I140 Approved & Waiting on I485

for vandura_GC

yep..looks like we really missed the bus. Now, I am not sure how many more years it is going to take.

Looks like I got screwed again.
Here is my story.
My GC officially started in 1999, My employer(more of my manager) was sitting on my papers until 2002. - I got screwed by my employer
LC was applied at State labor on March 2002 It was long before I got the LC approved. - got screwed by DOL
Now it was so close to get my GC (may be a week or less than that), then I got screwed again.

Now, I don't know how long it may take to get I485 approved. I am kind of loosing hope on this.

GCxyz
PD March 2002
I140 ND 11/23/03 AD 12/20/04
I485 ND 02/13/04 AD ???
FP 10/04/04
Second EAD and AP

jdr, vadura_GC, GCxyz

I don't want to mislead anybody, but I think we don't have to lose hope. We are probably assuming a lot because of the uncertain picture. As very little work can be expected this week in any office, we probably have to wait till next week to find out more.

I like to know the answer for few questions which may be ringing in head for many of you here.

1. Still there is any chances of getting our I485 approvals soon (in few weeks)

2. How long the USCIS will take to approve all applications with PD earlier than Jan 2002.

3. How many cases may be there with PD earlier than Jan 2002 which are not approved yet.

4. Then how fast the priority date moves from there onwards.

5. For example, in my case how long I may have to wait to get the I485 approval.

I think we may have lot of time to analyse and find answer to these questions
Is there anybody who already know the answer to these questions?

GCxyz
PD March 2002
I485 ND 02/13/04 AD ???
FP 10/04/04
Second EAD and AP

Hi Jdr,

I don't think you have to worry much, Since your PD is earlier than Jan 2002. You may get your approval soon. Retrogresion may not affect your case.
I wish you to have your case approved soon as I wish for mine.

GCxyz
PD March 2002
I485 ND 02/13/04 AD ???
FP 10/04/04
Second EAD and AP

I hope so too..But, I have a doubt. Do they start processing now all the cases according to the current 485 date (July 2002)? It is still not clear how they are giong to process..Hopefully things will be more clearer in the next couple of weeks.
Good luck to all of you..

vadura_GC

Hi vadura,
Did your lawyer/employer recieve your approval notice (140)? Mine havent recieved it yet. urs was approved around the same time as mine, so I was curious...i thought they should recieve it within a week of approval...

485s approved....

Happy to inform that our 485s have been approved. Received emails at 11pm. Hopefully other forum-mates also get their approvals soon.

Congatulations Msatl, I think your PD made this magic happen for you..

GCxyz
PD March 2002
I485 ND 02/13/04 AD ???
FP 10/04/04
Second EAD and AP

GCxyz

I strongly believe that your 485 approval also will come in very soon!

Many thanks for all the folks who shared their information and encouraged with various discussions/suggestions.

PP Stamping scheduled

I have finished scheduling for PP stamping at ATL office for Jan 14, 2005 at 10 am. After I scheduled mine at 11.24 pm, I tried for my spouse, but the system did not let me. I tried again at 12.02 am, and I got the appointment for the same day and time.

Best wishes and good luck to all with their cases.

Finally 485 approved...

Yesterday, finally we got the approval e-mail.

msatl, what is the info pass URL?

I found the URL, but the Q is what option to select on the info pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats

congratulations to all of you !!!!
Indeed, this is a very happy new year for u all !!!!!!!
no news for us yet..let us see...

vadura_GC said:
Yesterday, finally we got the approval e-mail.

msatl, what is the info pass URL?

I found the URL, but the Q is what option to select on the info pass.

Congratulations, I chose 5th option - You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp..

I took two appointments, one each for me and my spouse. The second appointment was not allowed right away, I waited for it to be after midnight, and, meanwhile, I restarted my DSL modem and computer!

Good luck.

I140 approved still waiting I485

I-140 approved recently, but I-485 still pending, no LUD changes. Already 12/31/04, I wonder whether I missed the last chance to get approved before Jan 1, 2005.

Hi Haoyun04,

What is your PD?

GCxyz
PD March 2002
I485 ND 02/13/04 AD ???
FP 10/04/04
Second EAD and AP

Congrats to msatl and Vadura, you guys just made it in time and in vacation time too. Wish you havd bought a mega million lottery, would have won that too. Consider yourself extremely lucky and pray for all of us left in this morass.

GCxyz and hayoyun,

You may not see any activity for sometime. In the new year, USCIS will try to understand the memo and generate the implementation details locally. After the first quarter of 2005, state dept. may come up with new visa numbers which may make the PD move either side. I can say you guys were a bit unlucky not to get it. But don't worry too much, you have crossed the major hurdle of 140 so even though it may take some time, your GC is confirmed, take solace in that fact.

For me this GC stuff have been a long and ardous journey. This is my 3rd GC processing. One I left after labor was approved ( in 2000) and other company laid me off in the mid process. Now also I am not sure if they will take up my case with original PD of labor or new PD of 140 application. If they take 140 RD date as PD, I am totally gone case for many years :-(.

Lets keep our spirits up and see how USCIS treats us in this new year.

Happy New Year to all of the members.