I started my law sue (WOM) for N-400 Today.

Congradulations!! I think you will get your oath letter soon. Without the WOM lawsuit, you probably still sit here and waiting.

Jack

moody22 said:
Ok Friends, here is my interview experience today in Miami.

I arrived to the DO at 9.15 am, while the interview was scheduled at 9.50 am. The attorney arrived at 9.30 am. There were approximately 40 applicants for interviews. People were called for there interviews, even people who arrived after me were called, except me.

At about 11.00 am, My attorney went to the security officer to ask what’s going on, he answered him back to be just patient, you can wait any time between 15 minutes to two hours before we got called in.
Then my attorney and I started to get worried, we thought they have a special arrangement for me since I filed a law sue against them.

Around 11.15 am, an officer showed up, called my name and walked us to his office. On our way, he smiled and said: You have a big file with us; I didn’t get the chance to sort it out and go through all the documents there. I smiled, without any comments.

He made me raise my hand, and swear to say the truth, which I did. He didn’t ask for any documents, not even my driving license. He said he knows I don’t have the actual green card, since they took it away during the I-751 interview. He said you have the stamp in your passport, but this stamp might give you a hard time in the airport, I said yes, and it did already.

He went through the application very quickly, where you live, what you do for living, if I’m still married to my wife, have you been married before. He was marking on the application with a red pen for each of the information he verified. Then he went through the YES/ NO questions quickly. Then he gave me the Civic/ English test with 100% answer rate.

Then he said I can’t see any pictures in you application. I said I sent them along with my application, he searched again, found a photocopy for my pictures, but that’s about it. Thank god I had two pictures taken in Walgreen two days before the interview, just in case I’m going to need them in the interview.

He said that’s it, I’m recommending your application for approval. Then I asked him about the Oath. He said your application have not been stamped yet with the approval stamp since I have to go over it again, we have 120 days as you know, after that your attorney knows better than me.
He mentioned there is one on the 19th of December, but he doesn’t know if I’m going to make it or not, because there is many people there. ”The last Ceremony Miami had been last August as I remember”. I said I know there’s another one on the 20th, He said this one get cancelled since the convention center want to charge the government $55,000 for each ceremony, and they don’t have the required fund approved for that, also it’s the end of the year now, where all companies and other agencies has too many conferences and ceremony, so it is kind of hard for us to find a place to rent, and held the ceremony.

He printed the N-652, marked the box of:

1. You passed the Civic/ English test.
2. Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony.

That’s all about it. I felt 50% relief, I want to get the final approval and the oath letter today, but unfortunately you wont get everything you need at one time, that’s who life is.

What makes me really happy today is the officer attitude, very nice and professional person; I wonder why not the entire CIS officers are the same. He never mentioned anything about the law sue I filed, nothing about pending security checks crap, not even a single document, nothing.

What do you guys think: am I close enough to my Citizenship?

Best Regards,

Moody

Flydog said:
Sounds pretty good to me. All you need is an oath letter now. Whether you get an oath letter during the interview seems to be DO specific (for example, both my wife and I walked out from our interviews in Dallas with the letter (with an oath date) in our hands). But, from other threads, that doesn't seem to be the practice in other DOs.

If they've recommended you for citizenship and have no outstanding issues, you should get a letter real soon.

Good luck

Thanks Flydog for your openion. and by the way, congratulation for reciving your new passport, I just saw your passport thread now.

I was looking through threads for interviews experince in Miami, i found that Goodyear07 walked out from his interview without N-652, the AO informed him that he can't make a descion now and it may take a month to four months for the oath letter.
A week after that, he get an oath letter for the Dec 4th Oath cermony. Hopfully i will meet him there, and we will take the oath togther.

Moody

Last edited by a moderator:
cajack said:
Congradulations!! I think you will get your oath letter soon. Without the WOM lawsuit, you probably still sit here and waiting.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I hope i will make it on the Dec. 19th Oath.

Your signture dosn't have the Passport yet. It seems like you're getting too lazy even to apply for your U.S passport after this long fight with the CIS :D

Take Care,

Moody

My apology. :D I forgot to update my signature. I actually applied my passport on the same day that I was taking oath (11/21). I received my passport on 11/30. I was fortunate to call passport agency one week after submitting and found out they almost printed my name wrong. I was lucky enough to catch them before they printed my passport and shipped it to me. Anyway, it is a better experience than dealing with INS. I hope you will see your oath letter.

Jack

moody22 said:
Thanks Jack, I hope i will make it on the Dec. 19th Oath.

Your signture dosn't have the Passport yet. It seems like you're getting too lazy even to apply for your U.S passport after this long fight with the CIS :D

Take Care,

Moody

cajack said:
I was fortunate to call passport agency one week after submitting and found out they almost printed my name wrong. I was lucky enough to catch them before they printed my passport and shipped it to me. Anyway, it is a better experience than dealing with INS.

Jack

Thank god that the passpoert agency do not intiates name check.
Other wise, you have to spend another $350 to sue them as well. :D

Oh boy. Please dont say 'name check' to me any more. I am allergic to it now. :D

Jack

moody22 said:
Thank god that the passpoert agency do not intiates name check.
Other wise, you have to spend another $350 to sue them as well. :D

Congratulations!

Congratulations moody!

My husband got the same interview results as yours, same marked boxes on N-652 form. He will take oath on 12/13. So don't worry, you are approved. Please let us know when you get your oath letter.

brc465

moody22 said:

I arrived to the DO at 9.15 am, while the interview was scheduled at 9.50 am. The attorney arrived at 9.30 am. There were approximately 40 applicants for interviews. People were called for there interviews, even people who arrived after me were called, except me.

At about 11.00 am, My attorney went to the security officer to ask what’s going on, he answered him back to be just patient, you can wait any time between 15 minutes to two hours before we got called in.
Then my attorney and I started to get worried, we thought they have a special arrangement for me since I filed a law sue against them.

Around 11.15 am, an officer showed up, called my name and walked us to his office. On our way, he smiled and said: You have a big file with us; I didn’t get the chance to sort it out and go through all the documents there. I smiled, without any comments.

He made me raise my hand, and swear to say the truth, which I did. He didn’t ask for any documents, not even my driving license. He said he knows I don’t have the actual green card, since they took it away during the I-751 interview. He said you have the stamp in your passport, but this stamp might give you a hard time in the airport, I said yes, and it did already.

He went through the application very quickly, where you live, what you do for living, if I’m still married to my wife, have you been married before. He was marking on the application with a red pen for each of the information he verified. Then he went through the YES/ NO questions quickly. Then he gave me the Civic/ English test with 100% answer rate.

Then he said I can’t see any pictures in you application. I said I sent them along with my application, he searched again, found a photocopy for my pictures, but that’s about it. Thank god I had two pictures taken in Walgreen two days before the interview, just in case I’m going to need them in the interview.

He said that’s it, I’m recommending your application for approval. Then I asked him about the Oath. He said your application have not been stamped yet with the approval stamp since I have to go over it again, we have 120 days as you know, after that your attorney knows better than me.
He mentioned there is one on the 19th of December, but he doesn’t know if I’m going to make it or not, because there is many people there. ”The last Ceremony Miami had been last August as I remember”. I said I know there’s another one on the 20th, He said this one get cancelled since the convention center want to charge the government $55,000 for each ceremony, and they don’t have the required fund approved for that, also it’s the end of the year now, where all companies and other agencies has too many conferences and ceremony, so it is kind of hard for us to find a place to rent, and held the ceremony.

2. Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony.

That’s all about it. I felt 50% relief, I want to get the final approval and the oath letter today, but unfortunately you wont get everything you need at one time, that’s who life is.

What makes me really happy today is the officer attitude, very nice and professional person; I wonder why not the entire CIS officers are the same. He never mentioned anything about the law sue I filed, nothing about pending security checks crap, not even a single document, nothing.

Best Regards,

Moody

brc465 said:
Congratulations moody!

My husband got the same interview results as yours, same marked boxes on N-652 form. He will take oath on 12/13. So don't worry, you are approved. Please let us know when you get your oath letter.

brc465

Thanks brc465 for this valuable information,
and Congrtulation for your husband, you will be next for sure.

Moody

cajack said:
Oh boy. Please dont say 'name check' to me any more. I am allergic to it now. :D

Jack

May I suggest the CIS to release anti-name check vaccination, especially after they get sued left & right nationwide this year. :D

It is a great idea. But the catch is: should CIS finish the name check before they give you the anti-name check vaccination? :p :p

Jack

moody22 said:
May I suggest the CIS to release anti-name check vaccination, especially after they get sued left & right nationwide this year. :D

congradulation

moody22 said:

Best Regards,

Moody
thats good news and i think you are getting there,but i remember that you told me that your application wastransfered to washington,d.c, am i right ?

Rafat1972 said:
thats good news and i think you are getting there,but i remember that you told me that your application wastransfered to washington,d.c, am i right ?

Dear Rafat1972,

Yes, my file was sent to the CIS Headquarter some time last March, came back around July. I knew these info from the information off. during regular update on my case.

Now,

1. I don't know why my file was Sent to the Headquarter in D.C.
2. I don't know why my file came back from the Headquarter in D.C.
3. I don't know what happened to my file when it was sent to the Headquarter in D.C.
4. I don't why i have to wait 2.5 years where my name check was finalized by the FBI on 7/27/04, one day after the CIS requested on 7/26/04.

To answer these question, please refere to the CIS ineffeciencies hand book. :D

I think the CIS liked the fact of getting sued everywhere :rolleyes:

Regards,

Moody

Hope you'll stick around after oath.

Moody22

We need your expertise around here. It is coming to filing writ of mandamus recently, since we ain't got no choices anymore.

There are a lot of applicants who are stuck in name check. And we all know suing USCIS before 1.5 year after PD is very slim if not impossible. You once mentioned exhausting all the options before filing.

Could you please kindly name "all the options" to exhaust?

Thanks a billion.

Conradulations Moody! At least the interview part is over. You are very close to an end of this immigration nightmare call naturalization. I hope you'll get your oath invitation soon!
Best of luck to you :)

springbranch said:
Moody22

We need your expertise around here. It is coming to filing writ of mandamus recently, since we ain't got no choices anymore.

There are a lot of applicants who are stuck in name check. And we all know suing USCIS before 1.5 year after PD is very slim if not impossible. You once mentioned exhausting all the options before filing.

Could you please kindly name "all the options" to exhaust?

Thanks a billion.

Hi Dani, Springbranch:

For me, The Exhaustion of other administrative remedies includes:

1. 8 info passes to the citizenship office, the same answer: Back ground security check is still pending.
2. Senator was contacted 2 times, same response from the CIS.
3. Congressman was contacted one time, same response from the CIS.
4. Letter to the first lady, resulted in response from the FBI name check unit say: your name check was requested on 7/26/04, finalized and sent back to them on 7/27/04.
5. Letter to the CIS Ombudsman, forwarded to the CIS Headquarter. Get the same response even though the local district office issued the interview letter after getting sued.
6. Attorney inquiries to the CIS, same response of background security crab is still pending.

Financially:

7. $4000 of attorney and court fees to file the WOM, in addition to the $390 I paid it for my application initially.
8. $6.99 for two more pictures, after the CIS lost the pictures I sent originally. :D :D
9. the cost of sending over 40 letters ”most of them were registered letters” :mad:
10. Days off from work in order to go to the Info Pass and stand of line for hours. And days off to meet my attorney during the law sue filing process.
11. Driving 100 miles back and forth to the CIS during the info pass.
not to mention massive loss of great job opportunities due to this pending application. I couldn't move poutside of the low paying state for three years in order to keep my file here, and not to get it in more delay beucratic loop.

12. psyclogical damage:(Deaing with CIS since 2001 is the biggest damage for me)

13. My mother is a cancer patient lives back home by her self, she couldn’t get a visa to come here even to visit me.
14. Damaged from getting treated as a criminal, his background check was uncleared for more than two and half years.
15. Have to renew the stamp in the passport every two month, since I didn’t get the physical card.

For those who’s asked me for a copy of my case, I didn’t filed Pro Se, my attorney filled for me, and I don’t have a copy of the complaint.
I asked him for a copy three weeks ago, and he refused to give me one. I think he doesn’t want his work to go outside his office, and I think he is right about this.
I know he used the Mandamus and the administrative procedures acts in this complaint, just like any I-485 WOM case, which were posted everywhere in this forum.

Good luck for everybody,

Moody

Oath letter received

Friends, finally done, and mission well accomplished. :D :D :D

I just received the Oath letter today from Texas service center. It will be at Miami Citizenship center in the Down Town on Jan 12th. At 2.00 pm.
I would like to introduce my sincere appreciation for all of you, i don’t want to mention names because I’m afraid to forget anybody.
I will stick around for help and advice for everybody who still fighting.
Wish every one the best.

Regards,

Moody

Thanks for sticking around.

moody22 said:

I just received the Oath letter today from Texas service center. It will be at Miami Citizenship center in the Down Town on Jan 12th. At 2.00 pm.
I would like to introduce my sincere appreciation for all of you, i don’t want to mention names because I’m afraid to forget anybody.
Wish every one the best.

Regards,

Moody

You deserved it. No more USCIS. We all appreciate your help offer though.

Hi Moody!

CONGRATULATIONS! You finally arrived at the end of the tunnel. You deserve it. Enjoy your new citizenship :).

Cheers!
Legal

moody22 said:

Wish every one the best.

Regards,

Moody

Thanks guys

brc, springbranch, Legal, Jack and everybody in this forum:

Thanks again. It's a great feeling to be free from the CIS P.S. at least i don't have to listen to thier crap any more. Now i can travel without harrasement, i can vote, i can sponser my relatives, i can accept any job offer i like any where worldwide, and most important: i can smile and sleep without CIS nightmares.

For thoes whose still fighting: Be strong, never give up, you are free in a free country, the goverment can't control your life here, that what OUR contitution says.

Cheer,

Moody