If sponsor changes job?

appleppp

Registered Users (C)
If my sponsor (my spouse) changes job after I submit i130 and 485 packet and before my greencard interview or approval, is there any potential problem ?

He should bring recent paystubs and a job letter to the interview. It won't be a problem, unless the new job drops his income below the required income level for the I-864.

I am planning to submit I130 and 485 /864 packet to apply for FB gc through my spouse ( USC) in late january or early February . Right now, my spouse only have tax return 1040 for year 2009,2008, 2007, and most recent paystubs in 2010. He has not filed 2010 tax return since W2, 1099, etc are not available for 2010 yet.

Is it sufficient if my spouse (sponsor) only provide tax
return 2007-2009 when I submit gc application in late Jan ?

Will USCIS later RFE for tax return 2010?

Since we just married in late December. Is it ok if we file married but filing separately tax return 2010? Any potential problem in my gc application ?

I am planning to submit I130 and 485 /864 packet to apply for FB gc through my spouse ( USC) in late january or early February . Right now, my spouse only have tax return 1040 for year 2009,2008, 2007, and most recent paystubs in 2010. He has not filed 2010 tax return since W2, 1099, etc are not available for 2010 yet.

Is it sufficient if my spouse (sponsor) only provide tax
return 2007-2009 when I submit gc application in late Jan ?

If the interview is before April deadline, they will not expect a tax return for 2010.

Since we just married in late December. Is it ok if we file married but filing separately tax return 2010? Any potential problem in my gc application ?
In most cases married-filing-separately results in paying more taxes than married-filing-jointly. Have you done the calculations both for separately and jointly to see which is better?

It's not going to be a problem for your GC application if you file as married-separately. If the interviewer makes an issue of it, just say "it would have cost $X,XXX more (or whatever is the difference) if we filed jointly" and they will accept that.

I also have questions on I-864

The form instruction page 3 says:" If the intending immigrant is your spouse, his or her income can be included if it will continue from the SAME SOURCE after he or she obtain lawful permanent resident status."

1. What does the SAME SOURCE mean here? Does the income need to come from the same employer? What if job changes or quit job after getting the greencard?

2. If the sponsor has sufficient income (above 125% poverty line), it is still a good idea to include the intending immigrant (i.e., the spouse)'s income in the annual household income and tax return 1040? Will it make the case stronger and get approved easier? Or it is not necessary or not too much help?

1. Same source means the same job (if it's a job), or same investment/financial instrument if it's passive income. It's not a problem if you change or quit your job after getting the green card. They just don't want you to list income from a job that is set to end in the near future (e.g. because you have been given notice for a layoff, or it's a temp contract), or the source of passive income will no longer be available (e.g. suppose a house you rented out is in foreclosure, so the income from it will soon end).

2. Exceeding the 125% requirement won't make your case stronger. Once it's met, they don't care if you're a dollar over the threshold or a million dollars over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typo on I-693 medical report?

Thanks to Jackolantern for your above reply.

I have done medical exam for I-693. There is a typo on the date of my TD vaccination, which was written by the doctor based on the written record of my vaccine history that I provided before the medical exam. Do I need to go back and ask the doctor to correct it on the sealed I-693?

Also, in Part I, my information part, the doctor instructed me to sign when I finished my final follow-up examination, but the date right next to my signature box was pre-filled by the doctor with the date of my First examination. This date seems conflict with the instruction to Form I693, saying" Do not sign form or have the applicant sign in Part I until all health follow-up requirements have been met.) The date should be the same as the date of my follow-up examination when I signed. Am I right? Should I ask for correction of the date of my signature?

Does the date and minor typo matter?

(Side story: All the examination results are good. But the doctor only provide me a sealed envelop with the form but refused to provide me a copy of the complete and signed form for my own record because he thinks it is conflict with the law. Then I went back with the instruction to Form I-693, clearly showing that besides the sealed envelop and form, the doctor is required to provide a photocopy of the signed form to the applicant as a record. Finally, he agreed to give me the copy. Then I found out typos when I was back home...)

Thanks for help. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Jackolantern for your above reply.

I have done medical exam for I-693. There is a typo on the date of my TD vaccination, which was written by the doctor based on the written record of my vaccine history that I provided before the medical exam. Do I need to go back and ask the doctor to correct it on the sealed I-693?

Also, in Part I, my information part, the doctor instructed me to sign when I finished my final follow-up examination, but the date right next to my signature box was pre-filled by the doctor with the date of my First examination. This date seems conflict with the instruction to Form I693, saying" Do not sign form or have the applicant sign in Part I until all health follow-up requirements have been met.) The date should be the same as the date of my follow-up examination when I signed. Am I right? Should I ask for correction of the date of my signature?

Does the date and minor typo matter?

(Side story: All the examination results are good. But the doctor only provide me a sealed envelop with the form but refused to provide me a copy of the complete and signed form for my own record because he thinks it is conflict with the law. Then I went back with the instruction to Form I-693, clearly showing that besides the sealed envelop and form, the doctor is required to provide a photocopy of the signed form to the applicant as a record. Finally, he agreed to give me the copy. Then I found out typos when I was back home...)

Thanks for help. Any input is appreciated.

Does the form indicate that everything is OK? If yes, forget about it. If no, and the mistake is the cause then go back to the Doctor. If no, but the mistake is not the cause then you have bigger problems to worry about than a typo.

what bigger problems to worry?

(side story: I remembered one of my friend applied for labor certificate but there was typo in the dates filled in the application form, USCIS rejected the application.)

what bigger problems to worry?

(side story: I remembered one of my friend applied for labor certificate but there was typo in the dates filled in the application form, USCIS rejected the application.)

A devastating health problem is worse than an immigration problem anyday.

questions about G325A and G1145

1) For I-130 filing,

requires a form G325A for petitioner

At the bottom of the form asks Applicant's name, A#. Is the applicant here the petitioner (US citizen) of I-130?

and form G325A for beneficiary (husband or wife).

At the bottom of the form asks Applicant's name, A#. Is the applicant here the beneficiary (husband or wife) of I-130 ?

2) For G-1145 says "if submitting multiple immigration forms for one applicant, please clip the entire form to the front of the first immigration form the package." The form asks to fill out the name of Applicant/Petitioner. I am confused...

I am about to submit I-130,I-485, I-131, I-765 in one package. For the I-130, the petitioner/applicant is the US citizen. But for I-485, 131,765, the applicant is the sponsored immigrant.

Should I fill out two G1145 forms,one with name of the US citizen is attached to I-130, and the other with the sponsored immigrant is attached to I-485?? What is the correct way to filing G1145?