If you interviewed already & your PD becomes current in June? Let's sych up

I have been a long time reader of this forum and I have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel today.... Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and situations - See below for my timeline. It took 1 infopass for me and the officer was kind enough to take a photocopy of my priority date and follow up with the officer who interviewed me - my approval letter was dated the very next day. For local office transfers, I dont believe they do any updates on the online status - your mode of communication is pretty much snail mail..

EB3 India, PD 08/2002
I140 AD - 05/03
Transfer to local office - 07/05
485 AD: 06/05/07

Hi,

You got 485 approval after you went to Local office ? which local office you went. My attorney send an enquiry letter with copy of the priority date, will it have any effect or should I go to local office. Since they have already send letter can I visit local office withing 30 days ? please let me know

I have been a long time reader of this forum and I have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel today.... Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and situations - See below for my timeline. It took 1 infopass for me and the officer was kind enough to take a photocopy of my priority date and follow up with the officer who interviewed me - my approval letter was dated the very next day. For local office transfers, I dont believe they do any updates on the online status - your mode of communication is pretty much snail mail..

EB3 India, PD 08/2002
I140 AD - 05/03

Congrats dude!

EB3 India, PD 08/2002
I140 AD - 05/03

Congrats dude! Did you visit the DC office?

EB3 India, PD 08/2002
I140 AD - 05/03

More importantly, lets update on this thread when the LUD (for FP) shows up on the USCIS website. I am very curious. Coz the approvals shall come only once the officers know that we've done the FP

Last edited by a moderator:
dcmetro22042,

If your case is in the local office then there will be no LUD and message changes on website. When we took our last FP on 02/21/2006 there was no LUD and no message change.

More importantly, lets update on this thread when the LUD (for FP) shows up on the USCIS website. I am very curious. Coz the approvals shall come only once the officers know that we've done the FP

Thanks for the info RLNY122004. I guess I shall wait for the new bulletin and then decide if I take another infopass this month, unless the approval comes first.

Approved

Today (06/15/2007) we went to local office (NYC federal plaza) and got our approvals. Officer told us that we will receive our green cards in 6-8 weeks. As per there policy they no longer stamp the passport unless it's emergency.

Hi RLNY122004,

I've few questions, pl. give the details.

If we take info pass appt, I think we can only talk to the person at the counter, not the officer who was assigned the case, is that right

What are the document that we need to take for infopass appt

After your appt, how was the approval send, did they give you the approval notice at the time of interview or did they mail it

Thanks

Today we went to local office (NYC federal plaza) and got our approvals. Officer told us that we will receive our green cards in 6-8 weeks. As per there policy they no longer stamp the passport unless it's emergency.

Actually I was lucky and got to talk to IO. Here are the details :

On 06/07/2007 when I went for first infopass appointment I spoke/met immigration officer who was working on my case. The informational officer was also a nice lady and she contacted the officer who was working on my case and sent us to see her. IO said she had already sent the FP notice to my home address one day before. When we met her she took me mobil # and called me same day to let me know that the pictures are too large and I will have to submit the new pictures. for that she said come back next week with pictures and she will have the FP result at time. We went there today(06/15/2007) and she said everything is good and she is approving the case. She requested the visa numbers and told us we are thru and will receive the card in 6 to 8 weeks.

Hi RLNY122004,

I've few questions, pl. give the details.

If we take info pass appt, I think we can only talk to the person at the counter, not the officer who was assigned the case, is that right

What are the document that we need to take for infopass appt

After your appt, how was the approval send, did they give you the approval notice at the time of interview or did they mail it

Thanks

It is really surprising that we have not seen any approval from the DC Local Office this month with so many PDs being current. Hoping for the best for all of us.

Went to the local office today. IO told me that don't expect any approval until July since officers are moving to another floor this month and their computers are down! I was amazed at this story..but felt no need to question it. I have taken another Infopass for July.

Guys: I am happy (and very relieved) to post that I received my approval from DC local office in the mail yesterday. I was not even sure how to react after waiting for so long. Instead of being excited or happy, I was jut relieved. Feels like something heavy has lifted from my mind now.