My lawyer is telling me 84 days, it that true

thankx

poker_031197 said:
Help need !

Does any one know deadline for submitting supporting document for NIW or EB1

My lawyer is telling me 84 days, it that true

thankx

Query is rather unclear!
There is no deadline to submit I-140 for NIW or EB1....Submit whenever you are ready! I am surprised from where 84 days came up!
if you mean submiiting response to RFE then the dates will be detailed on RFE letter!

My question was once you have efile i140 for either niw or eb1, after that how many days you have to submit recommendation letters and other supporting documents?

by the way what RFE means?

thankx

Last edited by a moderator:
poker_031197 said:
My question was once you have efile i140 for either niw or eb1, after that how many days you have to submit recommendation letters and other supporting documents?

thankx
Apologies!
I didn't read the subject of your earlier posting.
I talked with my friend and he also said more than 2 months ...but he also had cncern about E filling ....RFE is request for evidences ...which BCIS ask for if you have missed something or if they need additional information about your case!!!

thankx eb1doc

my exact problem is, i am from India and have to apply i140+i485 before oct 1 05 and i dont of any recommendation letters, so my lawyer was suggesting me to efile i140 and then we will have 84 days to submit all supporting documents

i dont know what to do.

any suggestion?

thanx

poker_031197 said:

thankx

I am also interested to learn about Efiling rules. First, if it's possible to Efile I-140/485 concurrently. If yes, does INS allow you sometime to submit the supporting documents after Efiling I-140/485? Could somebody confirm it for sure and also tell exactly how much time is allowed to submit the supporting documents.

Thx much

Good news to all

this is strictly what i did, so dont take it for sure pls. Consult ur own immigration lawyer.

Today my lawyer efiled my i140 for NIW and EB1, I have seven business day to send all the initial supporting documentations, which are

School records (transcripts and degrees)
Employment letter
Immigration doc (I94 etc)
citation copies, ur own publications, conference invitation letters, edited book chapter, any international or national awards, etc.

letter of justification (basically saying why ur qualify for NIW or EB1)

Regarding LOR, he told me that I could send then when I get RFE.

And also I have applied for I485 through FedEx with all the necessary docs.

Pls. this is I what I did for my case….consult ur own immigration lawyer

any comments are welcome

thankx

poker_031197 said:
Good news to all

this is strictly what i did, so dont take it for sure pls. Consult ur own immigration lawyer.

Today my lawyer efiled my i140 for NIW and EB1, I have seven business day to send all the initial supporting documentations, which are

School records (transcripts and degrees)
Employment letter
citation copies, ur own publications, conference invitation letters, edited book chapter, any international or national awards, etc.

letter of justification (basically saying why ur qualify for NIW or EB1)

Regarding LOR, he told me that I could send then when I get RFE.

And also I have applied for I485 through FedEx with all the necessary docs.

Pls. this is I what I did for my case….consult ur own immigration lawyer

any comments are welcome

thankx

Wow!!! That's great news. Thanks for sharing this.
Would you help me understand couple of points. By 'seven busines days' do you mean that following should be sent before Sep 30th :

"School records (transcripts and degrees)
Employment letter
letter of justification (basically saying why ur qualify for NIW or EB1)"

LOR(Letter of Reference ) could be submitted with RFE ? Is that correct?

Thanks much

for my case (pls take advise from good immigration lawyer for your case need)

my lawyer have efiled i140's today so i have seven business days (from the day of i140 efiled) to send all the initial supporting documents as i mention in my earlier post

after that, according to my lawyer I have to send all my reference letter’s if I get RFE.

Again pls consult your own immigration lawyer for more detail for your case need

My plan is to get travel documents (advance parole) so that when I go to India I don’t need to apply for h1b1 stamping

Again my plan is to still have valid hib1 status until I get my green card which will be hopefully august 2008 :)

poker_031197 said:

my lawyer have efiled i140's today so i have seven business days (from the day of i140 efiled) to send all the initial supporting documents as i mention in my earlier post

after that, according to my lawyer I have to send all my reference letter’s if I get RFE.

Again pls consult your own immigration lawyer for more detail for your case need

My plan is to get travel documents (advance parole) so that when I go to India I don’t need to apply for h1b1 stamping

Again my plan is to still have valid hib1 status until I get my green card which will be hopefully august 2008 :)

Thanks poker_031197,

This was a totally new approach discussed on the board and I got interested in it because I am in a similar situation. My LOR aren't ready and would like to file for 140/485 together.

I understand that yours is a specific case and I am consulting my lawyer for my case. If you don't mind could you give me couple of more details.

After you Efiled I-140 did you get some confirmation number ?

Did you have to mention this confirmation number in I-485 ? I mean how would INS track your files?

Did you FedEx 485, 765, 131 together ?

poker_031197 said:

Perhaps I misunderstood something but is it correct that you will not sent any reference letters before you might get a RFE ?
IMO, this is very risky since without any reference letters there is a very high chance that you might not get a RFE but direct denial. Especially now with the retrogression USCIS might deny cases more easily to lower the workload for I-485 cases.

honkman said:
Perhaps I misunderstood something but is it correct that you will not sent any reference letters before you might get a RFE ?
IMO, this is very risky since without any reference letters there is a very high chance that you might not get a RFE but direct denial. Especially now with the retrogression USCIS might deny cases more easily to lower the workload for I-485 cases.

honkman,

What makes the most important part of NIW application. Is't Petition letter or Reference letters ? Would you put any priority to them. Assuming that other documents i.e. publications, citations etc.. are in order.

thankx honkman

but i dont have any choice.

and i don't see why they would deny without RFE, since one of the listed doc on I140 is not reference letter's.

thankx

poker_031197 said:
thankx honkman

but i dont have any choice.

and i don't see why they would deny without RFE, since one of the listed doc on I140 is not reference letter's.

thankx

poker_031197

I agree with you that doc list doesn't mention the reference letters and it's worth filing before 30th and wait for RFE.

Btw, did you send 765, 131 along with 485 ? Could you also throw some light on the 84 days limit after efiling?

Thx

EBandNIW said:
honkman,

What makes the most important part of NIW application. Is't Petition letter or Reference letters ? Would you put any priority to them. Assuming that other documents i.e. publications, citations etc.. are in order.

It is known that to not include reference letters is a reason for denial. For example from murthy.com: "A lack of reference letters from independent experts is commonly a ground for denial, according to the INS."

http://www.murthy.com/news/ukrecapp.html

I don't say that a denial will automatically happen but there is a quite a high probability that it might happen without a single reference letter. If you would have at least some reference letters from not independent scientists it is much more likely that they will issue a RFE instead of a denial, IMO

honkman

thankx for info,

can any one tell me, whether some one can send more supporting documents after filing i140, let say may be after 2 weeks (before any RFE)

Example
Efiled i140 on 09/21/05
Most of the supporting docs send on 09.23.05
LOR will be send on 10/15/05 (hoping before I get any RFE)

Can this be possible?

EBandNIW,
don’t know whether my lawyer have send all the documents (765,131) with 485 or not, I can ask him on Monday

Poker, could you tell me the cover letter is needed to e-file

or can be submitted later? I plan to e-file mine tomorrow.
thanks.

Check out this one

I just found this note on USCIS website: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-concurrent.htm

Is E-Filing the Best Option for You?
You cannot concurrently file paper-based applications and E-Filing applications.

If the applications that you wish to concurrently E-File are not available on the Forms Checklist page, you will need to file the applications in paper.

arydk

EBandNIW said:
Thanks poker_031197,

This was a totally new approach discussed on the board and I got interested in it because I am in a similar situation. My LOR aren't ready and would like to file for 140/485 together.

I understand that yours is a specific case and I am consulting my lawyer for my case. If you don't mind could you give me couple of more details.

After you Efiled I-140 did you get some confirmation number ?

Did you have to mention this confirmation number in I-485 ? I mean how would INS track your files?

Did you FedEx 485, 765, 131 together ?

Options beyond 6th yr on H1B

Hi all,

I will complete 6yrs on H1B in may 2007. I am currently employed as an assistant Professor in a state university. I just learnt about this Green card issue which has started a mad rush to file 1-140 & I-485 by end of this month i.e. 30th sept, 05.

My question is what if I am unable to file by the said date? can I still file I-140 & I-485 after this date and continue to get my H1B get extended beyond 6th yrs until I get my case approved. Is that a option? If not then does it mean that I have to leave USA?

Please advice

Arydk

arydk said:
Check out this one

I just found this note on USCIS website: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-concurrent.htm

Is E-Filing the Best Option for You?
You cannot concurrently file paper-based applications and E-Filing applications.

If the applications that you wish to concurrently E-File are not available on the Forms Checklist page, you will need to file the applications in paper.

arydk

Thx arydk,

I just took a look. Can't believe all this confusion with changing rules.

As poker was asking earlier, do you have any information on submitting documents within a week or two after filing the I-140? Is't possible?

EBandNIW