If you need help with landing in Toronto

satishjha73

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
If anyone require help upon their landing in Toronto, please let me know. I may be able to help with small things here or there. My wife and I are not landed immigrants but have been in Canada for over 3 years now-so we know my way around.

This is only for those who are entering Canada for the first time and don't have any close friends or relatives. Also, please understand that this is not a commercial offer in any way.

Satish

Hi satish,
I am sending my passports for stamping this week. and am planning to goto toronto for first time landing, during thanxgiving time. How would the weather be that time? Also, I am going first time in that area, so any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kalpesh

Congrats!

Hi,
The weather will be cold-it is already quite cold with the temp around 6 degrees with Windchill making it a lot worse.
Tell me what kind of help you need-will you be landing alone or with family? etc. etc.
My nos is 416 896 1080, let me know what help you need.
A few questions:
Where do you intend to stay? for how long? are you just coming here to land or mocing for good? Do you have friends/family that iwll help you through the process?
Satish

Hi Satish,
My brother is living in new jersey. So, I am planning to fly from san jose to NJ and then drive from there onwards. Planning to take a week off to visit niagra and NJ vicinity.
I am not sure how many days do I need to be in canada? just coming for landing. I will be coming back ASAP.

Kalpesh

Help needed

Hi satishjha73

I landed in Canada on 27th Jul-03 .I applied for my SIN & PR card.I had given canadian address for both.My SIN cards have arrived but PR cards are yet to come.I have mailed,faxed to PR card processing center.I hope to get some status in 2 weeks.

I was wanting to know if you could help me in finding the status by calling thier 1-800 phone number.Iam in the US & thats the reason I can't do it from here.

Pls let me know

Thanks
Sandeep

the details

Hi,
Send me your details, hte nos to call and the info you need alongwith your contact email and I will get back to you with their answer.
I hope they will not ask for any of your personal info to divulge information. I think they might. If you wish, you can email me at satishjha73@yahoo.com
satish

Hello Satish

I have finished my medicals and waiting for my descion.
we are wife and husband. right now in Arizona. we are in search of looking accomation may be around march. can you help us in
in that issue
Thanks
usha

For Usha-where?

Hi Usha,
Please tell us which areas are you looking at, condo/townhouse/house, range etc. Please remember that you will have to sign a one-year lease. Once you provide me with that info, I might be able to help in more concrete terms.
Satish

Hello satish

thank you for your reply, what is the good time to talk to you
as i have few concerns. need to search job and then look for good locality. but dont know whic place because i dont know which area is good. Basically we are from IT so we need live near to that area where we can get jobs .

Give me the no so that i can call
Thanks
usha

Hi Satish
is there anyy way to reach you noow as my husband is trying the no you gave me in the afternoon
Thanks
usha

Hi guys,
I'd like to join with Satish (I hope satish wouldn't mind :) ) in helping people coming to toronto.I have lived in Brampton (Toronto suburb) for two years and I work in Markham.So if you need my help please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.
Fizal

Fizalk-welcome aboard

The more the merrier.
For Usha and Sandeep: please give me a call anytime today. Sorry I had to leave earlier.
Usha: I called back but I think you were using a pre-paid number to call here.
Satish

Need your help satishjha73

Hi satishjha73,
First of all I like to thank you ....the way you are helping others providing important info is great.
I also need a help from you
I landed in Canada in Sept 2001 Alongwith my wife and son and within 2 weeks time moved to USA
In mid August 2003 we visited Toronto from USA and applied for our PR card. As currently PR processing is taking roughly about 12 weeks time we're thinking we could pick up before PR card before end Nov 2003
My problem in CIC's PR card pick up letter they are asking everyone to bring Secondary Photo ID (Issued by a canadian province like Health Card,Driving Licence etc).As I am in USA I don't have any kind of those doc .Previously Ginnu posted a message that recently one of his friend collected PR card travelling from USA and in CIC,Toronto office(55 St. Clair Avenue EAST,5th floor) they never asked for any secondary photo ID
Could you please check up with CIC,Toronto office (416 973 4444) to confirm that.I want to understand that CIC,Toronto office not asking for any secondary photo ID card anymore during PR card pick up?
If CIC.Toronto office tell they need another secondary photo ID please ask them if I can show my USA DL and my wife can show her valid IDP(Intl Drv Permit) as secondary photo ID
I tried that number several times from USA but couldn't get connection

Will appreciate your help
Ani

Last edited by a moderator:
For Sandip

I called them and asked them-
they have mailed out your PR card to the address you have given them on the 1st of Oct.
They have asked you to call them if you don't get it in your mailbox by the 22nd of Oct.
I am certain it will be there by now.
Congrats and good luck.
Satish

1 800 255 4541

Hi Ani,
I called the number that you had sent me and they gave me another no. to call for info on PR cards:
1-800-255 4541
I tried calling them several times but I am not getting through. I will try again later and get back to you if I have something.
Satish

Thank you satish

Hi Satish,
I really appreciate for your time
Let me know if you get any answer from CIC Toronto office
Thank you once again

For Ani

I tried calling several times for the last 2 days without luck.
Sorry. I might try tomorrow again. I will let you know if I get through.
Satish