I90 Pending..Help Pls

vijayrc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My friend's I90 is pending w/ INS for close to an year, for name change in his physical GC. I551 expiring soon...!
How many months before the actual expiry of I551, can one go for another I551 Stamping, w/ I90 Pending..
Thanks in advance..

I beleive you would 've recd your card by now. I m in a similar situation can you let me know How did it work . Did they take your Plastic card ? Did they give you a stamping on passport ?

I have to travel pretty soon, please update i you had travelled during this time.

Thanks
Srini90

I-90 timeline?

Hi,

I got my passport stamped at POE atlanta in Dec 2003. I havent got my plastic card yet. I have moved to a different place now. I have been following up with TSC for quite some time and they have eventually asked me to file I-90.

I filed I-90 last week and I am trying to find how long this ordeal is going to be. Not to mention I have to pay $400.00 dollars for this. I am wondering if anyone has any idea of the timeline for receiving the pastic card after filing an I-90.

Please respond if you know some info regarding this.

Thanks.

Guys ,

I filed my I-90 on 08/03 at Newark , I wanted to share the experience with ya all.

It was a long wait, got in line by 5:45 AM got a coupon with a number around 10:00 AM after going through lotz of security checks.

Called in by 12:45 to file I-90 , the officer verified my Birth certificate and asked me to pay the fee's ($185.00)

After collecting the receipt of payment i was given a stamping for year on my pp , they took my incorrect plastic card. Hope this helps.

I guess the total effort is $185.00 and half day of your time.

I noticed a bulletin "effective Aug 04 I-90's can only be accepted by Appt" . Anyone planning to visit Newark, go with an appointment.

GoodLuck
Srini90

Any idea of how long this wait after filing for I-90 is going to take? I just received the receipt and it says, "it usually takes 430 to 460 days from the date of this receipt".

Wow!! I would changing 2 more addresses in this time period. Anyone has any experience on the actual time for I-90 application?

-singarb

after u file I-90 and they take the finger print and give u the temporary card ... is there gona be another set of finger prints done by FBI

the local INS only asked me for $185 so if i have to do that i need to drop another $70 ..... can anyone confirm this

thanx andrews

i got a diff question , since there was a mistake on the card .. if anyone got any ideas who actualy gona do the correction in the computer
ie. to change the name
change the date .... etc

i guess my question is , is the change done by the SERVICE CENTER and the change would show off after the processing there is done
or the people that actually process the card .. that place in london ky
this is my reasonin .. if its done by service center tha actual correction will take 5-6 months ( i was told 2 months ) but if the change is done only when they actualy process the card in KY that might take an extra 7-8 months or atleast this is how long it took after they send my papers from the service center to card processing

p.s. i know its hard to figure out how ins works but who knows :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The mistake is the date in the card ,
when I filed the application the IO was talking to another officer about sending the application to the Officer in the back that did the mistake then file it with a supervisior to change a memo ( whatever that is )

Let me ask this again , who is actually gona do the change in the computer that shows the change nationwide . you know if u walk in any INS and they have the correct date .

Thanx JoeF :D

filed I-90 at local INS on Sep 2nd , they cashed the money order on Sep 7th
i am not sure if they'll call me for fingerprinting since i only payed the processing fee $185 , the INS lady only took to index finger prints , one on my temporary card and i geuess the other for processin ... god knows

i'll let u know whats next .... no papers from them yet ....

Temporary card?

Clisp, you had noted:

'I am not sure if they'll call me for fingerprinting since i only payed the processing fee $185 , the INS lady only took to index finger prints , one on my temporary card and i geuess the other for processin ... god knows '

What do you mean by 'temporary card'? I filed for i90 online and had to send the existing card by mail. Now without a card - do have the stamping on the passport. And we are going home, so just want to know whether it will be ok just with the stamping or need some other 'temporary card'.

Thanx in advance for your reply!

lets say u dont have a passport , they will give u a piece of paper just like I-94 with a photo atached to it .... thats where they stamp it and its good for a year

k , i just figured this out , the changes are done by local INS but wont show up in the national computer till the card is actually produced

applied in sept 2nd finnaly the message changed to Application Type: I90, APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD

Current Status:

On January 18, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

clisp said:
applied in sept 2nd finnaly the message changed to Application Type: I90, APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD

Current Status:

On January 18, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
-what is your service center???

Guys Can someone answer my question.....

I'm planning of applying for I-90 online and from one of the posts it seems like I will have to send the original card in mail ? So when I do that what will I get back from INS that will enable me to travel ? Also if I get a temporary card , how long it takes to get it when I'm doing e-filing ? Also would the temporary card be send in mail or I will have to collect it at INS office.

Also when you apply online is the I-90 application processed locally or at one of the four INS processing centers ?

Thanks you
Thanks,

ThakurSahab said:
Guys Can someone answer my question.....

I'm planning of applying for I-90 online and from one of the posts it seems like I will have to send the original card in mail ? So when I do that what will I get back from INS that will enable me to travel ?
--NO, you will get new Card and it takes time read your service center processing times
Also if I get a temporary card , how long it takes to get it when I'm doing e-filing ?
---nothing like temporary card , you can get stamp in your passport.
Also would the temporary card be send in mail or I will have to collect it at INS office.
----no temporary card will be given, you need to visit local USCIS office to get stamp in passport and that is valid for travel/work
Also when you apply online is the I-90 application processed locally or at one of the four INS processing centers ?
-----Service center, and you go to ASC for fingerprints and photographs to be taken.

*** FYI the efiling takes time, better take infopass go to local USCIS office file I-90, take 2 photographs, your Green Card and pay the fee$185( if it is USCIS error then no fees) take copy of your I-485, Driving licence, passport with you. Local USCIS will correct the info in USCIS computer system, will take your Fingerprint,signature on white form and will attach your photo to that form and will send it to Card production unit in your service center and will stamp your passport that stamp in passport will be for 1 year validity and that stamp will serve is GC. it will take less time to get corrected GC, if you efile I-90 it takes more time to get corrected GC(that is what I read)
Thanks you
Thanks,

Ginnu,

I should have been more explicit in my prev post. I alreday have a Green Card, I have had it fro 4 months now. I'm trying to get my wifes last name changed to mine so there is no INS mistake at first place.

Also if you read wtn_4_gc post in the same thread you will see he has to mail in the original card , and the same is mentioned in the I-90 docs requirement on INS website.

I prefer to apply card online if it will be processed by service center and not me local office because processing time at Texas Service Center is 3 months whereas processing time at my Atlanta local office is 1 year. Am assuming that if you file locally your application gets processed locally whereas if you file online it gets processed by Service center. I may be wrong. But if the people who filed I-90 online and locally can respond to my post we would know exactly who does the processing.

ThakurSahab said:
Ginnu,

I should have been more explicit in my prev post. I alreday have a Green Card, I have had it fro 4 months now. I'm trying to get my wifes last name changed to mine so there is no INS mistake at first place.

Also if you read wtn_4_gc post in the same thread you will see he has to mail in the original card , and the same is mentioned in the I-90 docs requirement on INS website.

I prefer to apply card online if it will be processed by service center and not me local office because processing time at Texas Service Center is 3 months whereas processing time at my Atlanta local office is 1 year.
------Atlanta Local office will correct her last name changed in computer system,and you need to provide evidence/documents to change her name, then the white card where they take signature, fingerprint will sent to Card production unit in Texas Service Center

Am assuming that if you file locally your application gets processed locally.
-----No they ONLY corrct your info in Computer system and veryfy the documents and will send the white form to service center then the service center Card production unit makes the Card
whereas if you file online it gets processed by Service center. I may be wrong. But if the people who filed I-90 online and locally can respond to my post we would know exactly who does the processing.

I would also like to know if it makes sense to file online or go to local office. Which is a faster way to do the correction? Any insight would be appreciated!
Also, how do you find the processing time for local office?