If naturalization is denied, will GC be taken away?

Marusia_GC

Registered Users (C)
Another stupid question which bothers me: if naturalization is denied for some reason (NOT related to any criminal records, of course), will I be able to keep my green card? Will I be able to renew it in future? Or will the N-400 denial mean that I must be deported?

Another stupid question which bothers me: if naturalization is denied for some reason (NOT related to any criminal records, of course), will I be able to keep my green card? Will I be able to renew it in future? Or will the N-400 denial mean that I must be deported?

Denial doesn't affect your green card in any way....

Ok, it looks like we should be on a safe side anyway. It would have been so unfair to come to the US legally to work; work, work, and work so hard nonstop for many many years, almost without any weekends and breaks, at the expense of sleep, personal life, and other basics; raise a child as a single parent; go through lots of hardships, privation, stress, and very serious health problems for the sake of work done, keeping job, and building son's future; sacrifice personal happiness for the sake of keeping job and continuously staying here in this country; go through the "nightmare" of getting "green card" ... and eventually get a denial and go back to where we came from! (I got my GC after 7.5 years working in the US, 4.5 years of which was awaiting for the GC - by the way, I am not an illegal immigrant; I am not a seasonal field worker; I came here not as a fiancee of a US citizen - I came here as a scientist and university professor with the PhD from one of the top Universities in the world, I have over 200 publications, and work hard on many industry projects that directly contribute to the US economy). No way I would have been able to do so much if I stayed in my country. I cannot continue my research effectively and efficiently if I go back to my home country! I am already too exhausted to start all over again in any other country. I hope Lord can see all my endeavor. Will the IO see?????

Ok, it looks like we should be on a safe side anyway. It would have been so unfair to come to the US legally to work; work, work, and work so hard nonstop for many many years, almost without any weekends and breaks, at the expense of sleep, personal life, and other basics; raise a child as a single parent; go through lots of hardships, privation, stress, and very serious health problems for the sake of work done, keeping job, and building son's future; sacrifice personal happiness for the sake of keeping job and continuously staying here in this country; go through the "nightmare" of getting "green card" ... and eventually get a denial and go back to where we came from! (I got my GC after 7.5 years working in the US, 4.5 years of which was awaiting for the GC - by the way, I am not an illegal immigrant; I am not a seasonal field worker; I came here not as a fiancee of a US citizen - I came here as a scientist and university professor with the PhD from one of the top Universities in the world, I have over 200 publications, and work hard on many industry projects that directly contribute to the US economy). No way I would have been able to do so much if I stayed in my country. I cannot continue my research effectively and efficiently if I go back to my home country! I am already too exhausted to start all over again in any other country. I hope Lord can see all my endeavor. Will the IO see?????

What the heck are YOU worried about? Yours sounds like an easy natz case! English and civics are obviously going to be easy for you, you claim zero criminal issues, you immigrated legally, RELAX! You can start think about your and your kid's future. Is your kid also a greencard holder or born here?

Most naturalization denials don't result in deportation. And denial usually isn't forever; some who are denied are eligible to reapply immediately, while others must wait a few years, depending on the reason for denial.

For deportation to happen you would have had to commit a crime that is a deportable offense, or they find a discrepancy in your immigration history that made you ineligible for the green card.

For example, suppose your son got married during his green card process. Only unmarried children are eligible for derivative green cards, so that would have made him ineligible for the green card as your derivative beneficiary, and they could initiate his deportation upon discovering the marriage.

What the heck are YOU worried about? Yours sounds like an easy natz case! English and civics are obviously going to be easy for you, you claim zero criminal issues, you immigrated legally, RELAX! You can start think about your and your kid's future. Is your kid also a greencard holder or born here?

No, my son came with me to the US as my dependent. He got all his visas as my dependent, as well as his green card together with me. Currently, he is an undergraduate at the University, my dependent, not married, and we apply for naturalization together, since got green cards at the same time. Of course, since he has turned 18, he has his own application. It looks like we should not have any serious reasons for rejection, and I wanted to know the answer to my question IN PRINCIPLE.