If application is denied ...

AndyStar

Registered Users (C)
I have a "theoretical" question.
If a citizenship application is denied due to "technical" issues such as submission before 4 years and 9 months, not living 3 months in the same state or district, not passing civic or English test, failure to provide required documents on time, not showing for interview etc, what is going to happen after that? As I understand, denial will not affect permanent residency status and the applicant will be allowed to submit a new application (and pay the fee again). Is that correct? I am talking about " pure technical" problems only and not about more serious violations.
Thank you.

I have a "theoretical" question.
If a citizenship application is denied due to "technical" issues such as submission before 4 years and 9 months, not living 3 months in the same state or district, not passing civic or English test, failure to provide required documents on time, not showing for interview etc, what is going to happen after that? As I understand, denial will not affect permanent residency status and the applicant will be allowed to submit a new application (and pay the fee again). Is that correct? I am talking about " pure technical" problems only and not about more serious violations.
Thank you.

You are correct on all counts. If you submit your application before the 4 years 9 months timeframe, it will most likely be returned to you by the service center before it's even entered into the system.

More clarifiaction

AndyStar,

Yes Vorpal is correct but to add little more to the question you had asked. If you were called for the interview and let's say you failed to pass the civis/history test. This is not the reason for your denial. They will give you another chance to study the 96 questions and reappear for the test. A seperate notice will be sent out to you in a month or two depending how busy the local DO is. If you fail to provide enough documents on the day of the interview, the officer can ask you to provide you the missing documents either by mail or fax and once the office receives your paperwork, they will make a decision on your case and in few days/weeks you will be approved and will be scheduled for an oath ceremony soon.

What does decision cannot be made mean

I passed all the TESTS in ATLANTA AUG 26th 08 for US Citizenship but the IO told me , there are some ?????missing files and I would get a OATH Letter in mail When ??????
It is hard to believe , but some friend told me that if you are a :MUSLIM , you will never get an oath the same day.

NEED IN Put /share experince :confused

Thanks PAK1

I passed all the TESTS in ATLANTA AUG 26th 08 for US Citizenship but the IO told me , there are some ?????missing files and I would get a OATH Letter in mail When ??????
It is hard to believe , but some friend told me that if you are a :MUSLIM , you will never get an oath the same day.

Thanks PAK1

That is not true. i know at least one muslim who has same day oath in the past. it all depends on your background.

Thanks PAK1

Missing files means that you have another A-file that wasn't received by the DO in time for your interview. Once they get this file, an oath will be scheduled for you. However, there's no telling exactly how long it'll take them to get it.

What ??

Thanks PAK1

Stop hanging out with friends who are giving you wrong information with so much assurity. I hate to say this but people like these have negative approach and that is why they mislead their friends. Anyways......

I have known many Muslims who got the same day oath at Atlanta DO after their successful interview.

There are pretty much 4 main reasons for the applicant not being able to take the oath that very same day at Atlanta DO.

1) The interview takes place around 1pm and the IO doesn't have enough time to get his oath approved for that very same day.
2) The background check is not fully completed so the decision cannot be made by the officer right after the interview.
3) There are dual files and one of the files needs to be transferred in order to get the files merged.
4) There is no oath ceremony scheduled for that specific day.