iEAD - Newark - need before 90 days

rk3316

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Is it possile to obtain iEAD before 90 days expiration? Why I am asking is my driver's license will expire the same day my current EAD expires (NJ law). Will the Newark center accept if I request them before 90 days? Anyone has any experiences before? Please let me know asap.

Also, the 90 days are calculated from RD or ND on EAD receipt notice? Below r the key dates on my documents. Can someone please reply?

EAD expiration date = 03/24/04
drivers license exp dt = 03/24/04
EAD RD = 12/27/04
EAD ND = 01/02/04.

Thanx in advance!
R

If there is some VALID reason, the local office could choose to give you an iEAD before 90-days, there is no consistent INS policy reagrding this and not many people have been successful in getting an iEAD before 90 days

In your case it is highly unlikely, INS doesn't care about your licence expiry.

I can think of two options:
1. You can take your passport with you and give it a try, INS needs some form of ID.
2. You can go to your local DMV office and get a temporary ID, it will cost you around $10 .

90 days from the RD

thanx for replying. In NJ, the driver's license is linked to the EAD

validity period. In my case, as there is a difference of just 2 days

between my 90 day exp date and license exp date, I am thinking

that INS may consider issuing iEAD just before 90 days exp date.

I am going to try first. If they dont approve, I have no other go.

R

Only person before the security looked at the drivers license
as a photo id. No one elese inside asked for driver's
license at newark.
Don't even show them. They will only ask for passport.

I went last week. No one was asked about driver's license
dates etc.

Do not worry. But you will not be able to get it before
90 days. I saw few guys returned back that day in newark.

Thanks
random140.

actually, I am not worrying about showing my drivers license or not.

I need iEAD before 90 days expiration date to avoid losing pay for 2 days and also to avoid losing drivers license (it will be suspended as of 03/24/04 midnight and I have to pay $100 to reinstate it and u know what all will happen to insurance, registration etc..). My 90 days on EAD will expire on 03/26/04.

R

You could have avoided the problems if you could have filed your EAD renewal 5-6 months advance. What prevented you from filing EAD in 5-6 months advance?

I didn't apply 5 to 6 months befrore expiry, because I wasn't notified. I applied the same way as I did last year and now we have this issue of 90 days. Were you notified?

ginnu,

i asked a question if anyone has experiences going before 90 days expiration with reasons that I have stated. I dont need to see questions like why I did not apply 5 or 6 months before etc. Infact, I did send my application 105 days before the expiry date; unfortunately INS has received it just 88 days before the expiry date.

R

AJ021402
I didn't apply 5 to 6 months before expiry, because I wasn't notified
----- Who is going to notify you? You are supposed to file your EAD, AP 5-6 month’s advance, you have to keep the track of USCIS service center processing times and apply in advance

ginnu,

Do you keep track of your drivers license processing time? Or your car registration processing time? These are also government services, man.

Remember, not all EAD holder are IT people. Some does not have the luxury to look in the internet every month and check the processing time.

Last edited by a moderator: