If you get FP code 3 notice, don't wait, run to your ASC!!

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

click "Create/Edit customer portfolio account" and follow the instruction

Security check after FP

I've got FP notice 4 and 1/2 month after RD of the concurrent
filing of 140+485. But my lawyer thinks USCIS has not started
running security checks because I have RFE. She thinks they will
initiate the background checks after FP and RFE reply are recieved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NIW485waiter,

Yesterday somebody posted a phone number. It is 6033340700. It is national visa center automatic voice line. Could you please call this number and to see if your visa number has been requested. It is automated, you just need your WAC number. Mine is not in their system.

I called this number to see if it works. I inputed my son's receive number it says no record. I inputed my receive number (my case was approved last year) it also says no record!

hope_Nov said:
Hi NIW485waiter,

Yesterday somebody posted a phone number. It is 6033340700. It is national visa center automatic voice line. Could you please call this number and to see if your visa number has been requested. It is automated, you just need your WAC number. Mine is not in their system.

hi ,
Like some of you, my husband and me went to the oakland ASC at 3.25pm and we were the last one taken inside and were able to complete the fingerprinting.i checked the LUD but it hasnt changed for me.i asked the lady there at the office doing the fingerprinting" what next?" and she said this application is for green card so you should receive it by mail in 3-6mnths ,and the smiled at me and said probably early..hope things work out for us....

Thank you guys. I will go to ASC tomorrow and will let you know status.

I think Mr. Williams did check my case because I have a LUD of Sep 29. My wife has too.

Have a good night.

Do I need INFOPASS appointment?

Today, I got 'ASC APPOINTMENT NOTICE' code -3 for both my wife and my cases..
Not sure when actually recevied it.. but only today i checked my picked up my mail. ( I am assuming it was mailed at least a coupel of days ago).

However, it came from WSC ..and CODE -3. It says.. 'To process your application, the US citizenship &immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your biometrics.'

As soon as i found it i checked this site and found this thread. As NIW485waiter
suggested, i drove up to ASC. I was late by few mins. They closed at 4pm.
I am going again in the morning tomorrow.

I hope I can make it tomorrow.

NIW485waiter - When does anybody need infopass appointment?
Do I need to take infopass appointment for Biometrics?

please advise!!!!!!!!

Thank you
-Greeny
CSC
EB2
140/485 RD : June 2004
1 FP done : Sept 24 2004
140 aaproved : March 30 2005
currently on second EAD

Greeny

No need infopass appointment, just walk in your local ASC for Bio. normally ASC is not same as local service center.

got CODE-3 Biometrics DONE

Today mroning at 8am i got my biometrics done.
They tooks finger prints, photograph and electronic signature.
She said... 'shortly, look to hear from LA office about your some kind of approval noticews or card' . Code-3 biometrics are usually, she says are for taken before issuing card.

Now, what should i do?

I see in this people sending email to 'williams' for status check? Can you pleas etell me the email id and what kinda information I can seek ?
Thank you
-Suresh

Greeny,

Here is the email address
You can send an inquiry mail to this id about your I-485

SSRK

Finger print tomorrow..Oct 1st

Will I have any chance or be lucky like you guys? Got a fingerprint notice and will go to center tomorrow the 1st of Oct. Did I just missed the bus, like I always missed this GC bus all lmy ife (feels like a life time)

Thanks in advance

What I have noticed is when you send an email to USCIS regarding 485 you will see two consecutive days LUD.
Similarly when you go for FP the same happens.....

Could not do early biometrics

My biometrics Code 3 is for Oct 6. Tried to do it yesterday (Phoenic ASC). I went through the guard, I also got the Token but there was a desi lady she got me, and did not let me do it. So I guess I missed the bus.

Dear friends,

I tried again to walk in ASC (Phoenix). The guard again didn't let me in although I begged him and made up several reasons. He insisted that I could do this within 85 days although I pointed out that if it delays, my application will be abandoned (it says in the notice). The guard was not very friendly. Well, guess I can only go on Oct 5.