If you get FP code 3 notice, don't wait, run to your ASC!!

Although I couldn't do my biometrics eariler (will do on scheduled date, Oct 5), I have had several LUDs recently, 29, 30 and oct 1. I did an email enquiry on Sep 29. One or two LUDs might be related to that LUD. I saw a lot of people got a Oct 1st LUD, this might be a mass update.

lingeron

That's a long story! Congratulation you are finally there.
Approval notice should arrive in 5-7 days. Like your case, they will mail it out on Today and you should receive it before next Monday.

GC should follow since you did your FP but I would use infopass and stamp passport ASAP. USCIS always mess stuff together. Somebody reported they need stamp twice(over 1 years for real GC).

BTW: I still not receive my notice yet.

ASC Code??

Does any one know what ASC code is? Just now I got a letter from USCIS saying "While processing your case we reached to a point where we ask you to make appointment with one of our Application Support Center (I guess this is ASC) to have some additional biometrics (FP, Photo and Signature). This letter also said that this notice is valid for 84 days only.
When I called them they said we can't give you any appointment until you tell us ASC code in your letter. I didn't find any ASC code any where and also it says "one of our ACS.."
Does any one come across this situation? Any suggestions?

re

lingeron,

on the right hand side does it say approval notice. If it does you need to tell that them that they will give you an appoinmnet

Hope this helps

TG

tony gonsalves said:
lingeron,

on the right hand side does it say approval notice. If it does you need to tell that them that they will give you an appoinmnet

Hope this helps

TG

It does says Approval Notice and I spent good amount of time explaining that but She (from USCIS) is reluctant to understand my point. As per her USCIS is suppose to issue another letter with ASC code. Any way I am planning to just walk in all Bay area ASCs in couple of days and see what they say.

By the way I got a call from Congressman's office and they also said "go get your Bio and you are all set". If nothing is working out them perhaps I will ask Congressman to arrange me an appointment.

Now I know why Congressman or senators are so busy and take 6 weeks to turn around any issue. I guess US need to have some more congressman or senator just to handle immigration issue only.. ;)

re

I am in the same boat too and got an appointment just call couple of times you might get a different person and get an appointment insist on a supervisor

you are a permenant resident now so no worries enjoy

BTW i got a denial for my Advance Parole reason you are now a per residence so if you want to travel go and get your passport stamped at the nearest ASC take PP and AProval notice :)

timetraveller said:
I am in the same boat too and got an appointment just call couple of times you might get a different person and get an appointment insist on a supervisor

you are a permenant resident now so no worries enjoy

BTW i got a denial for my Advance Parole reason you are now a per residence so if you want to travel go and get your passport stamped at the nearest ASC take PP and AProval notice :)

Timetraveller,
Will they give you appointment on phone? I assume guard at gate will ask your appointment letter.
Will they give appointment for next couple of days of 2-3 months from now?

re

I am not sure about the guard letting me in or not since my appointment is in he fourth week of october in Los Angeles , i have a feeling they will let us in its been some time now this new rule has kicked in.if not i will rechedule and i will try walking in too.

i got an appointment 5 weeks from the date i called

all the best Lingeron

Reply from Div XII, California Service Center

This is what the reply I received for my email enquiery. hmmmm

-------------------------- Response from DIV XII starts-------------

This is to inform you that the I-485 in question is still pending. The reason
that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting NAME CHECK results from
the FBI. It may have been a long time since we sent the name, but USCIS has no control of the time it takes.USCIS also does not have dates as to when the Names were originally sent to the FBI, we can only confirm that they in fact were sent.
Secondly, there are currently no visas available.
Please Note: If the principal is not adjudicated then the derivatives will
NOT be adjudicated. We apologize for any and all inconvenience this may
cause.

Thank You
James A Williams
Center Adjudications Officer
Div XII, California Service Center

-------------------------- Response from DIV XII Ends-------------

So.. getting my Code-3 biometrics done before 30th September didn't help.

Now, back to endless wait!

Good Luck to you all

-Greeny

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Greeny
I got the same reply. Are we really stuck on Name Check
or is that a std reply? Whats your RD/PD etc?

RD OCT 2004
PD APR 2003
EB3/CSC
thx
babu

Hi folks,
My case is also stuck with Name check process. I-485 case is pending in San Jose local office.
I-140 approved in 2001
I-485 receipt date in dec 2004
1st FP done in Jan 2005
EAD obtained personally at local office in Mar 2005
Interview in Apr 2005
RFE on 485 in Apr 2005
Replied to RFE in Jul 2005
Inquiry from local office reveals case is pending name check at FBI
Do not know how to proceed.
Meanwhile, can you please let me know
what is Code 3 FP?
Who is Mr Williams?
How do you expedite name check process?

Thanks
NIW485waiter said:
your case might be approved in these days.

I planed infopass interview also since I got approval notice then i cancelled it.
I prepared to ask what's my really status is(not online version), They might just tell you your case already approved in their system. is there any way they could approve it onsite if everything are done? Let them know the retrogression and your suffer(they might not be aware of that since it's not their job(Depart. of State)

My name check result from Mr. Willams were pending even I received approval notice serveral hrs later.

Bring everything you think it might prove yourself, such as I140 AP notice, I 485 receipt etc. Passport/Id/appointment notice are the must.

Good luck!

FBI email ID

Hi all,

Could somebody provide me with the FBI email ID as i would like to track my name check status. thanks

will_get_there1 said:
'fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov'

Should I send in my FBI name check request in a certain format / with certain details ? What kind of information do I need to provide in my email when I request for my name check status ?
Lastly - I have had two finger printings so far - the latest one, recently in August 05. Is there a notice/ etc that I should be expecting from USCIS saying that my name check is under way or is it presumed that FBI name check and fingerprinting go hand in hand...

Hopefully a few responses will clear the air for me..:)

Thanks!

Hello

it's still unclear why we need to do a backgroundcheck again that only causes delay in our application...

Does anyone know if our namecheck procedure ( Fingerprints/ biometrics) is different from the visa namecheck at the NVC?

Thanks a lot!