or simply overstayed his I-94?
If it is the latter, he is probably in the "system" as having overstayed. If it is the former, then "theoretically" he has never visited the US. In either case, he will not be able to secure a future US visa if he truthfully fills in a DS-156.

No he just came Canada, and then entered into USA with Inspections (Without Visas).

So if he goes back india, will immigration in india put him in jail ? or Ask for Money$$$$ ?

Will he will have to go finger printing in USA before taking flight ? if yes, then will he able to get any kind of visas in the next 10 years, since he will be 10 years ban.

1. He is an Indian. Doesn't Indian need visa to enter the US or is it some kind of NAFTA thing allowing people to enter the US w/o visa for short visit to the US ?
2. Did he get I-94 ? What was the expiration date.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should have no problem in India

As long as he has valid Indian passport, he should have no problem in India. I do not believe Indian officials would have any right to determine if you overstayed in another country. They would ensure you can legally enter India. As long as he has legal Indian passport, he would be fine.

Come on no one is understanding me, His Passport is Blank.....NO VISAS.

He entered illegallly into US..... (NOT OVERSTAYED)

I don't think there is an issue of us not understanding your friend's situation. If he has a valid Indian passport, he has a constitutional right to enter India. End of story. None of us here can predict what action (if at all) Indian authorities will take if they find out your friend broke immigration law in a foreign country. I can tell you what Pakistani authorities do. "Officially deported" Pakistanis are questioned by Pakistani authorities upon return. The questioning tries to find out information about any human smuggling elements. Whether there was an agent involved who was paid to secure counterfeit visas or passports, etc. Individuals who break foreign immigration laws are not prosecuted. They are let go after their questioning is complete.

ok but what about finger printing in US, after fingering printing at airport will he able to get visa from US consulate ?

If your friend fills in a DS-156 "honestly", then Q29, Q30 and Q38 will make the interviewing official aware of his previous stay. That translates to a visa refusal.

Some people from my wife's church are here illegally. They go back without problems. Sometimes they lie and say that the lose their I-94. As long as you have a passport for the destination country, you will be extended a red carpet when leaving the US. Sometimes they extend a red carpet for illegals even at the PORT OF ENTRY. According to some people from my church, after living for 2 years illegally she went back for a sweet vacation in South America. Then she returned to the US, told at the US port of entry that her and her 2 daughters lived for 2 years in the US (obviously illegally), and the US officer simply stamped her visa and told her welcome to the US again!

hi everyone,

Please reply
Thnks

The only problem I foresee is in the intermediate airport, Most countries require a transit visa for the stopover and will not issue one to an illegal alien in USA.