if past 60 days and gc card not received read on

spirit

Registered Users (C)
Saw this message on the Uscis website ...

"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

Thank you Spirit for the info. I called the tol lfree number and the INS Customer representative initiated an inquiry.

WAC 02-092-5xxxx
RD:01/22/2002
AD:05/05/2004
Waiting for plastic card

I called up too

Its been 90 days since I got my passport stamped. I called up the number and the INS representative initiated an enquiry.

Rajma,

Don't you think your stamping in different service center might delay plastic card process? I saw your other post mentioning the stamping in NC.

WAC 02-088

sk_fl,

What option did you use when you called that number?

I tried today. I just selected 9 which is speak to an officer. After 20min someone came on line, took all information and then told me I had to write to LA office to ask about it or make an apt through info pass and go there in person to make an enquiry.

Not much help at all!

-spirit

sk_fl

Another USCIS thing. I think you got a wrong CSR. Just try again and talk to a person and mention about the website message which says that you need call if 60 days have past. You might be in luck next time to get a CSR who knows abt it. Pathetic though to imagine that the memo is not circulated properly or the CSR is just ignorant.

spirit said:
sk_fl,

What option did you use when you called that number?

I tried today. I just selected 9 which is speak to an officer. After 20min someone came on line, took all information and then told me I had to write to LA office to ask about it or make an apt through info pass and go there in person to make an enquiry.

Not much help at all!

-spirit

I dialed the toll free number and spoke to an IIO and told her about the new message on the INS web site for initiating an inquiry and she asked me a couple of questions like my receipt number,A# number and the center where it was approved and where I got stamped and she said she sent an inquiry.She also asked me to complete a form g731 for change of address when the card is in process and also can be used to launch an inquiry. So I faxedas well she initiated an inquiry. Thank you Spirit.

Thanks for the info. What fax number do you fax to?
I tried calling again today. When I mentioned the online message, the IIO, a lady this time put me on hold and went to check something. After another 15min of waiting the call got disconnected. I will have to try again tomorrow.

spirit.

I am sorry I apologise for my mistake. I didn't fax but I sent the G731C form from the uscis webi site and sent it to the csc through the certified mail. That is what the IIO asked me to do. I am waiting to see what happens. Would you keep you posted.Thank you.

I did the same thing. I have mailed it to CSC.
Currently i'm at VSC area and have passport stamped here. I'm waiting since 3 months for my card. There is not change in LUD for us.
One of my friend who is CSC got card in one month.
What have we done now.
God help us.
:(

I am planning to do that too

I stamped my passport in charlotte, NC and have been waiting for three and a half months now for my plastic card. There is no change in LUD as well. Lets keep everyone posted if something changes.

Thanks
WAC-03=037-53XXX

Thank you Spirit for all your help and info. My Plastic card is now ready.My online status changed today to document ready and will be mailed.I suggest you to send that g731 form by mail to initiate inquiry.Thank you so much again for your help.

sk_fl

Your welcome.
Now must see if that will work for me. I too mailed the G731 by certified mail.

-spirit

spirit said:
sk_fl

Your welcome.
Now must see if that will work for me. I too mailed the G731 by certified mail.

-spirit

Has form G-731 been updated? The one available from USCIS.GOV is dated 1999 and still calls the service INS, instead of USCIS... does that matter?

Sk_fl

SK_FL,
sorry for asking this dumb question,
I see there are two questions, which page did you fill out?,
the first one or the second one
pl. let me know , I'm planning on sending this to CSC

Thanks

Just got my card yesterday

Hi
Here are my dates:

WAC 02-080-5xxxx
RD:01/08/2002
AD:04/forgot exact date/2004
PP stamped:05/16/2004
Called up INS for enquiry:Sometime Aug 18/19th
Got Plastic Card: 08/30/2004

wik,

I used whatever was online .. 1999 version.

dyt1

I just used page 2 of that document. I did include a letter with all the details.

PP Stamped 6/28/04
Still waiting .... no LUD since approval.