• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

i won DV2009 but i was in USA iligally

alex.rom

Registered Users (C)
hi guys, i was wondering if some one could tell me what to do, i won the DV2009 and i got out of status but also working illegally, so my question is if i go back to my country with my wife and i keep the paper work for DV can they find that i was illegally in USA and ban me??? i am married and sick of being apart of my wife and i wish i could go back and get the DV and come to USA 2geather but i also i wanna be aware if i go back and keep filing they will find that i was over stayed and worked illegally???
now i still have my visa B1 good till 2010, i con go out and come back easily and get an i-94 b1, and than apply for AOS, but i still wondering if they can find out that i was over stayed and working without permit, thank you guys....

Did you enter US on very that B-1 you still have? And overstayed 2 years after that?

i con go out and come back easily and get an i-94 b1
Why do you think so? Do you have another B-1 visa as well?

yes raevsky.

Did you enter US on very that B-1 you still have? And overstayed 2 years after that?

Why do you think so? Do you have another B-1 visa as well?--- what do you mean????????

and yes i entered with B1 and yes 2 years after that but my visa is for 10yrs and still good till 2010, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
but my visa is for 10yrs and still good till 2010, so...
Every B1/B2 is issued for 10 years, that means nothing. And for sure, they'll find out that you have overstayed.

Overstaying even 1 day ivalidates your visa. You need another one to enter US. I was asking about another B-1 visa, that you do not seem to have.

i know that guys but i think you guys didnt get my Q???

"Tazmania Every B1/B2 is issued for 10 years, that means nothing"... i know that already...

"raevsky Overstaying even 1 day invalidates your visa"... yes i am aware about that 2...

"GotPR? Yeah, but 222(g) makes it invalid after overstay"... of course i know that

but like i said, you guys didn't get my question, did you?
cause every year i go to Europe=home and come back, every year, and i have no problem, and i know all what you guys said, but also you didn't get what i was asking...
what i asked is if they can find out, cause seems that every time that i come back they don't care or don't get to know what i am doing? i know about the visa and invalidations and 222g but they don't know every time that i come back or just don't care or what, what i wonder is if they can find out if i keep the paper work to file the DV that i won???

What is your country of citizensip?
When did you overstay?
How many times since that have you used this visa?

"Tazmania Every B1/B2 is issued for 10 years, that means nothing"... i know that already...

"raevsky Overstaying even 1 day invalidates your visa"... yes i am aware about that 2...

"GotPR? Yeah, but 222(g) makes it invalid after overstay"... of course i know that

but like i said, you guys didn't get my question, did you?
cause every year i go to Europe=home and come back, every year, and i have no problem, and i know all what you guys said, but also you didn't get what i was asking...
what i asked is if they can find out, cause seems that every time that i come back they don't care or don't get to know what i am doing? i know about the visa and invalidations and 222g but they don't know every time that i come back or just don't care or what, what i wonder is if they can find out if i keep the paper work to file the DV that i won???

You are going to have to outline your personal circumstances with more clarity. It’s a miracle that you keep getting in and out of the US past an immigration officer when you can’t even explain your self clearly here.

If you have a valid B1 visa then of course you can come and go from the US as long as the visa is valid. You are not supposed to be working on this visa as far as I know.

As long as there are no official records of you taking employment and you have never been present in the US out of status I cant see you having any problems with DV.

That being said, your description of your personal situation is very sketchy so god only knows what’s really going on with you. As soon as you file for an immigrant visa you may have difficulty getting more B1 visas post 2010.

Even if you get into the US on an expired visa, if thet becomes clear at the AOS interview, you become out-of-status back from tha date you enter the US the last time (when the CIS officer did not notice you used an expired visa to enter US). So, your AOS cannot occur

As a German citizen, you are entitled to Visa Waiver. The fact that you have B1 at the same time means you needed to come to US for longer than 90 days allowed, or that you did something that disqualified you from using VW before. Now, when you go to US every year, you use the visa, and do not go visa free. Even though your visits are brief, shorter than 90 days. How do you explain your travel on I-94 instead of I-94W?
Are you actually sure you enter on I-94 (using a visa) rather than on I-94W (using VW)? Even though your visa has expired because of overstay, they might admit you on VW.

So alex.rom, when they ask you under oath if you have ever violated your visa status, how do you plan to respond? (a lot of people get this question at their interview)

So alex.rom, when they ask you under oath if you have ever violated your visa status, how do you plan to respond? (a lot of people get this question at their interview)
Good question, but I think we all know how he will answer, don't we ?
But if interviewer had the fact in hand, he will be toast forever.

Germany...
every year i over stay...
about 5 times...
You overstayed 5 times. And you also mentioned you overstayed for 2 years.
What was the longest overstay ?
Depending on that, you may not need to lie for overstay part...:rolleyes: