I751-only biometric received, whats going on?

I just received my one year extension letter today after 40 days!

Do I need to get passport stamped if I want to travel outside the US?

In my case, I filed for I-751 in Dec, 2008 at the Texas Center. They sent me an appointment letter for biometrics in the second week of January. I had my biometrics done and then no word for almost three weeks. I called the USCIS 1-800 number earlier this month. The person who received my call didnt have much information (which she told me upfront) and therefore she transferred my call to an "Officer" with more information. The officer was super nice. She mailed me an extension letter which I received in less than a week (she asked me to call back in 30 days if I didnt receive it). The extension letter specifically mentions that I can work and travel for a period of one year and that any further information/correspondence should be directed to the Vermont Center.

Hi

My sister got her 2 years green card expire in july 2018 and she applied for i-751 in March 2018, she got reciept in august 2018 about confirmation of recieved case. But its been 1 year now , she didnt got even biomatrics or any further update. Lawyer ask her to wait for 15 to 19 months. And even through reciept number she didnt able to check status. Can u help?

Hi

My sister got her 2 years green card expire in july 2018 and she applied for i-751 in March 2018, she got reciept in august 2018 about confirmation of recieved case. But its been 1 year now , she didnt got even biomatrics or any further update. Lawyer ask her to wait for 15 to 19 months. And even through reciept number she didnt able to check status. Can u help?

Your sister should contact USCIS customer service.

Hi

i751 is taking anywhere between 1 and 2 years currently. It is possible she doesn't need to have her biometrics done, in some cases USCIS is using whatever existing ones they have in their system. They should've or would inform the lawyer if so.