I485 Approved and Stamping question

VSC-485

Registered Users (C)
Is the courtesy copy sufficient for stamping or do I need the original one that lawyer gets? Experienced people please answer.

No Title

If you could share your RD/ND/PD and other info, I am sure some knowledgeable
people would answer question.

No Title

Country India
Category EB2
RD 2/19/99
ND 3/8/99
FP 2/1/00
RFE Sent by INS on 6/29/00
Responded on 7/10/00
RFE received by INS on 7/12/00
Approved on 7/21/00
I checked 7/21 and 7/22 message was not changed. Messaged changed on 7/24/00.
RFE was about 1. Employment letter 2. In medical one of the vaccinations record was not there.

No Title

Hi VSC-485, My case is also approved and would like to know
whether we will receive a copy of the approval notice from INS or
it is sent only to the lawyer. Please let me know.

Thanks

No Title

i received courtesy copy, lawyer received original, the copy i received clearly said it was for information only and could NOT be used for passport stamping

No Title

Although the courtesy copy does say that it can not be used to establish filing or processing action, I have heard of nobody who was turned away at passport stamping time because all they had with them was the courtesy copy. In my case, in fact, the only thing that the officer looked at was the A- number, which he verified on his computer terminal.

The explanation that I can think of as to why courtesy copies are accepted for passport stamping is that basically the officer wants to establish your identity (your passport suffices for that) and the fact that your application has indeed been approved (your courtesy copy, bearing your A- number, and EAD card(s), bearing both your picture and your A- number suffice for this) before he can process you for an I-551. Once they verify via your passport and EAD photos that you are indeed the applicant, and via their computer using your A- number that your case has indeed been approved, there is no reason for them not to place the stamp on your passport unless they deliberately want to harass you specifically for some specific reason.. highly unlikely :)

Wish you all the best!

No Title

Did any of the July 3\' RFE\'s got approval??????.
Iam waiting and I was told by IIO to wait for 8 more weeks from today. RFE message changed on July 3\' 2000

No Title

Oh yes, the lawyer Fedex-ed the originals to us on the same day he received them in his office.

No Title

I-551 = Green Card = Permanent Resident Card

I-551 is the official name of the plastic Green Card.

Wish you all the best!