• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I received the 2nd notification email but my selectee letter has not changed

Hello mates .i'm from egypt , My CN 8xx and according to visa bulletin I should get my interview next October. I sent application 28 may and received within 2 weeks. I didn't receive my 2nl today , I called my agent and he told me that cases with low numbers who sent after 20 may won't receive 2nl now but may be next month and will get interview november or even december , is this right ?
Could the sending date affect the interview date?
could my interview posponed to november just because I sent application at the end of may?

Thanks in advance

Your agent is wrong, KCC doesn't have a cut-off date regarding when forms are received and when 2NLs are sent out. Did you check the ESC site though to see if the 2NL is uploaded or it's a case of not receiving an email asking you to login and check?

If you login into the ESC website and there's no new update for you, then you should definitely give KCC a call, and don't rely on what your agent says.

Hello mates .i'm from egypt , My CN 8xx and according to visa bulletin I should get my interview next October. I sent application 28 may and received within 2 weeks. I didn't receive my 2nl today , I called my agent and he told me that cases with low numbers who sent after 20 may won't receive 2nl now but may be next month and will get interview november or even december , is this right ?
Could the sending date affect the interview date?
could my interview posponed to november just because I sent application at the end of may?

Thanks in advance

by the way did you check your status and see FIRST notification letter?

thanks for the replies mates , very much appreciated
the embassy in cairo is not closed , and ESC still shows my 1st NL i know some poeple who sent application with/after me didn't also received 2nl despite their CN is lower than mine , but i also know those whom sent 20 may and former received 2NL in Egypt

i'll call kcc today but any ony here who received 2NL sent their application at end of May/start of June here ??

thanks for the replies mates , very much appreciated
the embassy in cairo is not closed , and ESC still shows my 1st NL i know some poeple who sent application with/after me didn't also received 2nl despite their CN is lower than mine , but i also know those whom sent 20 may and former received 2NL in Egypt

i'll call kcc today but any ony here who received 2NL sent their application at end of May/start of June here ??

The date you sent in the forms does not affect the processing....

Just out of curiosity,
i am checking for a friend now who got the second nl and interview date.

he is worry for his high scool diploma that will not qualify him. he has a high school diploma that is not full time but is 5 years.
and he is asking if he should go for interview or not. as it will cost him and his fammily a lot of money.

do they check before 2 nl about the school or they check during interview??

what are your opinions on this??

Let me know,

Just out of curiosity,

he is worry for his high scool diploma that will not qualify him. he has a high school diploma that is not full time but is 5 years.
and he is asking if he should go for interview or not. as it will cost him and his fammily a lot of money.

Let me know,

They do not check the school results prior to the 2NL - that is something that will be checked during the interview. If his education is not at the appropriate level they will reject his application - it is a fundamental requirement. I'm not clear on what you mean by "he has a high school diploma that is not full time but is 5 years" - education levels vary from country to country so I don't know whether the level your friend has completed is enough or not - i.e. US High school equivalent (12 years).

The rules state that a person must be qualified by either the education requirement OR the work experience requirement. The education requirement is worded like this:-
High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

You friend should be very sure that he is qualified one way or the other otherwise yes he would just be wasting his time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity,

Let me know,

What britsimon said, but also on the dvselectee don't they have the requirements on the country specific pages? Or I know also some local embassy websites tell you what is acceptable for education for that country. Like this one (under the "important notes" section): http://nepal.usembassy.gov/mobile//visas/immigrant-visas/diversity-visa-program.html

What britsimon said, but also on the dvselectee don't they have the requirements on the country specific pages? Or I know also some local embassy websites tell you what is acceptable for education for that country. Like this one (under the "important notes" section): http://nepal.usembassy.gov/mobile//visas/immigrant-visas/diversity-visa-program.html

Thanks for pointing that out Susie - I hadn't realised some embassies spell things out so clearly. That is good because I am sure there is confusion. In the UK for instance we finish "High School" at age 16. Up until this year that was the only compulsory level - but entry to a university required 2 optional years of study (A levels) and that would then be the required level for a DV selectee.

Thanks for pointing that out Susie - I hadn't realised some embassies spell things out so clearly. That is good because I am sure there is confusion. In the UK for instance we finish "High School" at age 16. Up until this year that was the only compulsory level - but entry to a university required 2 optional years of study (A levels) and that would then be the required level for a DV selectee.

It's quite funny in a way to see what the different websites emphasize. The one for Latvia has a comprehensive list of things you can bring to prove your recent marriage (after you won the DV lottery) is a bona fide one! :D

It's quite funny in a way to see what the different websites emphasize. The one for Latvia has a comprehensive list of things you can bring to prove your recent marriage (after you won the DV lottery) is a bona fide one! :D

LOL - the other day I had cause to remind myself about cultural differences between countries. I came across a site (that I think I have seen years ago) that lists some interesting cultural differences between us all.

I was trying to understand why people from one country in particular tend to ask endless childlike questions rather than using some common sense. So - this may not be accurate but it's quite interesting...

http://www.culturecrossing.net/basics_business_student.php?id=215

The date you sent in the forms does not affect the processing....

i called kcc today
they told me that my case hasn't been updated with the applications
i asked if that means that they did not receive them
they told No , they can't confirm or deny reception of application by telephone , and it is only done by email to KCC
they added that i should call by this time next month as it's very possible that my case will be updated
i said my case number is current and i should get interview in October
they replied that they handle thousands of documents and i may get my interview in November or later

i don't know what to do now mates ??
what does all of that mean ?

i emailed them again to confirm reception of applications and inquiring about the my case status ??
i'm very confused at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
That means that you get your interview notification when they have schedules an interview.

What thety said about an interview later in October is a very good example that "current" does not mean you get an interview right away.

Congrats to all those who have started receiving their second letters of notifications for their interviews. May God richly prepare you in time. We're praying for you.

i called kcc today
they told me that my case hasn't been updated with the applications
i asked if that means that they did not receive them
they told No , they can't confirm or deny reception of application by telephone , and it is only done by email to KCC
they added that i should call by this time next month as it's very possible that my case will be updated
i said my case number is current and i should get interview in October
they replied that they handle thousands of documents and i may get my interview in November or later

i don't know what to do now mates ??
what does all of that mean ?

i emailed them again to confirm reception of applications and inquiring about the my case status ??
i'm very confused at the moment

Hi Hany,
Everything will be fine, don't worry.
I think best thing to do, is to resend ur forms again and whenever it reaches KCC, just send them an email and refer to the telephone call " that they didnt receive ur documents" and refer to ur Fedex no. For receiving ur latest Documents"
But before doing this just give them another call and recheck again.
Good luck

They do not check the school results prior to the 2NL - that is something that will be checked during the interview. If his education is not at the appropriate level they will reject his application - it is a fundamental requirement. I'm not clear on what you mean by "he has a high school diploma that is not full time but is 5 years" - education levels vary from country to country so I don't know whether the level your friend has completed is enough or not - i.e. US High school equivalent (12 years).

The rules state that a person must be qualified by either the education requirement OR the work experience requirement. The education requirement is worded like this:-
High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

You friend should be very sure that he is qualified one way or the other otherwise yes he would just be wasting his time.

Hi Britsimon,

i checked for him on our Embassy webpage and they clearly point out that his school what he has done( 5 years 3 times a week which he did without leaving his job and here is called corespondence or part time) is not going to be accepted. He is not very good in english and could not understand very well. Actually he was asking me if he will stand any chance if he goes to the interview.
The school gave him a high school diploma but it is written on the diploma that was a part time/correspondence school. I told him so since he got the 1st nl but he did not believe me and i wanted to be sure before i tell him which is not very easy.
Is it going to make any good if he calls the embassy and tell them that he will not show up on the iterview because of this school issue?? if he applies with his wife for dv-2015 or for a tourist visa???

Thanks again,

Hi Britsimon,

i checked for him on our Embassy webpage and they clearly point out that his school what he has done( 5 years 3 times a week which he did without leaving his job and here is called corespondence or part time) is not going to be accepted. He is not very good in english and could not understand very well. Actually he was asking me if he will stand any chance if he goes to the interview.
The school gave him a high school diploma but it is written on the diploma that was a part time/correspondence school. I told him so since he got the 1st nl but he did not believe me and i wanted to be sure before i tell him which is not very easy.
Is it going to make any good if he calls the embassy and tell them that he will not show up on the iterview because of this school issue?? if he applies with his wife for dv-2015 or for a tourist visa???

Thanks again,

I'm sorry to hear your friend will be disappointed this time. I assume he does not qualify on work experience grounds (unlikely but possible - for instance I would NOT qualify on education but WOULD qualify on work experience).

Firstly he can apply with his wife for FV2015 of course - the primary applicant (the selectee) is the one that has to meet the requirement - so if his wife meets the criteria and SHE is the winner - then that will be fine. Of course if he enters and wins again then he is simply going to be disappointed once again.

Second, there is a chance that he will have problems with future tourist visas. This is precisely why some people are wrong to advise everyone submits their 122/230 forms regardless of high numbers etc. Submitting those forms (the 122/230) is a demonstration of intent to immigrate to the USA. In future tourist visa applications he may be questioned about that and will have to be sure to demonstrate that the intent is no longer a concern.

Finally, I would say this piece of advice to you. In discussing this with your friend you should lay out the facts and that it is MOST likely he would be declined for the Green Card. However, let him make the final decision because in years to come other less informed people will say that you were wrong and he might blame YOU for "stealing his dream". That is BS of course, but it might happen. If he wants to try at the interview - let him. He will know it isn't you stopping him and there is a tiny chance that the CO makes a mistake and even gives him the visa. Who knows. COs are just people....