I140/I485 concurrently question

waiting2long

Registered Users (C)
Hello, there:

This is a new member. I have a question of I140/I485 concurrent
policy.

My lawyer told me that there are four reasons for applying for this.
1. Shorten the processing time.
2. Apply EAC before you got I140 approved.
3. Get returning paper for going back home.
4. Keep statues.
EAC=Employment Authorization Card

I am quite interested in the second item. My case is EB2-NIW pending. It seems that it is kind of weak durig this time. My lawyer told me that I can apply I485 at the same time. The only risk is losing about $400 application fee. The good thing is my wife can get SSN, Drive lisence, EAC, maybe a in state tuition. That would be definately worthy. However, it is clear that if she applied for I485, she can not apply for F-1 any more.

Now is the question, if my I140 is rejected, obviously the I485 will be terminated, Do I still get EAC for both of us? Will the EAC be invalid immediately? Assume the EAC is the beginning of everything else.

Thanks for reading and comment is welcomed.

its rare for 485 getting denied if not committed a fraud, crime or being out of status for long etc.... Once your 485 is denied you can still appeal but I think its not worth the time to contemplate on these negative aspects of the application process since it superly out weighs the benefits.. The choice is definately yours but we are " pro-life" when it comes to INS mandated rare benefits...

what is A#

Hello folks,

could you some body tell me what is the definition of A#.
Because I am seeing in several forms .

Thanks in advance

siva_kc

Urgent

I filed I140 in Vermont center in last month and due to concurent filing I filed I485 and EAD.any body has any idea when can get EAD because my H1 visa is going to expire in couple of months.

Thanks in Advance

Sivac_C,

The A# is the Alien Registration Number and I think is given when you get your EAD or 485 approved. If you do not have a EAD or an approved Green Card, you do not have to worry about it. It is asked in the forms just in case you are re-applying or extending a current approval!

Hope this helps.

Hi cybercyber

My 6yr h1 is going to expire on 2nd september2002. My I140 filed(ND-18th April 2002), but so far no good news. So what i did was i have filed for 7th extn. (premium processing - filed this week)based on I140 pending. And now using the new rule, I'm preparing to apply for 485,EAD, AP.

My lawyer says I can get EAD in four weeks( he also told me that my I140 can get approved in 6 weeks, but never happened). Nobody know s exactly how long it takes to get EAD. It's all depends upon luck. But if it takes more than two months & near your h1 expiry date then you should consult your attorney. And i'm not sure if you get the I485 receipt date then you can stay, even if you don't get EAD. So goodluck.

More comments welcome on this.

I want to know if anybody used new rule to file 485 and got 485 receipt from INS.

I think they will see first result of 140 petition...

Any thoughts..

Should 485 receipt depend on 140 result

I think the issue of EAC and 485 receipt is conditional upon the
140 approval. At least the extension of EAC (every year) will depend on.