I postponed my AOS interview, what do you think?!!!!!!

abd0123

Registered Users (C)
i got a letter from houston office to attend the AOS interview on 5/22/2012.
i replied that i have an important test at the same time and sent a proof.

do you think this will affect my situation?
my second anniversary will be on 9/15 and I think they will schedule it around that date, so in case they i got my GC after the second anniversary, do you think it will be permanent or conditional?

please I really need all your opinions and suggestions.

thank you

You already replied so wait for their response. Suggestions or opinions at this point are moot. And cut the multiple exclamation marks at the end of your title. Its considered quite rude.

Good luck!

my second anniversary will be on 9/15 and I think they will schedule it around that date, so in case they i got my GC after the second anniversary, do you think it will be permanent or conditional?

thank you

Did you keep any proof of sending your reschedule request, like a tracking number?

Rescheduling an AOS interview is risky, because sometimes they don't process the reschedule request, and end up denying your AOS for not showing up. Then you'll have to file a Motion to Reopen to undo the denial and get another interview date.

If they process the reschedule request, the next interview will probably be in 1 to 3 months, which would be before your 9/15 anniversary. But sometimes it takes 4 to 6 months to get a new interview. And even if they interview you before 9/15, you should still get a 10-year card if they wait until after the 9/15 anniversary to approve the case.

Should get a ten year card if the final adjudication takes place after 9/15.

Sound like you don't want to go through the removal of condition in 2 years. Trying to out smart the USCIS.

Good Luck to you.

thank you

Thank you guys for response

first of all I am sorry for my typing, I was really not trying to bother anybody by putting !!!! after my question.
also I really had a very emergent case, because my test couldn't be postponed, and indeed I attended the test the same day, so I wasn't really trying to play smart with USCIS because I need the GC for my Job urgently but also there was no way to reschedule the test.
I am grateful for great responses, and we are all here to help each other (I suppose).
Thank you so much every body

Update
I found on my case profile on USCIS that they received the request to reschedule and they will inform me if they will reschedule it.
I am prying for the best.
thank you again my friends

... because I need the GC for my Job urgently but also there was no way to reschedule the test.

Why do you need the GC for your job? EAD is not sufficient? Is it a government job? If an employer will hire green card holders, it is almost always illegal for them to reject you on the basis of having an EAD*, especially if it's a non-government employer.

*assuming it's not an OPT EAD pursuant to F1 status.

Why do you need the GC for your job? EAD is not sufficient? Is it a government job? If an employer will hire green card holders, it is almost always illegal for them to reject you on the basis of having an EAD*, especially if it's a non-government employer.

*assuming it's not an OPT EAD pursuant to F1 status.

what you said is very important, because I know many hospitals who said in their websites EAD is not acceptable, if this is illegal , so I think this will give some people a chance to sue them, but for me I am not interested.
also I am not trying no pass through conditional as much as i want to go to sznshp faster.

thank you every body