• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I won Gree card 2006; Adjusting status for F1 visa

borya

Registered Users (C)
poslle poseshenija neskol'kix forumov, u meny vse eshe ostalis' voprosi svyzannie s moim sluchaem. I poluchil pervii paket iz KCC, s nomerom 66**.
sleduja instrukvijam ukazannim v pakete, ja otpavil sleduushe dokumenti v KCC:
1. DSP-122
2. Bar code with my number
3. 1 photo. /ukazal moi local CIS(Chicago).

Dalee, confusion.... between my local USCIC(chicago), kuda dozvonitsy ne vozmogno i Vashington, dge nichego ne znaut. Tem ne menee, ja popitaus' sformulirovat' svoi voprosi:

1. kak ja ponimau, ja dolgen gdat' ot KCC pismo chto oni moi dokumenti poluchili i voprosov ko mne net.
2. ja dolgen svyzatsy s CIS posle togo kak moi case number current ? mne nugno sobrat' mnogo dokumentov dly interview, a kak ja ponimau est' ogranichenija po vremeni ? kak ludshe deistvovat' v etoi situacii ? Amoget bit' deistvovat' do togo kak moi number current ?

Spasibo !
Boris.

Adjustment from F-1 for a DV 2006 winner

Hello,
I also am a winner of the DV 2006. I am on F-1 status, and I have never been out of status during my stay here.
I know i have to apply for the Adjustment of status.
Is any thing i have to be aware?
Is there any chance that i dont qualify?
What would be the best thing for me to do next?
As I said, I have been here for 4 years and some months, and been on status all the time.
Thank you guys.

hi !
up to the monent that i mentioned(sending documents to KCC), i do not now yet what to do :-( i also have valid F1 visa, i do not think so that we should about possibility to be "not quilifing". i will try to contact KCC on the next week to clarify situation with USCIS. if you know something about it, let me know too.
what it your case number ?( my 66**) what is youy local USCIS ?

thank you,

www.ulitka.com for borya.

Other than that, yes, you are getting a receipt from KCC about the received payment and DSP-122.

Then, when your number becomes current, you will file for adjustment of status, the address is on I-485 form. Good luck!

Timing

When do we start the process? Somone told me to wait till October. I dont mean the confirmation from the USCIS, but the actual application for the AOS.

you cannot actually apply for AOS until your number becomes current. And that's not going to happen until October.

marriage

Hi again,

I was just notified of being a winner. AOS starts in October. What if i have a fiance and i want to inculde her in my application. If i amrry her between now and October, will she qualify as my co-applicant?
Thank you guys,

winner2006 said:
Do we have to go and get married there or here. Does it matter?

It doesn't matter. Just make sure that if you marry outside US, for AOS you will need to translate and legalize the marriage cerificate if it is not written in English.

sushi said:
It doesn't matter. Just make sure that if you marry outside US, for AOS you will need to translate and legalize the marriage cerificate if it is not written in English.

Two questions related to this:

1) If my wife is with an H4 and this legally proves her as my wife, isn't it possible to just do the AOS for her H4 without the need of translating any marriage certificate? A proof of mariage was already submitted to the consulate when she got the H4 some years ago.

2) When is the right time to pay any required fee to either DOS or CIS? I already sent the DSP-122 almost a month ago but no news after that.

1) I believe you still need an official document for your marriage - it is written in the instructions of form I-485 (the AOS form) that you need to submit it. Clearly, if the document is in English you don't need translation, but if it isn't - you do.

2) You may wait until you file the AOS petition (not earlier than October 1 but when your number is current) but you may also send it now - it doesn't matter. Since it only takes about 2 weeks to get it stamped I think it is better until you file the AOS petition especially if you think you will need to wait few months until your number is current. Good luck!