I751-only biometric received, whats going on?

ejmm

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody

I filed my I 751 early in January. I received the biometric appointment at the end of January. The issueing date was stated as Jan 23. But that is the only thing I got. There is no any other kind of receipt that I was expecting. Like a letter some people mentioned which tells you the case is received and the gc is extended for a year or blablabla.

Is that normal? or something might go wrong?:confused:

(you wouldn't believe what I have gone through before because some really silly mistakes immigration office made.):mad:

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any help.

by the way, my green card will expire in March. If I still don't get the letter of 1-year-extension by that time what should I do?

thank you

welcome to the club.. I am on same boat. already did biometrics. No extension or anything to acknowledge receipt of my cheques, though they have been cashed!

Same boat.

welcome to the club.. I am on same boat. already did biometrics. No extension or anything to acknowledge receipt of my cheques, though they have been cashed!

Well guys for the i 751 i believe as long as your case says CRI89 it extends your conditional residency by one year whether or not it says so on the biometrics paper because mine never said your green card has been extended for 1 year on the Biometrics notice.I think i asked this question before as well but i am not 100 percent sure guys .

The 1 year extension letter is different that your fingerprints appointment letter, if you didnt get it yet, try to call USCIS and ask for it otherwise get an infopass appointment to stamp your passport and make sure to do it before your green card expires.

The 1 year extension letter is different that your fingerprints appointment letter, if you didnt get it yet, try to call USCIS and ask for it otherwise get an infopass appointment to stamp your passport and make sure to do it before your green card expires.

My greencard has expired since September 2008 LOL oh joy of joys i love dealing with the unclearness of immigration.Does this mean that im out of status since September but working and going to school illegally?.

My greencard has expired since September 2008 LOL oh joy of joys i love dealing with the unclearness of immigration.Does this mean that im out of status since September but working and going to school illegally?.

hm....I think ILLEGALLY maybe not necessary, but if you did travel, you will not be able to use your Bio. App. letter come back in to US I believed. :rolleyes:

And as why either your school or you job find out your status is expired?
I am wondering if you work at your school?
Because if you do, it seems normal for them to not find out.
Since you are not under the record of International students anymore.
So they stop checking on you maybe. Who really knows.

But all I know is, as far as I know and have seen other people. You do receive an individual paper which is the actual one year extension. :p

hey guys, thanks for the information

I dont think my boss and school will really check into my status...I don't know, everytime it was me who brought the updated paper to them.

But we plan to travel oversea in near future. so I am planning to call USCIS or go to infopass.

Since it is a whole day trip to the immigration office in this area, by any luck , does anybody how to get hold of a living person in USCIS?

I tried to call, but since my case number can't be found in the system yet, there is no way to get to talk to somebody.

Appreciate a lot if anybody could give a hint to catch up a living person on the phone ...

my oh my, talking about immigration office, I do have a whole bunch of stories to tell. wait till one day I can be settled (will that day come?) I can probably write a book about all the stories.

Last edited by a moderator:

If I can get my passport stamped before the gc expires, it shouldn't be any problem for me to travel overseas, is that right?:confused:

hm....I think ILLEGALLY maybe not necessary, but if you did travel, you will not be able to use your Bio. App. letter come back in to US I believed. :rolleyes:

And as why either your school or you job find out your status is expired?
I am wondering if you work at your school?
Because if you do, it seems normal for them to not find out.
Since you are not under the record of International students anymore.
So they stop checking on you maybe. Who really knows.

But all I know is, as far as I know and have seen other people. You do receive an individual paper which is the actual one year extension. :p

I do not work at a school, i work as a waitress at a restaurant and i just filed my taxes jointly with my husband.I am quite aware of not being able to travel,hence the reason why i am so desperatley awaiting an extension letter for one year or final I751 approval.Should i call USCIS and speak to a customer service representative?.The last time i called which was exactly 1 day ago,they said that my case is received and pending since 07-31-08 and that's all.Is this normal and what happens if i get a 1 year extension letter after having gone for almost 7 months minus one does that increase my wait or does ot not matter?

Hey I ran across an old thread last year talking about the same situation. One of them said that her lawyer said in this case we are still legal unless USCIS made a statement otherwise.

I remember when I was reading the applying process, it said that once the application is submitted your gc is automatically extended for a year. So at any rate, in the system we are good. Just without this pysical paper, we still have numerous problems, like travelling oversea, finding a new job, etc.:mad:

I do not work at a school, i work as a waitress at a restaurant and i just filed my taxes jointly with my husband.I am quite aware of not being able to travel,hence the reason why i am so desperatley awaiting an extension letter for one year or final I751 approval.Should i call USCIS and speak to a customer service representative?.The last time i called which was exactly 1 day ago,they said that my case is received and pending since 07-31-08 and that's all.Is this normal and what happens if i get a 1 year extension letter after having gone for almost 7 months minus one does that increase my wait or does ot not matter?

how can i get to talk to a rep since my case is newly new and receipt number can't be found in the system yet?:(:(:(

I thought after I485, i751 should be a piece of cake...I don't even remember the exact date of filing.....we just prepared our files really really carefully. looks like there are more battles waiting for me

wish us all luck.

hi Everyone
I am not an lawyer, or experienced with law a lot.
But this is what happen to my two desk down co-worker.
My co-worker had her GC expired while she is working here.
Our company found out and immediately stop her pay check, until she got her passport stamped.
So...that means it is important for us to get passport stamped.
Maybe it is not 100% legal for us to get pay when our GC expired.

After all this discussion, I would suggest we all get an infopass and get ourself 100% legal and safe.
Good luck to all of us.

My 2 cents

Status is absolutely legal, as long as you have filed for I-751 in the 90-day window, even if you didn't receive the extension.
Having received the biometric notice is obviously proof that you're in their system.
You should go get a stamp after your GC has expired and anyways, last time I re-entered the US using my expired GC and I-751 extenson, the CBP agent at the POE (JFK airport) told me that in case I didn't bring the extension with me I would have still been admitted after secondary inspection.

It's very important to get the letter extension or get a stamp in your passport either one is fine .... because it's the only way to prove that your case is processing.... if your employee find that your green card expired, they are going to ask you to prove your legally status (extension letter or your passport stamped), if you are planning to travel, the immigration officer should give you hard time until they can find that your case is processing, so you can avoid it if you show them your extension letter or your passport stamped and there is one more thing your driving license has expiration date too according with your green card expiration, so they are going to ask you to prove your legally status and you need to show them your extension letter or your passport stamped. To all who has not received an extension letter i should recommend you to get an infopass and get your passport stamped.

Hello everybody

I filed my I 751 early in January. I received the biometric appointment at the end of January. The issueing date was stated as Jan 23. But that is the only thing I got. There is no any other kind of receipt that I was expecting. Like a letter some people mentioned which tells you the case is received and the gc is extended for a year or blablabla.

Is that normal? or something might go wrong?:confused:

(you wouldn't believe what I have gone through before because some really silly mistakes immigration office made.):mad:

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any help.

Same here, I never got receipt notice. I already did the biometrics(went early) and they took them in 5 minutes!

The question is:

Should one get Passport stamped after the GC expires?

I read in another thread on this forum that a guy got infopass appointment and went for stamping of passport, the officer told him to come 45 days after his GC expired?

So please suggest what to do?

Thanks

I thought the I-751 is connected to the social security number too that employees use to verify legality to work, therefore, not having received official paper stating 1year extension not big deal. Only an issue if they travel outside. My 10 cents..

Warning, I just never trust those immigration people