I485 RFE! Advise needed

RPM

Registered Users (C)
Hi I received a RFE which is as:

Required birth certificates - either from the Local registrar if you were born in a city or by the Additional District Registrar's office if you were born in a village.

If the birth certificates don'tt list both parents' names, we also need to submit secondary evidence like school,census, medical or religious records or affidavits from two people alive at the time of the births which include the names of both parents.

I don't have my birth certificate, can gurus please suggest what is best course of action in this scneario..?

thanks,

if you go to local revenue or municipal office in the country, you should be able to get that now.... some of them have already parents details where you can write in the form.

its not hard.

Bc rfe

My attorney suggested that in case if you don't hav a BC then get a Non-Availability Certificate.

Can some one please post a template for Non-Availability Certficate.

thanks,

My attorney suggested that in case if you don't hav a BC then get a Non-Availability Certificate.

Can some one please post a template for Non-Availability Certficate.

thanks,

If you don’t have birth certificate and you are from India you can get non availability of birth certificate from Village Panchayat or Municipality or from District registrar of birth. Once you get the non availability certificate then get it translated in English on stamp paper from Notary public. You will also need two affidavits from parents or relatives with your name, DOB and your father name, mother name and place of birth, relationship to you signed before Notary public or executive magistrate on stamp papers. You need to submit the copy of non availability certificate (copy of English translation and copy of original non availability certificate + copy of two affidavits). Your Name, DOB, Place of birth, Father name, Mother name should match with info on your passport and the info you provided on form I-485 and form G325.

you can check the sample on www.immihelp.com

I don’t know why you did not submit with I-485 form

Thanks Ginnu for your detailed reply.

My attorney never asked for it while filing I-140 and 485 concurrently in Yr 2007.

I already got the affidavits from India and now trying for the Non-Availability certificate. Any idea how long does it take to get it?

These attorneys sucks big time man.

thanks,

Thanks Ginnu for your detailed reply.

My attorney never asked for it while filing I-140 and 485 concurrently in Yr 2007.
-----------------------------mistake of attorney.
I already got the affidavits from India and now trying for the Non-Availability certificate.
Any idea how long does it take to get it?
---------------- 2-3 days if you give "Chai Pani" to babu.tell them it is needed for job(if inform it is needed for USA immigration then they will ask more Chai Pani).
These attorneys sucks big time man.

thanks,
---------------------

Do they (registrar autuhority) need to see any documents (for verification) before making Non-availabilty certificate?

If yes, please advise.

thanks,

Do they (registrar autuhority) need to see any documents (for verification) before making Non-availabilty certificate?
----------------no. your relative should write a letter for your birth certificate (your Name, DOB on the letter) they can also show your School certificate copy. They will tell your relative to make application and they tell you what to write on the application (give Chai Pani).
If yes, please advise.

thanks,

--------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Pending I - 485, and conversion to Consular Process.

My Situation:
As of today working for Same GC Sponsoring employer since 2001 to May 2009

PD is Dec 2004
I-140 Approved on Jul 2005
all Family members Filed I-485 on May 2005 and pending as of today.
Getting/renewing EAD and AP's As of today.

Questions:

#1:
Can we convert pending I - 485 to consular Processing to home Country.

#2:
do we need employer support/letter, when PD is Current. if we choose CP.
(Because Seven years i worked for sponsoring employer, he is acting weird,
not cooperating/trying to layoff)

#3:
How long we can stay with out payroll when I - 485 pending.

#4:
suppose we start a company on spouse name(EAD). is it possible to work for that company (Primary applicant). Is their any complications? Advice Please

your experience will help lot.
Thanks in Advance

Pending I - 485, and conversion to Consular Process.

My Situation:
As of today working for Same GC Sponsoring employer since 2001 to May 2009

PD is Dec 2004
I-140 Approved on Jul 2005
all Family members Filed I-485 on May 2005 and pending as of today.
Getting/renewing EAD and AP's As of today.

Questions:

#1:
Can we convert pending I - 485 to consular Processing to home Country.

#2:
do we need employer support/letter, when PD is Current. if we choose CP.
(Because Seven years i worked for sponsoring employer, he is acting weird,
not cooperating/trying to layoff)

#3:
How long we can stay with out payroll when I - 485 pending.

#4:
suppose we start a company on spouse name(EAD). is it possible to work for that company (Primary applicant). Is their any complications? Advice Please

your experience will help lot.
Thanks in Advance

create a new post, your post has nothing to do with RFE.

Thanks Ginnu!

Instead of Non-availability Certificate now, we got the Birth Certificate from Municipal Office which is issued on June-2009.

Is this will be sufficient to satisfy this RFE related to DOB?

thanks,

Thanks Ginnu!

Instead of Non-availability Certificate now, we got the Birth Certificate from Municipal Office which is issued on June-2009.

Is this will be sufficient to satisfy this RFE related to DOB?

thanks,

USCIS may say it is late registration of birth. Send the copy of Birth certificate AND Copy of two affidavits signed by your parents/relatives on stamp paper signed before Notary public or executive magistrate.