If you need help with landing in Toronto

Hi Sathis

I am planning to land in Canda in 3-4 week time. Can I use your address during the landing in order to get PR card sent to that address.

Regards
Lakshmanan

Ani

Hi Ani,
I called those guys and here is what they said:
you and your wife and get your PR cards with your the ids that you have-US driver's license and Intl. licenses so long as you have your passports, landing papers and birth certificates (as a back-up).
Hope this answers your question.
Satish

Thank you Satish

Hi Satish,
Thank you so much Satish
I must say this world is great because of nice and helpful people like you
Thank you once again !!!
Ani

For Satish

Hi Satish:
I just read this thread and I must say I'm really happy that guys like you go out of their way to make selfless efforts at helping others. I had a tough time trying to get a simple address in Canada for my PR card. Had to plead with people who I didn't even know (through friends) and I finally took someone's favor and got it done. And all because my contacts are here mainly in the US and not in Canada. It's hard for me to understand why people don't usually help out 'coz I know I would if I could ! But anyway, kudos to you for doing it ! And may you get what you want in life... if there's anyway that my humble help maybe required in any matter, please feel free to holler at me...
Thanks,
-Deepred

Snippets of info

For those of you who are planning to land in Ontario and are planning to on/drive a car:
- please get a record of "no claims" from your insurance company in India/US. It will save you a lot of money in insurance costs.
Just a letter from your broker in India on a company letterhead should do the job.

Those of you who have given my address for their PR cards, please let me know the date when you sent the info to immigration. It will give me an idea of when to expect it.

Satish.

Filed from Buffalo...Landing from India

Hi Satish and gurus,
I applied for PR from Buffalo during June2002. Today, I have sent all the documents those were request after interview waiver letter...such as FBI fingerprint card, PCC from India, RPRF, Updated Employer verification letter and updated bank statement. Currently, I am in USA but planning to go back to India for good on 31st Jan. 2004.

My question is: Do you see, any problem in landing from India. Do you anticipate any case, in which I can be asked to be present physically in USA.

I am not sure, if i am clear here...Can I call you satish and discuss..pls let me know..

Regards, Ajay

Ajay-yes you can call me

But also remember, I am not a lawyer or a legal expert on immigration-so take my advise but ask others as well-as collectively, there is a lot of good advice available in this forum.
Satish

Thanks Satish. I just wanted to take your opiniion on this.

I have just send the additional documents, the one that is asked after initial interview waiver letter...such as FBI fingerprint card, PCC from India, RPRF, Updated Employer verification letter and updated bank statement....

Steps left are request for passport stamping and landing.

Looking at the trend, I think, passport request should come during Jan/Feb.

I am also trying to get information from a legal expert. Appreciate the help and suggestions.

request for passport

I think it might take a bit longer than that, since mine and a few others like me are still waiting for passport requests after more than 3 months.
Satish

driving from USA to CANADA

Hi Satish,
I am planning to drive to Toronto from NY...and come back.....will this be problematic....please let me konw...i have my landing papers now.

Appreciate your suggestion.
Ajay

Hi Satish,
I and my family just got our I-485 approved and we are now US Permanent Residents. I had my Canadian immigration process going on in parallel which also got approved and now I have to land inside Canada by end of June, 2004. I plan to enter Canada at Niagara Falls border sometime in May. I want to come back to the US on the same day after seeing the Niagara Falls from the Canadian side. I do not intend to stay any longer in Canada but simply want to complete my Canadian immigration process.
Question:1
As I will be driving my car into Canada, I am not sure what to tell to the immigration officer so that the car is not considered as one of the items being imported. Can I tell them that I plan to go back immediately in the same car? Basically I don’t want to get into any problems due to driving my own vehicle into Canada.
Would really appreciate your advice.
Question:2
Do I really need to carry Banker’s Check or Money Order with me for the settlement amount? Or the US Bank Statement should be good enough. Please advice.
Thanks everyone for help.
-TRISAM