I want my money back!

I got approved last week ( Haven't received teh courtesy copy or anything yet, may be this week I will). I have applied for my wife and my 4th EAD before that. My EAD is expiring in October. Since my case is approved, will I not get my 4th EAD card ? How long will it take for me to get the approval letter and go get my passport stamped to wherever they want me to go? I hope it will be before my 3rd EAD card expries in October.

If TSC will not approve my 4th EAD since my I-485 is approved, then I want my money back ($175!)! I applied for my wife too and she got her card a month ago which I guess she doesn't even need it anymore (even though her 3rd EAD is valid itill December) .

This is yet another example of TSC's inefficiency!

hmcis, congratulations on your long overdue approval. Knowing TSC, don't count on it not to process your EAD just because your GC has been approved -- TSC might even send you an RFE for that pending EAD! After all, we know that it doesn't check the I-485 file when approving subsequent EAD/APs and frequently ask for things that are already on file with it.

hmcis said:
I got approved last week ( Haven't received teh courtesy copy or anything yet, may be this week I will). I have applied for my wife and my 4th EAD before that. My EAD is expiring in October. Since my case is approved, will I not get my 4th EAD card ? How long will it take for me to get the approval letter and go get my passport stamped to wherever they want me to go? I hope it will be before my 3rd EAD card expries in October.

If TSC will not approve my 4th EAD since my I-485 is approved, then I want my money back ($175!)! I applied for my wife too and she got her card a month ago which I guess she doesn't even need it anymore (even though her 3rd EAD is valid itill December) .

Invalid

Hmcis,

we had also applied for our 4th EAD when our approval came through. Nope, TSC does not return the money. And that application is automatically denied as the I-485 is already approved.

-anitha

these TSC people are nothing but a bunch of a**holes. Logically speaking, since they have not even touched my EAD process yet, they SHOULD return my money!

hmcis said:
these TSC people are nothing but a bunch of a**holes. Logically speaking, since they have not even touched my EAD process yet, they SHOULD return my money!

Why should they? Let me throw the scenario on its head and ask what you would do. Let's assume that instead of approving your I-485, TSC denied it. The EAD application would be rejected for the same reason, you no longer have a pending adjustment and therefore do not qualify for an EAD. Should TSC refund your money in such a circumstance?

One of my friends also got approved just after applying for EAD renewal. TSC is really hungry for money. They just wait for us to feed more and more money and then they look at the case. My EAD renewal is coming up very soon. Hopefully, I will see some changes to my case then.

hmcis,
I'm approaching the same quandry. I'll be applying for my 4th EAD in a week or so, and my case has been at the local office pending an interview for 4 months now, and I still have no interview date.

TheRealCanadian,
The answer to that is that they should make the EAD valid for as long as it takes to adjudicate the I-485, instead of having to send in renewal requests which, unbeknownst to the applicant, are possibly irrelavent because the I-485 will be approved in the interim.

TheRealCanadian said:
Why should they? Let me throw the scenario on its head and ask what you would do. Let's assume that instead of approving your I-485, TSC denied it. The EAD application would be rejected for the same reason, you no longer have a pending adjustment and therefore do not qualify for an EAD. Should TSC refund your money in such a circumstance?

The fee is paid for 'processing' the application. So legally one cannot claim from USCIS for refund of fee for denial of I485 application or for denial of EAD/AP due to approval of I485. (They have 'processed' and decided to deny)

For visas, they have processing fee and visa fee. Similarly for Green cards/EAD/AP, they should have 'document' fee and 'processing fee'.

USCIS cares more for your money than to help immigrant community.

thank you 'CuriousGeorge' and 'Ihack1' in replying to 'Therealcanadian's email. I couldn't have said that better.

As a matter of fact, I wish there could be a way to even sute TSC for the 'emotional' and 'monetary' damage they do to us! They literally ruin our lives!

curiousGeorge said:
The answer to that is that they should make the EAD valid for as long as it takes to adjudicate the I-485, instead of having to send in renewal requests which, unbeknownst to the applicant, are possibly irrelavent because the I-485 will be approved in the interim.

That's not what I asked. :) Sure, USCIS should provide EADs valid for as long as they expect it will take for the adjustment to be ajudicated - which is what they are in the process of doing.

However, my question still stands - if you file for an EAD renewal and the underlying adjustment gets approved in the meantime, why should you deserve a refund?

While we are on the fee subject, for those defending TSC, my question is if 485 is pending beyond the processing dates and you have not got an RFE why should the filer not be entitled to a refund on 485 fees ? Also, why should cases not touched but waiting longer not be refunded 485 fees ?

Answer: Because TSC is above the law and can do what the f**k it wants. You know the motto of the "country leading the free world" ? Its "NEVER play fair, but ALWAYS pretend to do so".

Groan said:
Also, why should cases not touched but waiting longer not be refunded 485 fees ? Answer: Because TSC is above the law and can do what the f**k it wants.

How is TSC above the law? What section of the law indicates that a refund must be given if the case is pending too long?

TSC's processing times are indefensible, but the requests people are making in the thread have no legal justitification. Moral? Yes. Legal? No.

TheRealCanadian,
I beleive the law they are referring to in this post is the common law of ethics that most other honest private companies seem to obide by:

If no service is rendered, no charge is implied.

Some dishonest companies get away with charging without rendering service, but this usually ends in some kind of a lawsuit. The same thing should apply here, yet USCIS seems to have put themselves above the law somehow. Most governement agencies require you to pay them up front, even if they never will be able to fulfill your request. This is unethical.

refund

My 140 denied. I sent my 485 papers just before 4 days and they cashed the money. Since 140 denied do I get my money back

Well, sell it $400 a piece !! EAD will sell better than a hot cake!!

:p :p :p :p :D

hmcis said: