I would like to write this post to tell about my experience filing a writ of mandamus pro se

wonthecase

I petitioned the court on December 1st. It was easy to get the forms. The court has the forms, which I collected for free and filed them up, I also got Mandamus complaint from website writofmandamususcis.weebly.com for very fair price, and I personalized it with my details, which I joined with the forms provided by the court, I paid around 400 dollars in court fees. After I filed the writ of mandamus, I started counting the days, so around February 1st, I called the court and wondered when the 60 days come to an end, that was when I learned that in order to start counting the 60 days, I needed to serve the defendants first. I did a little bit of research and was able to serve USCIS via email on February 1st, USCIS has a specific email address for process service. I also hired private process servers via the website proofserve.com and served DHS, DOJ and USCIS between february 1st and 15th. I thought I was done with process serving until I was contacted by the U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota, I live here, 3 days ago advising me that the 60 days will only start counting when I serve them, so, 3 days ago, I hired another process server on the same website to serve the U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota, the server I hired has 10 days to serve the documents, they have not served it yet and the 60 days have not started counting and my case was approved today, exactly 21 days after I served USCIS via email.

I filed my writ of mandamus to request the approval of both my green card and my vawa, so, I will continue the process to get the approval of my green card. The process server I hired is going to serve the U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota in the next few days and after the documents get served, I will start counting the 60 days to get my green card. I plan to write a letter to the judge next week to advise them on when the 60 days start counting and the progress made so far by USCIS by approving my vawa.

Overall, I will advise anybody thinking about filing a writ of mandamus pro se to go ahead and do so, it is a very easy process and you will learn it as you get down to it, I saved 6000 dollars in lawyer fees by doing it myself so you can do it to force a decision on your case.

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 15