I passed the interview today!

Well Actually I was asked to provide more information about visiting COP by the IO. I did stay there for a couple of months so that could be the issue, in any case I have submitted a letter and some supporting documents and awaiting final decision on my N-400 application. Congrats btw to the person who got approved in this thread. It totally depends on IO i think for the most part. Believe me, my taxes and everything else checked out OK.

Well staying in COP for couple of months will most definitely raise questions. I'm not surprised at all.
Atique.

Well Actually I was asked to provide more information about visiting COP by the IO. I did stay there for a couple of months so that could be the issue, in any case I have submitted a letter and some supporting documents and awaiting final decision on my N-400 application. Congrats btw to the person who got approved in this thread. It totally depends on IO i think for the most part. Believe me, my taxes and everything else checked out OK.

If you leave the country for more than 6 months you will be questioned. No matter where have you been. It could be your COP or any where else. The question was raised because of the lenght of time you spent out of the country, not because it was your COP.

DELAWHERE
can i ask you..? with all my respect...you don't need to tell me where are you from? BUT..are you from a country of"interest" you know what i mean...a country that is in the list of the american goverment...like countries that need to be investigate before?
sorry for the question..but i just want to know why they gave you this delay...
other question..where was your interview,,what city...? in some places the process is more fast
thanks in advance for your answer

DELAWHERE
can i ask you..? with all my respect...you don't need to tell me where are you from? BUT..are you from a country of"interest" you know what i mean...a country that is in the list of the american goverment...like countries that need to be investigate before?
sorry for the question..but i just want to know why they gave you this delay...
other question..where was your interview,,what city...? in some places the process is more fast
thanks in advance for your answer

Not all all. I am NOT from from a Country that is in the USA "watch list". It is in Philadelphia DO. I will let you know how it turns out. My trip was due to the death of my father and yes I did stay for a couple of months there.

I did not stay there for more than 6 months. But staying for 4 months in your COP does raise some questions because of the length of time. I would like to stress that the issue was NOT only the length of time but the very fact that I have gone back to COP. The officer informed me that if I claim persecution etc against my Country, I should not have gone back!!! So I mean my task is to prove that there was an emergency that forced me to go back to COP which I am trying to do with the letter and documents etc. We shall see.

Thank you realfang, I'm pretty sure it will turn out OK. There is a reason for everything, so I will be optimistic about the whole thing. Not much I can do really.

Thank you realfang, I'm pretty sure it will turn out OK. There is a reason for everything, so I will be optimistic about the whole thing. Not much I can do really.

I hope every thing goes well. If the reason for your trip was the death of your father, there should not be any further questioning. Just show your evidence and you will be fine.
Please let us know how it goes.
Best of luck.

I just wanted to update on my status. I got a wonderful news through the mail today containing an Oath letter. It turns out that the letter I sent in regards to the visit to COP was sufficient enough to approve my naturalization case. I will be attending the Oath ceremony a week from now. Needless to say I am extremely relieved about the outcome. I was beginning to doubt if it will ever be approved but GOD IS GREAT as HE saw it through on my behalf. Thanks, and I hope that folks who have visited their respective COP and who have issues with that as it relates to N-400 application would find similar outcome as I have. I have realized that the odds are strongly on the applicant's side and eventually the USCIS will approve the case. So hang in there COP-visitors. : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations delawhere! What documents did you show? My mom has been called for a second interview because of COP visits (because of her sick parents). She's taking hospital letters or something.

Guys,

I have a question. If let say someone went back to COP and got their naturalization application rejected, what will happen to his GC status? will USCIS revoke his GC?