If you interviewed already & your PD becomes current in June? Let's sych up

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
Folks:

Were you interviewed already but your case could not be approved since your PD was not current? Does your PD shall becomes current in June? If yes, let's sych up.

What are you planning to do? Wait to hear back from local office or are you planning to visit the local office soon?

I am surprised at the lack of response to this. No one planning to take an InfoPass and visiting the local office? Will be visting them on Monday (june 4th) and hoping that they stamp our passports. We need to get more agressive guys!

Visited Fairfax office

I visited Fairfax office, and the officer asked us to fill up a form which he is going to send it to the immigration officer. This form is for them to know that our interview is done and our case should be considered before any new interviews
He asked us to make another InfoPass appointment if we don get a reply within 30 days.

So let's see, I am keeping my fingures crossed

I have no better news to report than you. They told me that my fingerprinting has expired and I need to get it done this week. Then come in July and check again! What's your PD Wewillgetit2007?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it worth going to local office?. Will it make any difference or they will take there own time. My fingerprints were also taken more than 15th months back. I am planning to go there by the end of the week.

I have no better news to report than you. They told me that my fingerprinting has expired and I need to get it done this week. Then come in July and check again! What's your PD Wewillgetit2007?

RLNY122004: Yes. I would advise to go and get the date for fingerprints. They shall issue you a date for fingerprints. I was told that they shall not approve the case before fresh FP are taken.

Finger Print

Folks,

So the guys who have visited Local INS.. are told to get new finger prints done...then they will look at our files to approve..!!
I hope atleast now they speed up the process (whose interview is already done).. after they recieve our finger prints..

Wish you all the best guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dcmetro22042, I have infopass appointment for Jun 7th. Will update the forum once it's done.

RLNY122004: Yes. I would advise to go and get the date for fingerprints. They shall issue you a date for fingerprints. I was told that they shall not approve the case before fresh FP are taken.

I hope so Vikram.

One suggestion for all based on my visit. If you're FP has been over 15 months...do visit local center and take an appt. for FP. I am not sure if the guy was full of crap or what..but he told me that they shall not approve before new FPs. Therefore I am doing my FP this later this week.

Did everyone who went to local office asked to take FP or only for those the FP was expired. Going to Local office will not make any difference, they will treat this as enquiry and forward to the officer. By the time he pick the case and the dates are still current , there is a chance, if the dates go back we are in trouble. Who will be those lucky guys ?

What is the validity of FP ? , 12 ms ? 15 ms ?

My biggest concern is what is the PDs processing dates go back in July bulletin! Lot of us would be scr%$^*

I am not sure what your point is but FP is valid for 15 months. Its nice to be proactive and know the status of your case. I am glad I did and expect everyone to do so.

Dcmetro ,

What I meant was, sending an enquiry by email is as good as going there. I don't think they will approve case then and there. They will inform the immigraton officer and he will review the case again. This is what will happen if you send an enquiry also. Going there will not speed up the process.

For FP they have it in the system and when it expires they will send notice, thats what I think, may be I am wrong !

I am not sure what your point is but FP is valid for 15 months. Its nice to be proactive and know the status of your case. I am glad I did and expect everyone to do so.

I'll say one thing. I know for sure if they were to send an an FP notice, it would've been in weeks. Atleast by going there, I have decreased that time. Now I shall bang the door in July and try an see an officer..since they've already interviewed me before.
Just going to hope that July bulletin does not make the EB3 dates go back

Your plan is good, you are right they are not that punctual in sending FP notice, but for guys FP is not expired (less than 15 months), need new finger print ?

Did you recv. any letter from them after your interview , asking to contact them when the PD is current ?

I'll say one thing. I know for sure if they were to send an an FP notice, it would've been in weeks. Atleast by going there, I have decreased that time. Now I shall bang the door in July and try an see an officer..since they've already interviewed me before.
Just going to hope that July bulletin does not make the EB3 dates go back

I think it is. This is for 485. IF your 485 FP has been over 15 months, try and get a new date by taking the infopass.

Hi,

Anyone know how the processing in local office takes place, is it based on priority date , like process cases in the order or PD or each officer process cases in his queue, or based on the enquiry recvd at their end, any idea ?

I think it is. This is for 485. IF your 485 FP has been over 15 months, try and get a new date by taking the infopass.