I730 requiring previous I94, pl Helpppp

cortaidus

Registered Users (C)
My wife is trying to file my derivative asylum. however, there is a field on the form where USCIS wants me to fill out all the entry to the US and include my i94 numbers. I remember my latest one as it is still on my current I94. however, my previous I94 was surrendered at the los angeles airport when i went back home on 2002. When i came back i got the new one. Now they want me to list the previous i94 number too. where would i find the previous I94 number? please help..I came to US as a student on 1999, surrended the I94 when i went home in 2002 and got a new one at the airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife is trying to file my derivative asylum. however, there is a field on the form where USCIS wants me to fill out all the entry to the US and include my i94 numbers. I remember my latest one as it is still on my current I94. however, my previous I94 was surrendered at the los angeles airport when i went back home on 2002. When i came back i got the new one. Now they want me to list the previous i94 number too. where would i find the previous I94 number? please help..I came to US as a student on 1999, surrended the I94 when i went home in 2002 and got a new one at the airport.

just explain that you no longer have the I-94 in question. There is nothing else you can do if you do not remember that number.

Thanks for you reply. I think i found my answer here:
Q - I am a student in USA. I first came on F-1 visa last year and then went back for summer vacation. When I returned from the summer vacation at airport immigration the officer asked me to write down the old I-94 number on a new card and I did so but he did not cross out the printed number. Now there are two numbers on my I-94 and I am not sure that which number is being used in INS on my file. Can you please let me know that what number should I use or any way I can find out that what is the number that INS is using for me?

A - It is the number that you handwrote. The same number should have been handwritten on your visa page and your I-20 when you initially entered. It may change in the future, but for the time being that is your permanent I-94 number as long as you stay a F-1.

just in case in the future some wondering soul like me needs this answer, here is the source:
worldwideweb.visalaw.com/04aug1/3aug104.html