I think I have hit the bottom

goal32

Registered Users (C)
I don't think anyone here can have worse luck that I do. I filed my 485 in 09/2001. Until now nothing happened except I was request to do a second finger print on March 1.
I filed an inquiry through 18003755283 and guess what I got "The application is within processing time" Then I called back and was put on hold for a while and got an answer back as "They are still working on your case" I asked "Has my case been assigned to an officer?", "We don't know"
I have tried Senator, Congressman offices. It does not seem to help at all.
This is my story, any suggestion, fellows?

goal32,

How is a 9/2001 case within processing time. I thought the latest "official" timelines show that NSC is processing 12/01 cases. Maybe you should call them again , since they are "officially" processing 12/2001 cases.

Keep us posted on any developments.

Well I told them that "The processing time is 12/01/2001 now" Then the rep answered "Sir, it is a common sense that some cases need more time to process that other cases"
I am just speechless ...

Senator

I have had bad experiences with the Senator. There are two senators from each state. Try the other Senator. If that does not work, call Governor's office or congressman. Its important that either you go to their office or fax the papers to have some attention.

can understand

Can really understand what you might be going through. But I tell u worry not cuz if you have come this far why not all the way. Hang in there cuz there's only one way when you are already in the basement.

This is the situation that probabe immigrants can understand. But just go all the way and start talking aggressively to the Senator/congressmen's office.

Cheers!
Currys

goal32,
Your case is really sad - But hey! foremost of all - dont give up hope and be strong. Here are some of my suggestions -

1.Call the 800 number again another day - probably you might get someone more pleasant than the rude person you had earlier. And if they talk about common sense - politely tell them, that you never knew common sense had to understand that 09/01 and 12/01 are like 4 months apart. Dont take anything lying down - whoever that maybe, thats my simple advise for you.

2.Keep pounding the local Congressmen and Senators - go to their offices and be very very very persistent - dont just give up. Not sure where you are from - maybe I can help you find out(if you can let me know where you're from) who the local Congressmen and Senators are in your area. Or you yourself can get that from one of those websites someone in the forum mentioned earlier - you should be able to find it in the archives.
This activity(following up) with Congressmen and Senators - you should try to do it to the maximum - like to a point where, by the time you show up in their offices, they probably know your name. Dont feel embarrassed or anything - somethings in life have to be realised this way.

3.Have you considered being part of the law suit? If you're interested you can send me a PM with your details or get in touch with one of the CoreTeam members or anyone at ImmigrationPortal.ORG. This is only if you are comfortable with it.

These points will be my prescription for you - and again remember the first line - Just dont give up - push all the corners that you possibly can - Meanwhile Stay Confident! - Chin Up Cheer Up!

Thank you

It is really nice of you writing such a long message advising me.
I am from Illinois. I did contact the Senator and local congressman's office.
I contact Dick Durbin's office and it seems like they are not lot better than the 1800. And I also went to local congressman's office a week ago and no news so far. I called the FBI about name check and no response so far.
There is another Senator, Peter Fitzgerald. But I am worried that if one of them finds I am contacting another Senator at the same time they might not be happy or quit helping. Or BCIS can get pissed off by answering inquiries from too many people.
But anyway, I will walk into Senator Durbin's office today.

Thank you so much~!

I hope this is encouraging...

Hi goal32,

I filed my I-485 in July of 2000, a year before you did, and only got the thing approved in January of this year. The only thing I can say is hang in there and try the congressman's office if you already tried the senator's offices. You will get it!

AILA can make inquiries on your behalf to USCIS. In this particular instance the I485 RD is before the current processing date. Can you check with your lawyer as to whether or not such an inquiry can be launched through the AILA liason?

I also agree with Rafiq and MrCoolZ. Keep hounding your congressman and become an albatross around their office’s neck. The office expenses are paid for by tax dollars. You are a tax payer and are here legally. Email, write, fax, show up in person, but force them to take up your case.

Best wishes,
sadiq

I just went to the Senator's office. The legal aide came out the room to let me know he already sent an email to BCIS. So again I was asked to wait for 30 to 60 days for an answer. So he is not even as good as 1800. I was asked to "be patient". Then walked me out without even leting me into his own office.
After paying tax for 7 years I am still here being boucing around for this. I don't know what is going here.
I don't know what I did to deserve this. This is unbelievable ...

Goal32

I do not know how to say this without hurting you.
I'll still give it a try.

I thought after a long note from MrCoolz I thought you mood would elevate a bit.
But obviously it did not.

Just for a moment, for one moment, close your eyes, and imagine that you did get a mail from USCIS today evening that you got approved.
I know all the depressive , negative thoughts will come in first, with one voice in your mind saying, "Not possible... "etc etc...

But bear with me for a moment.

Imagine….

What's the first thing you'd do?
Whom would you call first?
Whom would go to and say "On your face, you bas!@#$".

After all that is done, what more would you do?

My point is …
What else would change in your life?

The answer is "A LOT"
And then again, if you think a little deep "NOTHING"

Believe me "NOTHING"….

Pl do not think that I am the one who got his Green Card a few months back and giving you this advice.

Buddy, I am in the same boat as you are.

Just try to take care of your immediate problems first.
Do not loose hope.
I may sound crazy, but if you haven't seen it yet, rent the movie "Seabiscuit" and see it.
I just saw it yesterday. Felt very very positive after I saw it.
This because I am a movie buff.

If something else works for you go ahead and do it.
When was the last time you went out with your family just to walk around or to a fast food joint.
For just half an hour of today's evening forget that there is any such thing as a Green Card.
Try...

Hope it helps.

Take care man.

I am sure within next few weeks you'll see the light. (using cliché: darkest before the dawn ya da ya da….)

I deeply appreciate everyone who posted messages in this thread. You guys convinced me that they are people around who do have "common sense" and understand other people.
I think at this point I should feel better for every reason except that one thing. I am so academically and professionally archived, and I have a wonderful family, lovely kid. Man I should not let one thing ruin or affect my life.
I have been studying and working in this country for almost 11 years. I never worked in my home country(China) and never had so many friends there either. And I married and had kid here. I am so attached to this country. But I did not expect I had to go through so much to just have a peaceful mind that I can for sure raise my kid here. How many 11 years in our life? Freedom is too costly.
Anyway, tomorrow is another day :) . I suddently remeber Ghandi said "If you can wake up healthy in the morning then you are luckier than millinois of people because those failed to do so" I guess the chance I will get up healthy in the morning is good. So I have to :)
Like my wife said worst comes worst we can pack and fly back to China. The home country is providing big opportunities to poeple with our qualifications. If this country does not need us that much then oh well ...
OK, I will grab a beer, a cold one.
Have a good night or day ...

Way to go Goal32!!!!!

I am glad you're all charged up. I'd like to share with you what one of my friend told me during our occassional chat - there's nothing so very great about this GC - after all its a stamp in your passport. Ofcourse not to deny that it has its own advantages - and we can have a slice of the huge cake of opportunities. But one cannot base his entire career on the basis of a stamp in his/her passport. If you think very carefully, the world is kind of become a global village for all practical purposes and like you pointed out, if we have good qualifications and experience, it doesnt take "only" this country to make us shine - We still will shine no matter where we are. If this country decides not to give you a residency, at the end of the day, you will not be the one who will lose - your intellectual skills will be put to use somewhere else where they really think they need you. And trust me there are so many places in this world, to take your example - China, is a booming market. So dont lose hope and more importantly, dont give up your confidence.

And while, I like you all being charged up and pepped up - dont give up fighting. You have to continously keep following up. It doesnt matter if you talk to 2 Senators - they are all here to serve the people of America. And the same way dont restrict yourself to contacting the Congressman from your constituency. I'd advise start with him first, if you find him not very helpful, talk to as much of them possible from the entire state. I am sure atleast one of them will be helpful and understand your situation. But how'd you know that unless you try - So go for it Goal32 !!!!

And my friend you'll soon see light!

I am so speechless. What a warm community we have here.
Guess what I got it! Well it is EAD. :) . I guess I also need to file another AP.
The delay of my 485 did produce extra profits for USCIS. So they are always on winner side. I wish I am not fighting a loosing battle. BUT I CHOOSE TO FIGHT. And I suddently just realized that the Senator or Congressman is not doing me a big favor for helping me out. I have already paid. Today I will go to the congressman's office near my company. I suddently think I am not just fighting for a GC I am fighting for my rights and for pushing people doing their work properly. No, I will not go anyway, not until I get my GC. I choose my place to live not others. I don't want to lose this fight. I have met all the requirements, absolutly no criminal records. So they owe me a GC. And Senator or Congressman or any public service personel owe me some service.
Meanwhile I wish all of you luck.

Many thanks

I am again energed from the deep of the water. And at this time I am very grateful for everybody in this thread who offered encouragement.
Man, my eyes are misty ... I dont even know you but you offered so much ....
From deep of my heart... GOD BLESS YOU ALL ...

Hello goal32 and all other friends

I am in the similar boat still and don't know what to do. Someone suggested me this website to post the message, so someone can help me out.

my RD/ND both in November/December, 2001. I haven't heard anything since I completed 1st fingeprinting in the beginning of 2002. I had total of 3 EAD so far and I have applied for my 4th EAD last week. Company lawyer said that wait and watch. Some cases are stuck. I tried though senator's office, but no response as the said they have several cases like this and they will reply when my turn comes. I don't know what to do from here.

Goal32, did you receive anything yet. Can anyone of you provide me any guidance/suggestions.

Time to act on our own

immiproblem said:
I am in the similar boat still and don't know what to do. Someone suggested me this website to post the message, so someone can help me out.

my RD/ND both in November/December, 2001. I haven't heard anything since I completed 1st fingeprinting in the beginning of 2002. I had total of 3 EAD so far and I have applied for my 4th EAD last week. Company lawyer said that wait and watch. Some cases are stuck. I tried though senator's office, but no response as the said they have several cases like this and they will reply when my turn comes. I don't know what to do from here.

Goal32, did you receive anything yet. Can anyone of you provide me any guidance/suggestions.

immiproblem:

I am also a fellow RD/ND Nov. 2001, still waiting for my approval, inspite of having a simple case, involving no employer cganges,no location changes, not even an address change. It looks like cases from Nov.-Dec. 2001 were in a cold storage up intil now, when we were seeing approvals from later dates. Hopefully your 4th EAD application would trigger some activities on your file, as hopefully someone will be looking into your file. My spouse's 3rd EAD application in Jan.04, I think, triggered an RFE in March 04, while the EAD was being approved in March 04. It would be another 1 or 2month before thay act on your EAD application. Some suggestions I have:

1. Call USCIS Customer Service number that is on their website. Nebraska official processing date is 02/2002 for 485, and it is more than 30 days after your RD/ND in Nov. 2001. Ask the agent for an enquiry on your status, some say it is called special enquiry. Idid that in July 04, and within 2 weeks got a standard reply, though of not much use, but I think it triggered my FP2.

2. Since you had your 1st FP in early 2002, it could be long expired. Though there are some people who are approved without a 2nd FP, those cases are very rare, as I understand these are valid for 15 months or so. I guess your call to the INS and the status enquiry could trigger for a 2nd FP in the near future.

3. Instead on 'wait and watch' as suggested by your lawyer/employer, act on your own. Up until now, I also had similar responses from our lawyer/ employer,and didnot do much on my own. Plus until recently, the offical processing date on USCIS website was also pretty close to my RD/ND. NowI realise even cases from Nov. 2002 are being processed, and we are all left behind. Try contacting your Senators, Congressmen etc. I tried one Senator, no action for 3 weeks, then I contacted the other Senator and they called me back within 2 days, saying they are contacting CIS. Updated onceagain after 2 days, saying the congressional liaison at CIS will enquire about the status and let us know the updated status in 3 weeks. I would suggest you also to contact your congressional representatives, and if need be visitthem personally.

4. Did you check with FBI to see whether your are stuck there at the name/security check? I din't know about that kind of a check, upuntil I started visiting this forum recently. Details are avilable here to contact FBI by phone/fax and that wy atleast we could make sure FBI clerance is not the problem.

Hope this helps and keep us posted of the developments since we fall in the same RD/ND period and let us alll hope the fellow working on our cases have soem mercy on us. If you would provide more detaisl like the state/category/ address changes, employer changes etc, someone more experienced might shed more light on those aspects.

We are almost reaching the 1000 day mark !

Santo

Hello,

Thank you very much for your detail reply. I called USCIS customer service number and got a reply in 2 weeks with standard answer. I tried congressman's office too, but of no luck yet.

Anyway, some more detail about me. I do have one employer change after more than 180 days with the previous employer and I have about 3 address changes, as when we first moved we were in temporary apartment for 30 days, but even lawyer sent that address change to INS too.

I don't know what more to say or do. By the way, I don't know anything about any status check etc. I also don't know about phone/fax for FBI and what should I ask for and when should I do that. As I said earlier, I haven't heard anything more about my case after March, 2002, when 1st fingerprinting was completed. Can someone please provide me the information regarding this name/status check issues at FBI and phone/fax number detail. Anyone can directly e-mail me to at my email address - immiproblem@yahoo.com. I am really desperate and would appreciate, if someone can help me to what should I do from here on?

Well, I'm getting there as well.
My case is more complicated though: 245(i), changed 2 employers (A and B) now working for C. Never notified CIS. Changed address and didn't notify CIS, since I still receive mail at the old address, and there's someone there for me.
I did contact CIS and made an inquiry exactly 26 days ago, as I haven't heard anything back yet. I also went to the local office to check whether the case was transferred and I didn't know - and no, they confirmed the case is in Nebraska.
I will wait until it's 30 days after my processing date, and start contacting senators etc. Today I will call FBI as well for name check and let you know.

---------------------------------
I-140 AD 12/23/2001
I-485 RD 01/24/2002
FP1 03/23/2002
FP2 11/01/2003
3 EAD (don't have the dates) approved
No RFE
Tracker messages last updated 01/21/2003 regarding the FP1
No messages changes regarding FP2
No notification that case was transferred to local office

Help me too please...dont leave me alone....anchor the boat, so i can hop on...

Yes,

(starts with a deep sigh) but hey...after reading this thread, I do feel there is love in the air ...

Here is my details...
2nd FP : July 2nd 2003.

RD : 10/25/2001
ND : 11/21/2001
1st FP : Jan 2002.

I have called the name check and everytime they say that they are not looking at faxes in june and ask me to call back within 2 weeks, but I see that ppl in the forum here are getting emails about their name check status. I called FBI voice msg system and left numerous msgs and no reply from them. I dont understand sometimes...why me?

The interesting part of my case is I was called for an interview on Dec 11th 2003 in Omaha. The INS officer there was so nice and asked for further evidence that wife and I were living together. My marriage certificate or wife's driver license with the same address as mine, didnt convince her. So, we came back and sent bank statements, cc statements, medical bills etc. Now, the funny part is, the lawyer was not notified anything about it, and she was suprised that they would contact me directly for RFE.

But when i was there, the officer said my case looks good, except my name check from FBI is pending. She even signed all the documents (a white form) which are needed to sign when I get my GC, so that she will mail me. She said I could call any time to find out my case status. I did, and everytime she said the same thing, and I asked my lawyer to talk to her and she said she got the same answer. So, here I am waiting and waiting...

Anyways, is there something different I can do or should do? can anyone with your profound kdge advise me?

So, goal...the way the whole INS works is funny for me, yet we rely on them for GC...ironic huh? Dont worry man...cheer up...the world is a big place and we are always wanted somewhere...i believe in make the best with what u have...