I think I have hit the bottom

npnjan02 said:
Well, I'm getting there as well.
My case is more complicated though: 245(i), changed 2 employers (A and B) now working for C. Never notified CIS. Changed address and didn't notify CIS, since I still receive mail at the old address, and there's someone there for me.
I did contact CIS and made an inquiry exactly 26 days ago, as I haven't heard anything back yet. I also went to the local office to check whether the case was transferred and I didn't know - and no, they confirmed the case is in Nebraska.
I will wait until it's 30 days after my processing date, and start contacting senators etc. Today I will call FBI as well for name check and let you know.

---------------------------------
I-140 AD 12/23/2001
I-485 RD 01/24/2002
FP1 03/23/2002
FP2 11/01/2003
3 EAD (don't have the dates) approved
No RFE
Tracker messages last updated 01/21/2003 regarding the FP1
No messages changes regarding FP2
No notification that case was transferred to local office

I just got off the phone with FBI and they told me my FP was completed and report was sent to CIS on 11/23/2003 - 22 days after a did FP2. I'm running out of options. :(

npnjan02 said:
I just got off the phone with FBI and they told me my FP was completed and report was sent to CIS on 11/23/2003 - 22 days after a did FP2. I'm running out of options. :(

npnjan02 or anyone:
Do you know whether FBI will do a name check along with a finger print check normally? Is the name check done separately from the finger print check? I did my FP2 recently on 07/15/04, and the CIS webiste says the results of the FBI fingerprint results were received on 07/20/04 and was updated on 07/21/04. My question is do I need to contact FBI again, asking whether my name check or security check is done. Some of the 2001 filers are stuck on FBI namecheck (as I understand from this forum), however, I would like to avoid sending unnecessary requests, hence this question.

santo, I thought it was part of the same process. I could be wrong, and honestly I don't know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help and guide

I am in the similar boat still and don't know what to do. Someone suggested me this website to post the message, so someone can help me out.

my RD/ND both in November/December, 2001. I haven't heard anything since I completed 1st fingeprinting in the beginning of 2002. I had total of 3 EAD so far and I have applied for my 4th EAD last week. Company lawyer said that wait and watch. Some cases are stuck. I tried though senator's office, but no response as the said they have several cases like this and they will reply when my turn comes. I don't know what to do from here.

Can anyone of you provide me any guidance/suggestions.

Approved!

Folks:

My case is approved, as noticed from online status! So also my spouse's!
I counted the days from ND to AD and it was a whopping 997 days! Yeah, I missed 1000 days by a mere 3 days :eek: No job changes, no location changes, not even an address change, still it took almost 33 months for my 485 approval. Who knows why it took so long and I think it is something I will never know!

My fellow 2001 filers, hang in there! Hope is on the way! And thanks to all for all the help & advice.