i130 approved and transfered to NVC, then became citizen how to file i485, i864, etc

alboto

Registered Users (C)
me and my wife got married back in 2007, she was a LPR at the time so we filed a i130, it got approved and transfered to NVC august 2009, then my wife became a USC oct. 2009, i would like to know whats the next step to file the rest of the forms with USCIS, cause I understand NVC is for Consular Post and that wouldnt be my case, cause Im here in USA, I came with a visitor Visa and overstayed and I have the I-94, so I dont know how to proceed to do the process with USCIS. I read LoLali had a case similar to mine and I would like to know what did he do, cause I dont want to have a interview back in my country because of the 10 years ban for overstay.

me and my wife got married back in 2007, she was a LPR at the time so we filed a i130, it got approved and transfered to NVC august 2009, then my wife became a USC oct. 2009, i would like to know whats the next step to file the rest of the forms with USCIS, cause I understand NVC is for Consular Post and that wouldnt be my case, cause Im here in USA, I came with a visitor Visa and overstayed and I have the I-94, so I dont know how to proceed to do the process with USCIS. I read LoLali had a case similar to mine and I would like to know what did he do, cause I dont want to have a interview back in my country because of the 10 years ban for overstay.

You just have to send the I-485 with a copy of the I-797C approval for the I-130, I-765, I-864 and all the supporting documents(Certificate of Naturalization etc.) requested in the instructions for all three forms in one package to the Lock-bock address in Chicago. Also make a copy of everything you send to USCIS and please use certified mailed with delivery confirmation. Also make sure it has been more than 2 years since your marriage that way you will get the 10 years permanent GC.

All the best.
Make sure you follow the instructions carefully and answer all questions honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just have to send the I-485 with a copy of the I-797C approval for the I-130, I-765, I-864 and all the supporting documents(Certificate of Naturalization etc.) requested in the instructions for all three forms in one package to the Lock-bock address in Chicago. Also make a copy of everything you send to USCIS and please use certified mailed with delivery confirmation. Also make sure it has been more than 2 years since your marriage that way you will get the 10 years permanent GC.

All the best.
Make sure you follow the instructions carefully and answer all questions honestly.
so I do all that and it doesnt matter if after they approved my i130 they transfered it to NVC??? because if it doesnt matter then that's make me so happy, and yea I've been married for more than 2 years now. thank you very much for your answers.

so I do all that and it doesnt matter if after they approved my i130 they transfered it to NVC??? because if it doesnt matter then that's make me so happy, and yea I've been married for more than 2 years now. thank you very much for your answers.

No, it doesn't matter. USCIS will request your approved I-130 file from the NVC. You should not leave the USA until you have the GC in your hand. My spouse was in the same situation with an overstayed I-94 just over 180 days and the I-485 was completed in 76 days from start to actual GC in the mail. Just follow the instructions carefully and this forum will be very helpful guiding you through the process. You should get all your documents(joint) to prove a good faith marriage. You will be okay once your case isn't complicated.

This link below from JohnnyCash has worked great for everyone who has used it. So make certain that you do.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=288201

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I already filled all the forms and took my medical exam today, so when I receive the envelope with the results on friday Im gonna have the packet ready to send it to the lockbox in chicago, I appreciate so much for all your help, if I have any other question I'll come here for sure.

Thanks
Alberto

well today I received my medical exam in the sealed envelope, right away I went and got the money orders and then USPS and sent I485, g325a, i864, i693, i765, now its all about some waiting....

Similar case but I-130 is not yet approved

Mine is a similar case but I-130 is not yet approved.

My wife filed I-130 for me three months ago. and got receipt back. Then she got citizenship. Now I want to file I-485.

Will it work same way if i file I-485, I-765, I-864 with copy of receipt of I-130?