I485 Approved except me.

jtsye

Registered Users (C)
Our family submitted I485 base on asylee status on the Feb 2008. My wife (the asylee applicant) and my child got I485 approve notice and green card this week, but I'm not. I checked USCIS online says my case "Received and pending".
Does anyone know why only me still pending? I'm only the dependence, I should get approved as long as my wife get approved, right?

I got mine 7 months after my wife.

thanks for the reply, hopefully I can get mine less then 7 months. :)

Did you call the customer service number to ask why you didn't get approved at same time? I'm curious, what is the reason they hold my case.

Yes I called them. They said each case is treated as a separate case. My case was in Nebraska and my wife's case was in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I called them. They said each case is treated as a separate case. My case was in Nebraska and my wife's case was in Texas.

Thanks Jenazah, I just got email from USCIS says:
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On August 26, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Is this mean I will get my GC? How long I will get it?

Thanks Jenazah, I just got email from USCIS says:
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On August 26, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Is this mean I will get my GC? How long I will get it?

Yes it means approval. FYI, asylee adjustment cases filed by a family at the same time are usually adjudicated together.