I485 Denied what should I do. Filed in 2005 for spouse.

Thanks Jacko.

I think you have a good point.

Concur...

Though, unfortunately, its not going to change things for you but this Attorney should not be allowed to go scott free. While he was making money off you, you end up having sleepless nights. Post his details so that others know about him and report to AILA, BBB and USCIS (not sure if they care) else he/she would continue this reckless practice and play with other lives.

Akhil,

Just a note to say that what happened to you and your family is aweful, and I hope there is a quick turnaround on this for you.

I would encourage you to write to the board - this would be such a basic thing the lawyer did not check that it sounds like negligence to me. S/He should have at least brought up the possibility that you would be late since the visa bulletin would be out at that time.

If I were researching lawyers, this is something I would want to know about. Has he offered you some kind of apologoy or recompense? (though of course he wouldn't as that would be an admission of guilt)

DG

I assume your wife already left the US, before 180 days passed since her I-485 denial?

If yes, you can file both together. If the employment-based PD becomes current before you upgrade the I-130, she'll get contacted for the EB follow-to-join interview.

But if she's still in the US, it's no use filing the I-130, as it wouldn't give her any legal status and it would draw attention to her, possibly leading to deportation.

Hello Jacko,

Yes, she is in the US now legally, will be here for next 2 years.
------How she is now Legaly in US after her I-485 got denied? how she will be staying legaly in US for next 2 years? did she changeed to some other status? How?

I think I have both the options open 130 and I 824.

and I am thinking of filing both.

Let me know your suggestions.
-----