If I did not file AR-11 (address change), will it affect citizenship apply?

ylc726

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if I forgot to submit the form AR-11 (Address change), will it affect my citizenship applying? Since on the N-400 you need to fill out the address you lived for the past 5 years and if I did not file AR-11, will they find out and question? Will they reject my application?

Thanks.

u need to file for ar11 asap with ur current address and ur most previous address.
it depends on how lucky you are in the interview.
there are some ppl who manage to get through without a problem.i know 2 of them & then there are people who get stuck...it all depends as to how lucky u are!

ylc726 said:
Does anyone know if I forgot to submit the form AR-11 (Address change), will it affect my citizenship applying? Since on the N-400 you need to fill out the address you lived for the past 5 years and if I did not file AR-11, will they find out and question? Will they reject my application?

Thanks.

Since i moved to the current address almost one year, will it be too late to file? Or should I still file it?

for ar11 no date is too late...it took me 10 yrs( since i first moved from the adress on my green card to a different apartment) to file for ar11...you have to file for ar11 asap

even if u file for ar11 tomorrow and keep a copy of the application duely signed ,it is more than sufficient.so plz file for a ar11 omorrow and keep a photo copy.
usually,they dont create a big deal for ar11.

ylc726 said:
Since i moved to the current address almost one year, will it be too late to file? Or should I still file it?

You should call the 800 number and ask if they received your change of address you mailed almost one year ago, and if they didn't, you should make sure they do the correction on the spot. ;)

Don't freak out over little things, sometimes mail gets lost, it happens ;)
;)

Just go ahead and send it. They are so backlogged with AR-11s that I bet it won't be in the system till you move again. Another one of those ideas that sounded good at the time....

NCSC 1800 has nothing to do with form AR11. form AR does not change your address on applications/petitions pending with USCIS. AR11 is sent to diffrent address and it does not change your address on USCIS pending petitions. if you need to change address on pending petitions you need to send letter to USCIS and can ask update with NCSC 1800. 1800 has no record of AR11