• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I790 Form

mandalena

Registered Users (C)
I am just getting ready to post the final package to Chicago (DV Lottery 2008).My case number is availble for the month of April. Do I also need to include the Form I790 ? I think this is the travel document while waiting for the GC. Also, what happens if my spouse was working with an expired AOE? i am the principle winner for the DVLottery. Please advise

I-790 is definitely not an application for a travel document. Where did you even get this form number?

I-790 Agricultural and Food Processing Clearance Order

If your spouse was working with an expired work permit, he may be out of status and may not be able to adjust his status.

I-790 is definitely not an application for a travel document. Where did you even get this form number?

If your spouse was working with an expired work permit, he may be out of status and may not be able to adjust his status.

Thank you so much LucyMo for your quick response. Like I said I am new and just trying to figure out the forms. This is the situation. I am the prinicpal winner 2008AF212XX and my number became current this month. I would like to travel because I have not been home in a while. I was in the process of filling out form I-131 which is for the travel document. I just reviewed the question and it states something like " Since becoming a permanent resident have you ever filed income taxes as a non resident? The answer is either yes or no and in my case the anser is NO as I am not a permanent resident.

You raised an important point of my wife (spouse) and:eek: indicated that since she worked she might not be able to adjust her status . She is in violation of her F1 status but continues going to school and paying the International fees. Would she be able to fill out Supplement A to form I-485 and pay the $1000.00 fee?

Thank you in advance

Thank you so much LucyMo for your quick response. Like I said I am new and just trying to figure out the forms. This is the situation. I am the prinicpal winner 2008AF212XX and my number became current this month. I would like to travel because I have not been home in a while. I was in the process of filling out form I-131 which is for the travel document. I just reviewed the question and it states something like " Since becoming a permanent resident have you ever filed income taxes as a non resident? The answer is either yes or no and in my case the anser is NO as I am not a permanent resident.

You raised an important point of my wife (spouse) and indicated that since she worked she might not be able to adjust her status . She is in violation of her F1 status but continues going to school and paying the International fees on her current F-1. Would she be able to fill out Supplement A to form I-485 and pay the $1000.00 fee?

Thank you in advance

You raised an important point of my wife (spouse) and indicated that since she worked she might not be able to adjust her status . She is in violation of her F1 status but continues going to school and paying the International fees on her current F-1. Would she be able to fill out Supplement A to form I-485 and pay the $1000.00 fee?

Thank you in advance

The $1000 fee only applies to spouses of US citizens. She might be able to get by with it. i've seen it happen a few times

your wife should stop working without a permit immediately.

You may need to seek help of an experienced attorney for this, or you can read up on F-1 students falling out of status and leaving and reentering the US to get back into status. As far as I remember illegal work may not be a basis for AOS denial, but you have to read up on that.

I-131 is used not only for an advance parole (AOS), but for a reentry permit for GC holders. Fill out only parts that refer to Advance parole travel.