I485 transfers

templabor

Registered Users (C)
Well, After my I140 approval I started scanning for I485 for my ND (May 20th 2004). I found that there are many cases which got transfered to Baltimore, New York etc local offices. My questions are:
1. Why and when cases get transfered to other office?
2. If its related to your current address than does they transfer cases to other regions (i.e from VSC region to CSC region)
3. Do they happen after FP or before FP?
4. Is it a good news or bad news?

Hope people will share some light on this (or direct me to a thread which has this informatio) or they can add to VSC for dummies.

templabor said:
Well, After my I140 approval I started scanning for I485 for my ND (May 20th 2004). I found that there are many cases which got transfered to Baltimore, New York etc local offices. My questions are:
1. Why and when cases get transfered to other office?
2. If its related to your current address than does they transfer cases to other regions (i.e from VSC region to CSC region)
3. Do they happen after FP or before FP?
4. Is it a good news or bad news?

Hope people will share some light on this (or direct me to a thread which has this informatio) or they can add to VSC for dummies.

1. To follow up on specific issues such as medical issues (to make sure these have been resolved), that the applicant is still working for a qualified employer or just randomn checks?

2. As far as I know most cases proceed to completion at the service center where the application was filed. If you move out of that service center's area, then, if your case is transferred, it will go to a local office in your area.

3. Not sure.

4. Depends. Some local offices are even more backed up than the VSC whereas I've heard of people getting appointments within a couple months in some cases. The real bad news is that it becomes a lot harder to know how long your case has to go as there is much less information than what we have here and through the USCIS updates.

ETA

Thanks ETA... the reason I was curious was that I found a lot of cases being transfered and was not sure whether if that is one of the ways USCIS is planning to reduce back log.

templabor said:
Thanks ETA... the reason I was curious was that I found a lot of cases being transfered and was not sure whether if that is one of the ways USCIS is planning to reduce back log.

It could very well be. I think the concensus is that the VSC is transferring *way* more cases now than they used to...

ETA